Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Shes Back!!!!

Yes finally after a month and a half of driving stink hondas and people movers!!

Its feeling really great at the mo! lol! Suprising thing is the its running alot more powerful then my previous setup, running just over 1 bar without a boost controller....where as my previous set up maxed out @ 0.6. Really shows how old and warn down my old set up, must be the new turbos? well atleast all the mods are finally providing results. - time for some

Oh yeah, the guy that fixed my car was the service manager for Auckland motors for 10 years before he started Automotive New Lynn - his name is carlos, drop him line, he knows his Mitsis and hes a good guy!

Now just got to get the front bumper fitted, slap on the carbon fibre bonnet and then purchase some new 18's and rubber - then shes all set for summer

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    31-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ051
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR4 5 Spee
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWVR
    Yes finally after a month and a half of driving stink hondas and people movers!!
    Good to hear it Don!, i hope you do decide to keep it after all the drama

What front bumper are you fitting? got a new one, or just refitting the one you had before.

2/1/06 Rangikapiti Pa - Mangonui, Northland

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    19-12-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 LEGNUM VR4

Quote Originally Posted by mpau009
    Good to hear it Don!, i hope you do decide to keep it after all the drama

What front bumper are you fitting? got a new one, or just refitting the one you had before.
    Thanks Bro - yeah ill keep it for a little while - i have a evo 6.5 style front bumper, need someone to paint it though, know of anyone who can "hook " me up...

oh yeah, still havent had a go at the teins...hahaha

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    31-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ051
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR4 5 Spee
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWVR
    Thanks Bro - yeah ill keep it for a little while - i have a evo 6.5 style front bumper, need someone to paint it though, know of anyone who can "hook " me up...

oh yeah, still havent had a go at the teins...hahaha
    Not really, all my encounters with panel beaters have been through insurance, so iv been more concerned with getting it done well, than price. I used westgate panel and paint when a truck swiped my mirror and door, and they did a good job for okay money.

Either that, or you could sweet talk Ken into trying out his paint gun on yours as a warm up for his respray But from what i gather an oven baked paint job will hold up better.

I picked up some Crux skirts and a rear lip really cheap yesterday via trademe, but they are already in prefacelift silver so shouldnt need painting

Let me know when you get those teins out if you still want a hand to disassemble and replace those locking rings. I'll have to grab those spanners off you at some point too, my cars going to have to go up a bit so that the skirts dont get munched entering my driveway Wont be for a month or two though..

Name
    Whenz
    Last Online
    04-02-2020
    Country
    New Zealand-Maori

pictures! pictures! pictures!
    VR-4