Thread: RSBodykits warning!

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Thumbs down RSBodykits warning!

Whilst normally I would refrain from posting Galant/Legnum related things in here, but its just not for our cars. Firstly this is not personal experience of mine, I am simply passing a message on, and my own findings of the company through there website

Firstly the thread that has come to light about these bodykits
    http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...d.php?t=113037

My findings of RSBodykits, I checked there website, noticed they do Galant body kits....For the uk 1993-1998 model Not heard of that model here, so more looking, now correct me if I am wrong here but is this not an Eclipse? Apparently
    MITSUBISHI GALANT Front Bumper Version RS1

MITSUBISHI GALANT Front Bumper Version RS1. Designed exclusively for Mitsubishi Galant 1993-1998 model. Made to the Highest UK standards of GRP Glass fibre Reinforced Plastic known for its flexibility, strength and light weight. Easy to fit.

AND

ITSUBISHI GALANT Front Bumper Version RS1

MITSUBISHI GALANT Front Bumper Version RS1. Designed exclusively for Mitsubishi Galant 1993-1998 model. Made to the Highest UK standards of GRP Glass fibre Reinforced Plastic known for its flexibility, strength and light weight. Easy to fit.

Then on further looking, I noticed the best sellers list, and thought, no one in there right mind in the uk would think this kit would fit with a picture of a different car yet there bestsellers are
    Bestsellers
    1. MITSUBISHI GALANT Front Bumper Version RS1
    2. MITSUBISHI GALANT Rear Bumper Version RS1

So checked the Audi TT bodykit and lo and behold the best sellers has changed
    Bestsellers
    1. AUDI TT Rear Bumper Version RS1

Not good, to consider this is a company trading in the uk imho alot of false advertising there with the bestsellers list

Also found out from someone else that
    the kit for the range rover.

£379 for full kit
    £363 for front bumper
    £356 for rear

and the pic shown is an over finch.
    which is an 8 piece kit

If the mods wish to move this to the members area they can do so, I cant post in there because I havnt renewed yet, and also I am sure I speak for the club when I say we dont want any involvment with this, apart from letting our members know

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Hmmm. I think you've drawn some inaccurate conclusions there kyle.

I wouldn't say there's 'false advertising' going on with the bestsellers list - It's the way the website is pulling data from the database. When you change make/model it's simply showing you the best seller in that category. It's a mistake, yes. But I don't think it's falsely advertising.

As for the 1993-1998 model - They're going off the USDM production eras (except they've got that wrong too). The 7G ran in the US untill 1998.

As for the situation... Well that kit is a rubbish fit but I'd be interested to know the flip side of the story...

I think perhaps this is a better forum for this:
    http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Name
    Adrian Kelleher
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    99 legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran

As for the situation... Well that kit is a rubbish fit but I'd be interested to know the flip side of the story...
    Would agree with Kieran.

Think thats crap. My friend had his supra fitted with a custom kit and complete respray by "Body image " in Cork. When i brought him down to collect it a week later there was an inch gap between the headlights and bumper on each side and the gaps wernt even either. the spoiler was put on with wood screws and they were respraying some other car with a fag in his mouth, door wide open next to a dirt road. now thats hatchet.
    He who laughs last, Thinks slowest!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I think perhaps this is a better forum for this:
    http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29
    Good shout
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    03-07-2011
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    VR4 Galant

Just to throw in my 2p, i contacted these people a few years back when i was looking for a replacement side skirt for my cossie granada and they never ever got back to me....