Thread: FS: Manual Legnum VR4 (PX, swap for tip)

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

FS: Manual Legnum VR4 (PX, swap for tip)

I just cant live with a manual car on a day to day basis. So decided I will let it go and replace it with another tiptronic. I cant do my 50 local miles per weekday in a manual hovering at the biting point while stop/starting in traffic. I need to get behind an auto again.

So the specs are:
    Recently converted from auto to manual (thanks to Nick and Richy). Drives beautifully, smooth and powerful as VR4s are. Rolling road showed 236bhp at the fly. Completely stock car. Clutch will be bled soon, just gotta get round to Nicks this week to do that. Fully Amsoiled up and serviced a few weeks ago.
    96 P, Hamilton Silver, 71k on the clock but first 33k in kms then the rest in miles.
    Usual Type S specification.
    Only modification is the custom 2.5" twin exhaust, with SIX silencers. Real stealth car, hehehe.
    Carbotech XP8 pads up front and braided lines all round with Super Blue.

Bonnet has leading edge rust - new bonnet can be sourced and supplied if requested (cost negotiated)
    Rear bumper is slightly out of shape and catches the boot lid slightly on the left side. Spare bumper will be included, just needs fitting.
    Front bumper has two holes cut from lower grille where the cold air feed was. Holes will be covered up with silver intake openings.
    Driver side button panel is cracked (on door card) but a spare will be included and just requires fitting.

The carbon dash set, stereo and my newest EVO8 alloys are not included. EVO7 alloys will be included (the multispoke ones).

Pics will be uploaded shortly but for the most part, pics can be found in my gallery and in a few of my other threads (which I will link to shortly)

Anyway, I'm looking for reasonable offers for a manual VR4 in decent condition. We know what they are are worth, and having just spent £1200+ last week on converting the gearbox, I'm not too chuffed to sell but I just need an auto for my day-to-day driving.
    Will consider part-ex or swaps for an auto Legnum.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

he he !

Looks like Atik mybe the 1st Manual to Auto conversion

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

If only my plans of getting practical runner and my Mazda was sold, otherwise since I am in Brum I would have snatched this from you! Cause if Nick has fettled with this it must be good from what I hear!

Grr.. why can I sell the GT and get a Space Star.. then when I get a Leggy the drive will be a full Mitsi affair ^_^ The I can stick a sign up on the drive saying Mitsubishi parking only

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Swap you my autobox for your manual???

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Not looking to split parts as its just gonna cost me more. I just want a tiptronic in similar condition as mine.

I could have gone for an auto box change when I got the work done, but I felt the better option was to go manual. If I didnt like it, the car would hopefully be more saleable (sp?) and desireable as a manual for someone else.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Atik......what about if Kyle was prepared to pay for (most of) the labour?

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    03-07-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4 Galant

how much is reasonable? a mate at work expressed a great deal of interest in a manual vr4 today...

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by pitslayer
    Swap you my autobox for your manual???
    or whole car!
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Doh, is that what Kyle meant? I read that as just for the gearbox...

In any case, pitslayer's car seems to cause him lots of grief so I probably wouldnt go for a swap (no offence meant Kyle).

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

its alright, I dont wan roof rails and im starting to get somewhere with the car now lol, cant do it anyways, my autobox doesnt seem to be happy with me anymore, but thats ok I wasnt happy with it anyways even if you did go for a swap on the boxes, I wouldnt be happy putting my box into another car, its been doing bad things past 2 days

Last Online
    02-05-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

If your still looking to swap your car i can email you some pics and info on a white legnum vr4 1998 auto, 93 kms.....

email - christopher.elson@btinternet.com

cheers

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Email sent...