Thread: ST R running very rich

Last Online
    11-09-2009
    Country
    Other

ST R running very rich

the vehicle i am considering buying is running very rich, when standing at the back while on low revs you can smel the fuel.Also the gearbox when selecting it to drive it doesn't seem to change over you have to go into t/tronic and change gears from there. When in t/tronic you have to release the accelarator pedal before it wil change over.

The vehicle has been standing for approxamately 5 months without a battery

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Just one hint from a ST-R owner -> Keep your hands away from that car if it has known faults.

Gearbox issues are very expensive to repair. The rich running can be when the engine is cold.

If the car stoo for longer times without battery, you need to drive some miles to see how the things are working. I.e. my gearbox needed around 100kms to "learn" how to shift smoothly. Don't forget the car is equipped with the INVECS II self-learning autobox. But anyhow, the car should shift gears in automode, not only in tip mode!

If I were you, I would consider buying another car. A VR-4 needs only a bit more fuel but means a lot more fun. If you can afford the services, than look out for a good VR4.

cheers
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

It's in South Africa - so ultra rare anyway! Might have trouble finding another one!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    11-09-2009
    Country
    Other

Yes i have searched the web in South Africa for one could only find one. I think it is that one that i am trying to buy.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Seriously Pierre I'd consider buying something else because you are going to "kak en betaal" if anything goes wrong on that car because although some EVO parts may be interchangeable, the majority of them are not and you will find it nigh impossible to source the parts locally.

That means getting the parts from UK (horrible exchange rate + freight) or NZ (much the same story).

If you've got money to burn then then rest assured you will probably have the only one in the country!