Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Autokool Ltd, Chesterfield - air conditioning and cooling

Booked in with these guys to take Mrs B's Leon to have the aircon looked at and/or regassed, on Saturday 6th June.

The service I received was utterly fantastic, and I am very pleased with the whole adventure!

They are a small (i.e. one-site) operation, but seem to be very big on supplies of all sorts of cooling paraphernalia, including (I noticed later) intercoolers! Hmmm...

Anyway, the Leon's aircon just wasn't getting cold, so I suspected a simple regas, but you have to wonder if there is a leak or other problem.

The guy I dealt with was Chris Stott, and I think he's the main man there. He didn't mind that I turned up early and was happy to crack on! Whilst waiting for the refrigerant-collecting machine to do its business, he offered me a cuppa - and not just out of a machine, from the kitchen where he makes his drinks normally! I like service like this!

He was happy to answer my inane questions, and genuinely seems to enjoy his work and providing good customer service.

So I mentioned that I would post his details up here, especially as I like to shout about good service.

They are based in Barlborough, about 1 minute from J30 of the M1:

www.autokool.co.uk

They do discount air con stuff: www.car-air-conditioning-supplies.co.uk

And, other cooling supplies, as mentioned above: www.discount-cooling.co.uk

I noticed that the Galant was listed, including radiators for the 2.5 V6: http://www.discount-cooling.co.uk/Radiators_D55141.html

Which are priced at £101.78 for the auto version - and I believe are the same as those on the VR-4. Confirmed by looking at Camskill, whose radiators are almost £30 more.

A lesson in customer service could be learned from this chap!

PS: The Leon was fine, fully leak tested and recharged for £45 - and as cool as a cucumber on the inside as well as the outside once again!

He also mentioned that he supplied a few car clubs - notably a Caterham owners' club, as it turns out that a VW Polo (or something) rad fits their cars!

I also spotted that the Tredia was listed as a Mitsi model!!
    Last edited by elnevio; 07-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    30-12-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mondeo TDCI

Sounds good, I wasn't able to find the place we were discussing before (perhaps it's closed down?) so I will book my car in with these for next Saturday.
    Mitsubishi? They made the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor! I ain't sellin' Hitler's canoe to no traitor! Hop on your sushi-boat and git!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Cashed
    Sounds good, I wasn't able to find the place we were discussing before (perhaps it's closed down?) so I will book my car in with these for next Saturday.
    They were still there, but he put me on to Autokool instead, as he didn't think he could fit me in for a little while. Plus I think that they are concentrating more on the agricultural side of things.

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Chris could have done it