Thread: Induction/Exhaust

Last Online
    22-12-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ex Legnum now Honda

Induction/Exhaust

Hi Guys, can anyone advise on best type of induction kit/filter for my 24v-V6 Galant 5Dr, am already booked in for a custom built stainless decatted ex system :headsc: cheers for now

Pola.

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

Hi Pola,

dont know about induction kit, but i was thinking of a K&N filter (around£40) and extra ducting into the airbox (from grille)

there are planty of induction kits on e-bay(US) for around £50 shipped but the thing that i always hear about induction kits is the negative comments about hot air getting sucked in from the engine bay effecting performance.

may be some of the guys with induction kits can answer that one!

let us know if the S/S exhaust makes an improvement? will get the V6 dyno'd before & after?
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Last Online
    22-12-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ex Legnum now Honda

In/Out

Hi Ritch
    Last first, Yeah I am gonna try and get it DynoDumped before starting mods, have just been out lurking under bonnet checking out space and stuff for induction kit, I had planned on just fitting a K&N panel filter, but then I still have all that plastic crap box and stuff in the way,an there aint much in the way of space behind the estates grill, or even if I was to pipe it down under the battery carrier virtually nada under there either, also it has to face forward and not down. I hear what you say about hot air induction and am not too convinced that these heat shields work, would gladly hear any arguments to the contrary.

Pola.

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    04-04-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

hi pola
    get your up-grade's from the state's im getting my duel's fitted on thursday and ive got an induction kit,both bought from america. dirt cheap price's you would not beleive what i paid for the item's ive got so far...the guy's that are making and fitting my new rear said you'd pay at least £140.00 for one and i got the two for under £70. with shipping!!! and my filter was £28. with the adaptor kit and shipping!!!

what kind of system are you getting made? (duel's or single outlet)

i also had a K&N panel filter with a ram air pipe added to the big ugly black box but find the induction filter much better..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Big Ian; 17-03-2004 at 02:02 AM.
    E39 BMW SPORT

Last Online
    22-12-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ex Legnum now Honda

Induction/Exhaust Mk2

Hi Scottish Ian
    Ok here goes, I had ordered a K&N 33-2794 panal filter from the boys at Woodford Garage Motorsport here in 'Debn' but after looking at the stock setup have decided to put that filter on hold for a mo, yes it would give me better flow through the element, but there is still too much damn plastic surrounding it, hence the reason for looking at induction kits, but that in itself would be a bit of a nightmare when it comes to the scoop mounting end, there is vertually no access to upper or lower grill apatures on my 5dr. Also the thorny problem of hot air induction from the engine bay rear's it's ugly head, not convinced that a 1/4 or 3/4 dia heatshield stops hot air induction, so have been looking at some of the fully enclosed type cans eg Blitz, anyway nuff said about induction.

The exhaust will be 2.5" od from the collector to where the cat would have ended, flanged at both ends (just in case :Scream1: ), then 2.5" od up to a 4" od x 24" pre silencer into a 5.5" x 10.5" back box ending in either a 6" horizontal oval T/P or twin 3" rolled square T/P's all this is in 304/306 S/S, cost all in £450. If anyone thinks this would not work then please stop me from making an orifice of myself :bow: Ta. Ta for now sorry if I rambled.

Pola.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    20-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom

Exhaust sounds funky!!

as for your inlet..........look at the BDA bean tin induction! It works!

Last Online
    16-04-2004
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mitsubishi Galant

Induction kit

HI

Try procarparts online store. They have a few nice induction kits by Injen!!!!! Awesome