Name
    ralf
    Last Online
    10-11-2013
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    evo

So ,only the 1998 vr4s are ecuflash flashable then? 7202 roms, and the later 200ß models use the 7203 and are not flashable yet?

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

What you really need to do, is read this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...highlight=7201
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    22-06-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    2 x Legnum VR4, S14

Are there any changes in definition files (vr4base.xml) and is it possible to update files in this thread?
    I found a post in geekmapped where "*Boost Cut Load Limit" was moved from "12228" to address "11d1b"?
    2 x VR4, S14

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Dont quote me on this, but that sounds familiar. When Ben was remapping my car, he found that the boost cut limit address was incorrect. He moved it to another location and it has since worked fine.

I *think* this might be the same problem, but as I say, I dont know enough about this to advise you any further.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

yeah it is Atik

Last Online
    22-06-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    2 x Legnum VR4, S14

Correct address for boost cut delay is 10378. I have tested. I'm not sure if boost cut address is 1153c, but delay address is enough for me.
    Last edited by Legnum; 07-03-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Name
    Tom
    Last Online
    14-08-2011
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys, I need your help!

I've got a 7202 in my automatic Leggy 2000 model and I'm looking for an xml file for it... please forgive me if it's a stupid question ;-)

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Hmmm, starting to wonder if it'd be wise to start a thread with latest definitions/stock ROM's and info. I've noticed in my searching that there is at least 5 different boost addresses given, all claimed to be working. Such as:
    1153c
    11d1b
    114b6 (Manual only)
    114a6 (Auto only)

Of which so far none seem to have worked for my pfl 1997 7202F. I personally would like to get my hands on a couple of stock roms (both 7202 and 7203's) to see if I can nut out some differences, or alternately if you can flash ROM's into either processor.

Also its very hard to determine which .xml definition file is newer, and painful having to read through 13 (on OZVR4 its up to 30) pages to find whomever has posted latest.

That would require someone with a bit of knowledge to upkeep it though. Don't know if anyone is willing?

EDIT: A sticky thread to be exact

Name
    Tom
    Last Online
    14-08-2011
    Country
    Australia

Definitely agree, those threads need a good clean or good stuff separated!

Anyway, I'm still in the need of the xml file for my Legnum =)

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

which xml files have you tried tom

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Tom, I think you need the VR4Base.xml and the 2381003 files in the second post in this thread. To the best of my knowledge the legnum and galants are the same ECU.

Then put both in the folder (off the top of my head so may be wrong)
    C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\ECUFlash\ModelFiles\Mitsubishi\VR4\

Need to make the "VR4" sub-folder yourself. And remember to unzip the base xml (think its zipped).

Edit: You will need to exit an re-load the application for it to recognise the files you just put in folder.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

why not just put them in the galant folder ?

all the xmls are out there but none of them are fully complete so it is a lot of trail and error , the 7202 are the most complete publicly

Name
    Tom
    Last Online
    14-08-2011
    Country
    Australia

I haven't tried any yet, I thought its probably better to make sure first... =)

Can anyone else confirm:

VR4Base.xml and the 2381003 files for 2000Legnum auto with 7202ECU ?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

whats the part number of the ecu , this is what determines the internal code

Name
    Tom
    Last Online
    14-08-2011
    Country
    Australia

It's MD362895 on the plastic case.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

do you have a 2.0 tactrix cable and ecuflash ?

if so you can download the rom image without having the xml defined , once you have downloaded it , upload it here or send me an email john@<this clubs name>.co.uk and i will get you the correct xml

Name
    Tom
    Last Online
    14-08-2011
    Country
    Australia

No I haven't, but the tuner I'll use has one. Only problem with him is he is a Nissan & Subaru pro and wasn't really keen to go through the lot and therefore asked me if I can get the xml file for it...

He got my ROM on his laptop, I'll ask him if he can send it to me and will get in touch with you, THANKS!

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by Patryn999
    Hmmm, starting to wonder if it'd be wise to start a thread with latest definitions/stock ROM's and info. I've noticed in my searching that there is at least 5 different boost addresses given, all claimed to be working. Such as:
    1153c
    11d1b
    114b6 (Manual only)
    114a6 (Auto only)
    Have you tried the last two adddresses yourself? Using the following code in my xmls and changing both tables to 210 allowed me to raise my boost/load cut to 17/18 psi. I confirmed they were the correct tables because setting them to 110 gave me load cut at about 4 psi, and 150 was about 11 psi (as far as I can remember - might be a bit out on those figures). I can't comment on which is for manual/auto as I changed both tables identically.

<table name="#114a6 - Boost/Load limit" category="Turbo" address="114a6" type="2D" scaling="LoadBoost">
    <table name="RPM" address="2CD06" type="Y Axis" elements="12" scaling="RPM"/>
    </table>

<table name="#114b6 - Boost/Load limit" category="Turbo" address="114b6" type="2D" scaling="LoadBoost">
    <table name="RPM" address="2CD06" type="Y Axis" elements="12" scaling="RPM"/>

</table>

Name
    Taylor
    Last Online
    08-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Evo 7

Carl. I believe we will have the same ecu (98 pfl galant)

Be really good to have someone down here that knows how to do some basic tuning.

I wonder if its worth speaking to kenneth. he may even have a map we could use (ie raised boost cut)

Probably not going to do too much untill I get a wideband..
    Quote Originally Posted by Patryn999
    1153c
    11d1b
    114b6 (Manual only)
    114a6 (Auto only)

Of which so far none seem to have worked for my pfl 1997 7202F. I personally would like to get my hands on a couple of stock roms (both 7202 and 7203's) to see if I can nut out some differences, or alternately if you can flash ROM's into either processor.

Also its very hard to determine which .xml definition file is newer, and painful having to read through 13 (on OZVR4 its up to 30) pages to find whomever has posted latest.

That would require someone with a bit of knowledge to upkeep it though. Don't know if anyone is willing?

EDIT: A sticky thread to be exact
    Less a Driver of a VR4, more an owner of a pile of parts...

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Yeah I've been holding off dicking around too much myself until it arrives.

Phosty - I did a quick drive lowering both of those to 120ish and still boosted up to 12psi, so don't think it worked. However I had it set to map RPM from different address, so maybe that is what screwed mine up. Table data now looks a little more valid. Afraid I can't confirm for another week until we have our CHCH meet and I get a new diff My previous logging for about 10 mins of thrashing it kept octane rating at 100 with no counts of knock, so be interested to see what it does when I have wideband & time. And fuel. Lots of fuel.

Fingers crossed wideband'll've arrived by then, but I doubt it! sigh. I had to go and get a toy instead, trying out the SLC-DIY wideband kit. Mainly because I had aspirations of putting EGT probes in at some stage as well.

Looking at hacking together a small module at the moment to convert SLC's serial input into a virtual comport and fake the LM-1 protocol so Evoscan will not know the difference.

Sorry, got side-tracked there. Well, when car's back on the road I'll drop an update, hopefully sort out something for me and Taylor to play with

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast