david
    Last Online
    15-03-2012
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Galant VR4 Type

FS: 1999 Galant VR4 Saloon

Already listing in Ebay and details can be found there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...cSELL.m315.lVI

whats not in the listing is 2 brand new Toyo Proxes on the front, Ralliart suspension and i`ll get 12 months MOT put on to any buyer.

Looking for around £4000 ovno.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    06-05-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    200SX/Mazda Bongo

Went to see this car today and I promised Dave I'd give it a write up.

Dave himself is a straight-up bloke who clearly knows and loves his Jap motors.

First experience with a VR4 so can't compare it to any other but it's obviously been very well looked after and is in excellent condition inside and out. Under the bonnet the ATF fluid and engine oil were both looking good and everything was in its place looking clean and tidy.

The standard seats were more comfortable and supportive than I'd expected and the interior much more tasteful than in many Jap cars, I could certainly live without leather or recaros.

The car drove very well and the ride was firm and very controlled but not harsh or crashy at all, which had been a concern given the wheel, tyre & suspension set up. Grip levels when Dave gave it some welly around a tight wet corner were awesome.

We didn't have much of a chance to give it a real going over on the road as, being VR4 newbies, we weren't keen to stack it into parked cars and the best local driving road was closed off for some reason. All the same it's clearly got a lot of torque which delivers as soon as the accelerator is touched whilst the upper end of the rev range sees both turbos come on boost in fine style with no leaks or any other cause for concern.

All in all I was very impressed as were the wife and kids. If we can flog the 200sx and this hasn't already sold then we'll be getting back onto him but as he's a good bloke and needs to move it on I won't feel too bad if someone gets in there first.

Name
    david
    Last Online
    15-03-2012
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Galant VR4 Type

Thanks again Paul and his wife and children for trying my VR4, he did pick up a few niggles and i will look into them.
    My usual test ground was closed which is a lovely mountain road with some nice straights and tight bends but maybe they closed it for an accident or sometimes they film for top gear there.

At least you have a small taster of the VR4`s and hope you been converted..haha