Taylor
    Last Online
    08-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Evo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Patryn999
    Looking at hacking together a small module at the moment to convert SLC's serial input into a virtual comport and fake the LM-1 protocol so Evoscan will not know the difference.

Sorry, got side-tracked there. Well, when car's back on the road I'll drop an update, hopefully sort out something for me and Taylor to play with
    Mince

How come you didnt just go with the tried and tru LC - 1
    Less a Driver of a VR4, more an owner of a pile of parts...

Name
    john
    Last Online
    08-12-2016
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    evo2

Hmmm, starting to wonder if it'd be wise to start a thread with latest definitions/stock ROM's and info. I've noticed in my searching that there is at least 5 different boost addresses given, all claimed to be working. Such as:
    1153c
    11d1b
    114b6 (Manual only)
    114a6 (Auto only)

Of which so far none seem to have worked for my pfl 1997 7202F. I personally would like to get my hands on a couple of stock roms (both 7202 and 7203's) to see if I can nut out some differences, or alternately if you can flash ROM's into either processor.

Also its very hard to determine which .xml definition file is newer, and painful having to read through 13 (on OZVR4 its up to 30) pages to find whomever has posted latest.

That would require someone with a bit of knowledge to upkeep it though. Don't know if anyone is willing?

EDIT: A sticky thread to be exact
    Roms can be flashed into either processor as long as you mod the XML prior to writing and use he correct dropdown in ecuflash if using the 7203

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

Patryn999, assuming those axis I gave are correct (I got the xml code from http://www.geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1532 so can't claim them myself) then you should see a curve that looks like this:

or graphically:

Is that what you see? They worked for me so I don't know why lowering it to 120 wouldn't have made you cut sooner. Have you tried again?

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

That low point at 3000 is particularly worrying considering how they love to make boost right at that point!
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    09-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    96 Legnum VR4 T

That could be to smooth out boost spikes.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep also it is also to keep it below fuel cut

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    02-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    96 Legnum VR-4

I kind of read it like it's a bump at 2000 rather than a dip at 3000 precisely to avoid the cut when the boost spikes initially.

I guess that people used to work around it by limiting the boost until above 4500 rpm?

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Yeah, the numbers seem to match. I haven't had a chance to try it, as just got the diff replaced and I'm waiting to stop *(#king raining before I bleed it and start tinkering again. Want to get wideband in as well, the rain monster is currently winning the battle with my motivation. Come on s

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Also its probably a bit much to ask, but does anyone have a rom for fuel pump/ decat/ 3" exhaust/upped boost? I have evoscan and wideband so have fall-backs. Just wondering if I could save myself some time/gas

Name
    lyndon
    Last Online
    27-09-2023
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Car
    1997 galant vr4

Hmmm, starting to wonder if it'd be wise to start a thread with latest definitions/stock ROM's and info. I've noticed in my searching that there is at least 5 different boost addresses given, all claimed to be working. Such as:
    1153c
    11d1b
    114b6 (Manual only)
    114a6 (Auto only)

Of which so far none seem to have worked for my pfl 1997 7202F. I personally would like to get my hands on a couple of stock roms (both 7202 and 7203's) to see if I can nut out some differences, or alternately if you can flash ROM's into either processor.

Also its very hard to determine which .xml definition file is newer, and painful having to read through 13 (on OZVR4 its up to 30) pages to find whomever has posted latest.

That would require someone with a bit of knowledge to upkeep it though. Don't know if anyone is willing?

EDIT: A sticky thread to be exact
    starting a new thread will be great. cuz right now i'm looking for an updated hex and xml for a 7202 ecu

Name
    Antti
    Last Online
    10-06-2020
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum VR-4 -99

Can some one help me with ECU Flash? I can't get it work with my car's *.HEX file. I finaly get it show some maps, but the numbers and tabels are a mess. I think the adress are wrong. I opened the ecu when i got the car and it haves chip 7202F, but i lost the picture of it and i don't remember the case code. ASA says it is MD359138 and it is blastic case. The car is Legnum VR-4 -99 Auto FL.

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Can you post the .hex file? Might have a few people on here who can look at it and see if we can make heads or tails of it.

Name
    Antti
    Last Online
    10-06-2020
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum VR-4 -99

Thanx I try to find the file at work, but if i can't find it in here i post it when i get home

Name
    Antti
    Last Online
    10-06-2020
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum VR-4 -99

Here is the file. I's ziped with winrar
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Seems to be a slightly different memory configuration, Think I've tracked down boost cut, fuel high/low, wastegate stuff, open loop load, timing high/low and cat table.

But I'm doing this at work so should probably start actually doing something before someone gets suspicious. I'll try to confirm stuff when I get home and give you something you can play with.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    09-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    96 Legnum VR4 T

I had a look at it this morning before work. I have a hex dump from another ecu with the same case id, and it has a rom id of EM23xx I think, while the one you've uploaded was EM34xx (I may have them back to front). It might be easier for you to just use an existing known rom on your ecu.

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

His is an EM2381.

Any idea why they changed it so much? I know people say that all roms are compatable, but it just bugs the crap out of my as to why they would change it (ROM hex dump is quite different). The release proceedures on something like ECU code are rediculous (regression testing, reviews, MISRA inpections. etc.), and the processor is the same (I believe) so it just begs as to why they changed it.

I'm not suggesting that they are not compatible (people have tested!) but I have a hankering to know what changed... haha.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    09-07-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    96 Legnum VR4 T

Ah, then the one I have from the same case id is an EM24xx.

It would be interesting to see if two ecus with the same case id, but different rom ids are actually physically identical.

Name
    ken
    Last Online
    04-08-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    legnum vr4

i give in

Name
    Carl
    Last Online
    23-12-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 PFL Galant

Quote Originally Posted by scott.mohekey
    Ah, then the one I have from the same case id is an EM24xx.

It would be interesting to see if two ecus with the same case id, but different rom ids are actually physically identical.
    Indeed, because if it is just the firmware then it begs the question of why it was updated, given all the hassle of meeting MISRA compliance (Called MISRAble at the last place I worked at ) If there wasn't a significant benefit.

A change in hardware could also be that they employed different hardware filtering or some such, which would mean that while the older software would work, it may be some further improvements were made (to firmware) given the newer hardware?

This is al conjecture, and finding out the real reason for changes will probably end up being more effort than its worth Wouldn't be the first time I heard something like "Oh yeah, we had to change that cause we couldn't buy that specific component anymore." and I've had to make a few of those changes myself.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast