Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Who's Online [minor] bug

Just a small thing really, but might be indicative of a greater problem, I know not:

When looking at Who's Online (WO), it often (about 50% of the time) shows me as 'Viewing Arcade Home', when I'm not, and haven't been. Even reloading the page sometimes still shows me as looking at Arcade Home.

I have seen it show others as 'Viewing Arcade Home' too, but obviously I don't know if that is what they're actually doing!

Anyway, with the benefit of seeing IP addresses, I note that when I'm at home and look at Who's Online, it shows my correct home IP address, if the WO shows me as 'Searching Forums', 'Viewing Thread' or 'Viewing Who's Online'. But when showing me as 'Viewing Arcade Home', it shows my work IP address. Vice versa does not apply.

I also note that WO no longer seems to show members playing any of the arcade games, e.g. 'elnevio - Playing Minigame, Mini Pool 2'.

Like I say, it's a bit minor, but might be a clue to another problem.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I have just spotted that it will show me as Viewing Arcade Home in some instances when I've not even looked at Who's Online (confirmed by looking at my profile).

But it also occurs to me that this might as well wait until the vBulletin upgrade is completed, which may resolve this!

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

TBH I've found the "who's online" feature to be woefully inaccurate at the best of times.