Thread: Black VR4 Birmingham 27/02/09 at about 5:15P.M Bristol Road

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Black VR4 Birmingham 27/02/09 at about 5:15P.M Bristol Road

Hey!! Just wanting to chance if this was you?! I was the chinese guy in the Yellow Mazda 6 trying to say Hi Beautiful sound the car made!! Makes me want one even more >_<

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Does yours have some manufacturers stickers on the back?

If so that would have been me you saw
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Hahah.. reg stickers at the back.. and yellow with black alloys.. that would be me Was trying to wave but kind of went past kind of quick lol.. But got really excited cause thats the first VR4 I've spotted as far as my memory goes lol.. and I had a gut feeling it was a VR4 forum person too lol..

Whats even weirder was I was saying you were from Brum to my GF last night when I was online and speak of the devil I bump into you today hahah.. I'll keep my eye out for you in future Is that the route you normally take to go home?!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep and roughly at that time too, will keep an eye out for you and reserve a friendly toot

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Most noticeable was when there was a blue little Pug 106 I think stuck in front of you at the MacDonald's junction lol.. was thinking of trying to catch you up but good old white van man wasn't thinking of budging out of my way even though the slow lane was completerly empty

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Haha yeah I was like "do I shine the pug on".. kept giving him a few BOV tshh's to remind him how crap his car was, his girlfriend was none too impressed

Was expecting him to stay up my arse down bristol road when the traffic got bad but guessing he was under the thumb

When are you looking at getting a VR4 mate?

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Hee hee defo you then

Was trying to catch up to have closer look but then saw you turn off towards Pershore Road so looked over

Need to first get rid of the Starlet and then get a YRV, cause the GF prefers the look of that to the Space Star.. and its abit more economical and probably easier for her to learn how to drive in it.. then once thats done put the Mazda up for sale to get funds and it will be to hunt down a face list manual Legnum.. want estate cause I love the space I will get lol.. but I know it will take me ages to find one so I'm in no rush.. just want an example I can keep for years and years ^_^

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

I tend to cut through selly park and then come back onto bristol road after going through bourneville, it gets past all the congestion up by the selly oak junction (the sainsburies / halfords / pcworld one).

Leggy will certainly give you space and speed wish you luck selling the star, trying to sell my toledo at the moment as its no longer needed, maybe list the star on an owners club?

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

lol.. so you live round that way?! I'm Harborne way so have to cut through Selly.. but I work out in Solihull lol.. its a mission every day this week.. wasn't so bad at my last place cause it was about 25mins to get to work.. but now its just stuck in traffic.. and I only started this part time job on Monday after being redundant since beginning of Dec

I'm full paid up member on both the Starlet clubs lol.. I'm always like that.. when I had Honda's I was full paid up on any of the pay ones.. even my first car a smelly diesel Primera I was paid up member on there.. as soon as I get the funds and can actively look for a Leggy I'm becoming a full paid up member here too

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Sorry to jump in here, but I feel left out now

Been a Leggy owner for 8 months and never been spotted. Foxdie has had one for a few weeks and gets spotted... lol... not that I'm being bitter or anything
    Well, to be honest, I live in Brum but I'm not around Bristol Rd way that often. I live and work the other side of the Queensway underpass.

PS - was it a black or trigger mauve VR4? A2K's title says black, but Fox's user profile lists trigger mauve.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Well it was dark coloured =P I was too excited to really notice what shade of dark lol.. so I assumed black?! I defo need to get to grips with the diff colour names and how to spot..

I do go past the tunnels and along the Aston Expressway onto the M6 towards the airport for work so might catch you on my travels Atikali

I've probably spotted Galants/Leggies in the past but never computer in my brain lol.. now I'm actively on the lookout!! They are rarer than my yellow Mazda 6!! Only ever spotted another yellow one when on travels down to stone henge for a weekend get away with the little Miss lol.. Must meet up with you guys properly and chat VR4 ^_^

Still need to meet Mr Nick Mann too and gain some extra knowledge!! No doubt once I get a Leggie I'll be showing up to loads of meets and events..

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

I live at the top of Northfield (just over the hill from Frankley Services on the M5). Sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope you can bounce back on that one.

Atikali, sorry I haven't spotted you yet, hopefully one day

A2klau, I'll be at Nicks in the next week or so for a full amsoil treatment, with his permission (as its his house naturally) I don't see it being a problem you coming to chat

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

OOOooo.. thats quite close to me If Nick doesn't mind me crashing the Leggie party I'm up for it!!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Well technically it won't be a leggy party, despite there being 2 Leggy's full time on his drive, I've got the galoon

Trust me to be different haha

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

lol, maybe different look on the outside but same heart and that's what matters!

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Actually, let me know when you are meeting at Nick's cos I might pop down, as I need to bleed my clutch. Could do a convoy down the M5 too!

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

lol.. only if Nick doesn't mind! And yes I will be up to convoy on the M5 down I'll be joining from the Oldbury (Toys-R-Us roundabout) entrance to the M5 or somewhere else along there.. like near Northfield one

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Hehe, I'n nearly a regular feature at Nick's so I would hope its ok

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Yay!! I get my first close up view of a Legnum ^_^ But from what I've watched on youtube and read it should be exactly my cup of tea and I'll be a long member for sure

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

You'll get more than a close-up view mate, more than happy to take you for a spin in mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast