Last Online
    18-06-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR4 MT

Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torque-Solut...ZTbpEB&vxp=mtr
    IF anyone has bought the kit from the Eclipse but don't like the saggy front mount (with the perforated holes) I bought a solid mount from Torque solution. Thought i'll leave this here. This thread helped me some years ago. So here you go http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torque-Solut...ZTbpEB&vxp=mtr
    heres the Part Number TS-3G-001
    Last edited by FLPGACITUA; 31-05-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: adding info

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

If you can wait two weeks for the delivery from the USA then you can buy the correct kit for the vr4 from energysuspensionparts.com

The v6 eclipse front polly insert is not the correct size to fit the vr4 front metal cage that goes round it to mount it to the end engine cross member. If you buy the eclipse v6 polly mount you will have to buy the eclipse v6 front metal cage to go with it . I know some members have done this in the past and the metal cage will bolt onto the vr4 cross member. But it is cheaper and esker to buy the correct size front polly mount in the first place.
    In the kit I set up with energysuspensionparts.com some years back.
    All the detail is in this thread.
    There is a link to the kit but as stated in the post the picture is wrong but the kit fits just fine.

Sent from my space-aged gizmo

Bye for Now!

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I have never found any kind of sagging in the rear mount and I have had the polly kit installed for 6 years or more.
    I think it is issue is reslated to the way the mount are bolted up. I think the front and rear mounts should be left loose until everything else is bolted in then do these up at the end.
    So you know the mount is in its natural position before being clamped up tight. Other wise you are preloading mount with pressure before you even start to are grove from the engine rocking about.
    This has also been documented in the thread above.

Name
    Felipe
    Last Online
    18-06-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR4 MT

I bought the kit when this thread was first posted some years ago. I have the bigger front mount cage.
    I just left this here for the guys that have the mod.

Name
    Felipe
    Last Online
    18-06-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR4 MT

Yep, i get the way it should be mounted. And it was done the way you describe. But the front engine mount does seem to go abit out of shape. If it's my experience alone then all good.
    I rather have a solid mount

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I see,
    the correct front mount is solid though. So this would not deform at all.

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    If you can wait two weeks for the delivery from the USA then you can buy the correct kit for the vr4 from energysuspensionparts.com

The v6 eclipse front polly insert is not the correct size to fit the vr4 front metal cage that goes round it to mount it to the end engine cross member. If you buy the eclipse v6 polly mount you will have to buy the eclipse v6 front metal cage to go with it . I know some members have done this in the past and the metal cage will bolt onto the vr4 cross member. But it is cheaper and esker to buy the correct size front polly mount in the first place.
    In the kit I set up with energysuspensionparts.com some years back.
    All the detail is in this thread.
    There is a link to the kit but as stated in the post the picture is wrong but the kit fits just fine.

Hi Dave can you point me correct kit for the vr4 from energysuspensionparts.com?

Is it made for eclipse or really for 6a13tt?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

look at post 303 and 318 for the correct parts and the link to the package deal.

these are for a VR4 with original front roll stopper cage.

don't worry about the picture on the package deal it is wrong. the important but is you get,
    13-503
    13-505
    13-508
    13-509

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

look at post 303 and 318 for the correct parts and the link to the package deal.

these are for a VR4 with original front roll stopper cage.

don't worry about the picture on the package deal it is wrong. the important but is you get,
    13-503
    13-505
    13-508
    13-509

yep i ve learnt, thanks and i put the resume in excell table
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

the deal i put together was with energysuspensionparts.com an energy suspension dealler in USA.
    not energy suspension themselves, as they don't sell to the public they only sell to dealers.

i have checked the eclipse V6 motor mount kit at energysuspensionparts.com and they dont seem to have it listed any more, but the only difference is the front roll stopper as the eclipse v6 has a larger mount than the VR4.
    you information is coming prothane.com web site which is a completly different dealer.

as far as i am aware there is not kit from energy suspension themselves for the mitsubishi VR4, there are kits for the galant but that is the USA galant FWD only not the same car.

if you search on energysuspensionparts.com for prothane-packagedeal001
    you will come up with the kit i put together with them $99.63 current price for all 4 engine mount that fit all the original mounts on a VR4
    Last edited by Davezj; 25-08-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Name
    Ersan
    Last Online
    21-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EC5A

the deal i put together was with energysuspensionparts.com an energy suspension dealler in USA.
    not energy suspension themselves, as they don't sell to the public they only sell to dealers.

i have checked the eclipse V6 motor mount kit at energysuspensionparts.com and they dont seem to have it listed any more, but the only difference is the front roll stopper as the eclipse v6 has a larger mount than the VR4.
    you information is coming prothane.com web site which is a completly different dealer.

as far as i am aware there is not kit from energy suspension themselves for the mitsubishi VR4, there are kits for the galant but that is the USA galant FWD only not the same car.

if you search on energysuspensionparts.com for prothane-packagedeal001
    you will come up with the kit i put together with them $99.63 current price for all 4 engine mount that fit all the original mounts on a VR4
    yes sir, thats why i put the engine mount part number on the table for reference, one can seek the engine mount everywhere as cheap as possible based on that reference.

Name
    Philipp
    Last Online
    30-08-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    '02 Galant VR4

Is this still the set for the 6a13tt?
    http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...packagedeal001

Wanna order 2 sets

Greats from Germany

Name
    raj
    Last Online
    07-02-2024
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Car
    vr4 galant

Yes it is .....

Name
    Jack
    Last Online
    07-11-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum

I'm missing the spacer discs that are supposed to be on both sides of the left and right engine mount: MB309927. Is this bad?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

if you have the poly bushes yoy dont need the big rubber washers at each side.

if you have the the standard factory rubber mounts the rubber mught bulge out of the mount when under loard and rub of the bracket holding the mount in place.
    best thing to if you have failing rubber mount is to replace them with poly mounts.
    use the link above in the thread for the package 001 or something like that

i set up a kit many years ago with an energy suspension distributor to supple the 4 mount we need for the vr4.

Name
    Jack
    Last Online
    07-11-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum

if you have the poly bushes yoy dont need the big rubber washers at each side.

if you have the the standard factory rubber mounts the rubber mught bulge out of the mount when under loard and rub of the bracket holding the mount in place.
    best thing to if you have failing rubber mount is to replace them with poly mounts.
    use the link above in the thread for the package 001 or something like that

i set up a kit many years ago with an energy suspension distributor to supple the 4 mount we need for the vr4.
    I did replace the driver side one, and i have a rubber insert for the (auto) transmission one that is bust too.. (I can get the parts numbers for those is someone is interested)
    I haven't checked the rear and front ones, but i suspect they might need replacing too, and the energy suspension poly kit is very reasonably priced, so might as well go with that (Although I would rather prefer to minimize vibrations..)

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

to be honest i did not notice any additional vibration when driving at all.
    the only time i ever noticed slightly more vibration than stock was on low rpm idle. but i mean slight vibration.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819