Thread: Air Conditioning

Last Online
    09-07-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    carisma

Air Conditioning

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone know whether the aircon topup valves on the galant are the same as a carisma's?

I work for an air conditioning company, have plenty of gas but can't find anywhere what the valve size is so i can whack me gauges and vac pump on?

It is smaller than 1/8" BSP but i can't find anything smaller, can anyomne shed some light?

Or even better, has anyone got an adaptor that fits? I begrudge speinding a garage £60 + vat (cheapest price in Colchester for a topup) when i can do it for next to nothing!

Ta

Darrel

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Darrel

Interesting question! Having looked through the service manual, it very handily tells you sod all.

However, I can maybe offer some help - In my garage is a tin of Castrol EZ-Fill. It's one of those A/C wonder fixes in a can and as an AC person, you probably loathe them with a passion!!

However, the fitting appears to fit... So if you can find out what size that is, it might help?

Last Online
    09-07-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    carisma

nice one fella, will take a look.

i actually work for a house/factory air conditioning company rather than a car one so i hate nothing about the car industry

Well, apart from my car, petrol prices, car tax,traffic in colchester etc....

Last Online
    09-07-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    carisma

looked on ebay for the can and the hose tapping has an internal thread which my car has too so would still need anadaptor?