keith ian wood
    Last Online
    28-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    2.0 Galant Spor

Autoglass, Preston

Just recently had windscreen replaced in car.

Car was left at work and autoglass at Preston came out to repair it. The windscreen was replaced and didnt think nothing of it until I was out driving and then I noticed the mirror vibarating when parked anywhere where the car was just idleing. (Very annoying)

Called Autoglass and they got me into place at Preston.

Didnt get the guys name but he was relentless in sorting it out. 1 hour later and it was sorted. 8/10

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    97 Legnum VR-4

????? !!

Did they say what was wrong and what the fix was?

I can only imagine the wrong adhesive was used originally?
    Martin Yates

97 Legnum VR-4 , 02 Mazda 6 (wifey's)

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Normally Mirror is replaced using double sided sticky rubbery tape
    Nick

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    03-07-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4 Galant

I was just praising autoglass this week, last year they came out to my car at 2am to hoover out smashed glass and put in some plexi-glass while they source replacement glass. They did the work at my convenience and were very very good.

This year my insurance company used National Windscreens, they left my car insecure for over 24hrs then I had to give THEM the glass part number AND then they flattened my battery while doing the work. Also, there's still loads of glass all over my car!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

National Windscreens!
    I've just had to give them the part number for my rear window, and they have come back and said "Mitsubishi are referring back to japan to find out why you were sent the wrong window".

As I said "I don't care why I was sent the wrong window. You have the correct part number, and I don't have the correct glass....in fact I don't even have a date when you think I WILL have the correct glass". As it's a Saturday, I think she was just a call-centre-dolly with no idea (note, if it was a bloke he would have been a call-centre-drone - no sexism here).

So far...so unimpressed. They keep trying to say it's a problem at Mitsubishi's end. My argument was that I am aware of at least 1500 cars that take the same window as mine.......are they so small that they don't carry any stock? At all?

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    03-07-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4 Galant

Turbo_Steve, i've just been down to do a few small jobs on my car that needed doing and i noticed the passenger side window switch was all wobbly. Looks like he's tried to pry it off with a screwdriver to get my door card off and ended up snapping the extension piece underneath it not to mention the marks! So i've had to make a few repairs now too after them, oh, and the door pocket still had lots of glass in it.

I hate that company.

Name
    keith ian wood
    Last Online
    28-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    2.0 Galant Spor

Guess where i wont be going.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

BigOxo: I have to say in their defense that the fitter who came out was very very careful at what he did, and told me as soon as he got out of the van that he would be "bloody amazed if Mitsubishi have given us the right window first time -we seem to have nothing but problems with them".

And he was absoloutely meticulous about getting every last little bit of glass out of everywhere..not sure if that was because I was stood there with his cup of tea, but he seemed to take a healthy degree of pride in his work. He even told me that it's usually impossible to get all the glass out, but that if there was a rattle where it would be likely to collect and hoover out.

So I'd suggest it's definitely worth reporting back to the company if you're dissatisfied with the fitter who turned up, as it would appear they're not all bad.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    03-07-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4 Galant

i will call them on monday - there's massive chunks of glass all over the car. i know it's hard to get it all but i think he left more than he took. I'm glad your guy was decent - it takes alot to be very good at a **** job and i daily applaud those who are.