Paddy
    Last Online
    29-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    COTY

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj
    cheers aDe thats is useful info. as soon as i get a op2 cable i will be checking out the EVO forums for stuff, and tapping you up for any usefull info you can pass on. but first things first gather some cash together for the cable.
    Is it something we could club together for ?? It's not something that's permanently installed is it ??

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Agreed, I've been following this thread avidly for a while now (hoping that one day my PFL Auto ECU will be flashable for better performance), I don't mind making a donation to the right person(s) to help move things along
    Want your car tuning? Here's my pricing
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

^^what he said^^

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    22-03-2024
    Country
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by AderC
    Had a breakthrough today and found the address for the 2-byte load for the VR-4. Log of ECULoad and 2-byte load from Evoscan below:

Address F0D2 seems to be the one to use.

Edit: I'm confusing myself with all these addresses...you can use either F0D2/F0D3 or F0D8/F0D9 as they appear to give the same value.

aDe
    Cool..... Thanks a lot, it's really helpful

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

Quote Originally Posted by zedy1
    Can someone confirm if ecu with the part number MD340290 is out of a vr4 as i have two ecu with the 7202 chip
    i also have oone with part number md240289 with the 7202
    Quote Originally Posted by peter thomson
    It dosen't appear to be listed as one of the VR4 ecu's. It's for a N/A Galant 2.5
    so does that mean the 2.5's are flashable? if so i have a spare ecu BEN!!!!!! warm the rolling road up

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    22-03-2024
    Country
    Hong Kong

Had a breakthrough today and found the address for the 2-byte load for the VR-4. Log of ECULoad and 2-byte load from Evoscan below:

Address F0D2 seems to be the one to use.

Edit: I'm confusing myself with all these addresses...you can use either F0D2/F0D3 or F0D8/F0D9 as they appear to give the same value.

aDe
    aDe,

Just curious, from the log, the 2byte load can be more than 200, but the HiOctaneFuel map has only upto 200 in scale. What will happen if the load is more than 200?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyB
    Is it something we could club together for ?? It's not something that's permanently installed is it ??
    It is a good idea paddy.

maybe the club could buy a few of these open port 2.0 cables and loan them out to people who are willing to put some time and effort into investigating the possibilities of the stock ECU's but the finding would have to be for the members area, due to the unique way they are financed (BBC speak).

it would not be right if these cables were used by members to gain information then start up a business and sell that info. just making a point here. if that was the intention of the investigator then they should buy there own cable.

once some upgrades are available for the ECU then these cables could be loaned out to allow all member to reflash there ECU without having to buy the cable themselves.
    i am sure a how to guide could be sent out with the cable also.

there are obviously people on here that make there living from doing remaps and tuning, and i am not suggesting that this is a way to bypass there expertise. As i believe that each car need to be setup on an individual basis and depending on mods.

when i say upgrades i am more talking about shifting fuel cut points and a general capability of leaning off the mixture a fuel points to cut some of the unnecessary over fueling. that the manufactureres have factored in as a belt and bares prtection thing.

i am going a little off topic there but i am not called "Tangental Dave" for nothing.

anyway the club buying a couple of cables. what a good idea.!!!!

Bye for Now!

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    22-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

Quote Originally Posted by kc427
    aDe,

Just curious, from the log, the 2byte load can be more than 200, but the HiOctaneFuel map has only upto 200 in scale. What will happen if the load is more than 200?
    I was wondering whether the formula is evoscan isn't quite right for our cars. I would have thought that the values should actually be the same below loads of 160.

aDe

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    22-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

I've just looked at this and at loads below 160 the average conversion factor between the ECULoad and 2 byte load as logged is 1.397. Scaling the 2 byte load accordingly gives the following graphs and all values are below 200.

(The "load calculated" is the re-scaled 2 byte load, not to be confused with the evoscan default "load calculated")

If I'm right on this, the 2-byte load formula in Evoscan should be modified from:

0.3125 * x

to

0.2326 * x

in order to log the values correctly on our cars.
    Last edited by AderC; 19-07-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    22-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

I've just noticed ECUFlash will accept changes to the load scale. Does this mean we could in theory tune to higher loads than 200? See example below where I've upped the max load from 200 to 220:

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes that is correct Ade , you basically remove one of the lower lines and adjust the upper ones to give you a broader rangte

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mini Cooper S

Just read a fantastic ecuflash tuning guide by Merlin in the OZVR4 guides section.

Absolutely essential reading if you planned to remap your car.

Link to guide.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

thanks for the link, i have downloaded it and printed it out so will have a perminent record.

it is increadibly detailed and and seem to explain everything from the basics, which is good.

can some of the more active ecu players have a look at the guide and see if it rings true with the stuff you are doing. i am not doubting the greatness of this 82 page god send but i always like a second opinion from other people.

however it looks good, i am up to page 33 and it seems reasonable so far, but that is just reading it, nothing too tricky and seems logical.

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    22-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

I've gone through it myself and he seems to have done a good job on it. All makes sense to me anyway!

The ECUFlash XML definition doesn't yet have all the tables that are referred to in the guide, but they'll be added once it's 100% certain they're correct.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thumbs up

I've gone through it myself and he seems to have done a good job on it. All makes sense to me anyway!
    i hoped you would give it the once over and thumbs up would follow.

i will have to read it a few times and start playing with ecuFlash on some dummy Roms and definition files to get used to the format of the software and actually reading the graphs and tables correctly.

Cheers fro the comments aDe.

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    22-09-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

You definitely get a better feel for everything when you start playing about with ECUFlash.

I'm looking forward to annoying Vicky with the pop-bang-flame mod as per section 9

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    22-03-2024
    Country
    Hong Kong

You definitely get a better feel for everything when you start playing about with ECUFlash.

I'm looking forward to annoying Vicky with the pop-bang-flame mod as per section 9
    Funny, does it work?

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

I've got the pop-bang-flame already, although not intentionally nor wanted...(sorry for off-topic)

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mini Cooper S

One thing I'm not understanding even after reading the guide is how to tweak boost levels in ecuflash - seemed straightforward in ecuedit but theres no obvious table to play with in ecuflash.

Can anyone give me a steer?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSanne
    I've got the pop-bang-flame already, although not intentionally nor wanted...(sorry for off-topic)

I want mine to pop but it doesn't. Hoping a new exhaust will do this.

Due to the completely rubbish weather I still haven't fitted my LC-1 so I can start logging!
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast