Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

BC Coilovers

Hello everyone,

I've been asked about these quite a bit since i mentioned them in a post a week or so ago.

The coilovers come in 3 variants- normal coilovers- these are £565 + vat. There are then inverted tube coilovers (adjusters on the bottom please note) they are £652 + vat. The final version is the external resevoir 3 way adjustables, these are £1021 +vat.

Our experiance of the normal variants has been fine- no issues with them at all. We have not done a set for a VR4 yet, but on gto and scooby they have been fine.

We have had a right nightmare with a set of inverted on a gto- problem with one strut, but a lot of messing to get it sorted out. BC do seem responsive enough, but because they try to sort the problem at minimum cost to them there has been a lot of messing around.

We havent done any external reservoir variants, but they will be very complex to set up.

Std and inverted can be fitted for £160+ vat. On top of that is a 4 wheel alignment, which is £94 + vat. (You will be able to get that cheaper yourselves, but we dont have laser align here, so you end up paying us to take the car out and for them to do it)

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Is it an external nitrogen reseviour ben? Bit mental for the road... They do take a fair bit of time to set up, and you really need some form of track for it. do they offer a resonable recon service?

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    03-03-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

I didnt get into what's in the ressie Gareth, but i would think it is nitrogen. I'll ask em tomorrow. It is track car suspension though.

The suspension seems to be modular, and at the prices you wouldnt bother trying to refurb. You can get a strut insert (the most likely bit to fubar) for about £130. Spring seats and pillow balls are also reasonable. They hold uk spares.

At the price recon isnt worth the agro of having the car off the road while you send the strut off etc. Just get a new bit and get your spanners out- job done.

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

A lot of the guys on the MLR have rated these kits highly too. In fact I was considering them as an option had I not gone the route of replacing mine with Bilsteins from an MR

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    03-03-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

Same price for evos also Pete.

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec
    I didnt get into what's in the ressie Gareth, but i would think it is nitrogen. I'll ask em tomorrow. It is track car suspension though.

The suspension seems to be modular, and at the prices you wouldnt bother trying to refurb. You can get a strut insert (the most likely bit to fubar) for about £130. Spring seats and pillow balls are also reasonable. They hold uk spares.

At the price recon isnt worth the agro of having the car off the road while you send the strut off etc. Just get a new bit and get your spanners out- job done.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Only reason i was asking was the likes of proflex refurb for about £80 a corner, or so they tell you. Its a different matter when they've got it and start putting new bits in. Thats pretty decent at £130. Think we may have to have a chat about some.... Not for a VR4 though

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

Are the normal ones still 565+ vat? I need to change from the Bilstein B12 kit thats on there at the mo, far too low!

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    03-03-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mitsubishi GTO
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes dude.

Cheers,

Ben.

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

Sweet. How much is shipping within the UK?

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    19-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mitsu Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec
    Hello everyone,

I've been asked about these quite a bit since i mentioned them in a post a week or so ago.

The coilovers come in 3 variants- normal coilovers- these are £565 + vat. There are then inverted tube coilovers (adjusters on the bottom please note) they are £652 + vat. The final version is the external resevoir 3 way adjustables, these are £1021 +vat.

Our experiance of the normal variants has been fine- no issues with them at all. We have not done a set for a VR4 yet, but on gto and scooby they have been fine.

We have had a right nightmare with a set of inverted on a gto- problem with one strut, but a lot of messing to get it sorted out. BC do seem responsive enough, but because they try to sort the problem at minimum cost to them there has been a lot of messing around.

We havent done any external reservoir variants, but they will be very complex to set up.

Std and inverted can be fitted for £160+ vat. On top of that is a 4 wheel alignment, which is £94 + vat. (You will be able to get that cheaper yourselves, but we dont have laser align here, so you end up paying us to take the car out and for them to do it)

Cheers,

Ben.
    Hiya,
    i have had the BC racing BR range fitted on my 2002 mitsubishi galant, these dont have the camber adjustable top mounts, (i have pics on my profile).
    They have been great, i have got them set to the highest they can go, just to clear the tw@#ing speed bumps, about 40mm lower from standard.
    There are 30 settings on the rebound, and it is quite a significant difference from 1 - 30, currently my setting is 30 all around.
    If anyone would like anymore pics or ask me any more questions on how they perform, just send me a message.
    I would recommend these, also it is quite easy to get hold of spare parts.

Cheers

Mark

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

You can't have adjustable camber at the top of the strut on an 8G because of the double wishbone setup.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    19-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mitsu Galant

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    You can't have adjustable camber at the top of the strut on an 8G because of the double wishbone setup.
    I know, which is why i put "these dont have the camber adjustable top mounts"

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

I was just saying that just in case people thought this suspension was a low end model or something

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    19-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mitsu Galant

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    I was just saying that just in case people thought this suspension was a low end model or something
    Hiya,
    sorry if i came accross a bit of an ar#e should have put a smiley on my message, didnt want to come across like a di##.

Regards

Mark Smith

Name
    Keijo
    Last Online
    24-08-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR4 -00

I have BR-series also fitted to my Legnum and they work perfect. Very good set indeed.