Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black VR4 Birmingham 27/02/09 at about 5:15P.M Bristol Road

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

I thank you in advance Foxdie But I fear after the drive I will march straight to the bank and raid everything to get one there and then lol..

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

All are welcome here!

However I am a tad busy for a couple of weeks, so I'm going to suggest the weekend after this one coming, if that suits. (Or later!) For any reasonable amount of work to be done.

Atik, I should have an hour or two free late friday afternoon or late saturday afternoon for that clutch bleed if you want it sooner. And the same times should be okay for a cuppa and a chat for anyone else who wants a nosey!

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    Atik, I should have an hour or two free late friday afternoon or late saturday afternoon for that clutch bleed if you want it sooner. And the same times should be okay for a cuppa and a chat for anyone else who wants a nosey!
    I was just about to PM you with a request for some time this weekend. Saturday afternoon it is then. Around 4pm sound ok to you? I could do with the clutch bleed as I'm struggling to get quick gear changes as the clutch struggles to return.

Back on topic, A2K, your fears are completely justified! When I went to see my car when Richy had it up for sale, I fell in love with it as soon as Richy put his foot down in the demonstration drive. When I drove it back from the demo/test drive I decided to buy there and then! Agreed to put a deposit and sort the rest out once I got paid! Only thing is, if you get a spin out in a stock VR4, although you'll love it to bits, just you wait till you get a spin in a modded VR4 like Nick's! Its a whole different car then!
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

I should be around next weekend too

But if you don't mind Friday I should have half day at work so could pop round I'm sure, but not sure what the evening has in store for me.. might be going with friends or whatever to watch the Watchmen or whatever that new film is.

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

Saturday afternoon also cool!! But yeah I know what you mean.. modded is defo always different kettle of fish!! I mean I've experienced 280BHP before in the shape of a 350Z, but power delivery and stability is something that I want to compare as I am cornering freak.. straight line speed/dragging isn't too much my thing.. so if a Leggie corners like its on rails it will keep me mega happy!! And with the pace of 2 turbos it will keep me grinning ear to ear ^_^

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

The Leggies corner REALLY well. Get the AYC bars glowing and you know you are making the corner as it should be made! LOL
    I've been in Nick's car on a particular turn near where he lives and the kind of grip he got was PHENOMENAL! I've not got the balls to try it like that yet, but I'm planning on upgrading various components on my car so it should improve all round soon.

Last Online
    28-09-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Not a Legnum, YET!

I best take notes then when Nick talks about handling upgrades!

Can't wait to be shown what a Leggie can do ^_^

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

So, I'm just about to head out to Nick's now if anyone was still planning on coming for a micro-meet! Should be there for around 4pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12