Richard
    Last Online
    08-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mini Cooper S

Update time...

I've now got a fully working reflashable ecu with a standard 7201(EM0005) map on it.

I've reflashed it with a 7202(EM2005) rom unfortunately the car will turn over but won't start.

Which leaves me stuck with a reflashable ECU and nothing to flash onto it other then the stock rom (if anyone wants to examine the stock pfl rom see post No.1 of this thread).

Is there anyone out there with a metal cased Mines ECU that would be willing to take a look inside? Unless someone who understands these things can decipher the 7201 rom I've got nowhere to go other then trying to clone a mines ecu and examining the differences between the stock map and a mines map.
    Last edited by kinkyafro; 02-01-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi kinky, is this still via desoldering of the EEPROM?

Edit: Ps. might be worth making this a sticky thread mods? It has potential to be hugely beneficial for us PFL owners once the nitty-gritty is sorted
    Want your car tuning? Here's my pricing
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mini Cooper S

After some late nights myself and Nutter_John have mapped out the ecu.

All the theory is done the 7201 is as tunable as the 7202.

We are now working on offering a mines like ecu swap service with a menu of different tunes to choose from...

We expect to be able to offer this service in 3-4 months

Pricing estimate is £100 (with a £50 deposit to be refunded on return of your original ecu) - this is CVR4 member price.

I plan to offer up some dyno proven results on my own car within 2 months.

Nutter_John is managing the map side of things so will probably be posting on the topic soon.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Yeah some very long nights have been spent on this but this is a huge step forward . A lot of hard work was put in by Rich doing the intial stages but after we got his car running on Saturday it was only a matter of time until we cracked the life code of the 7201

Ok the plan is to get 4 different maps so that the customer can choose what level of tune they want ,so you could say different stages (stage one up fuel cut , remap to 0.8 bar , little timming etc etc )

Hopefully in the future we can also start to look at doing ALS , LC ,CEL KNock , but this will take a lot longer as they are not the same processor as the 7202 so this will be 100% new code

What I have found is that it is very very unlikely that the 7201 can be flashed via ecuflash as the chip does not have the same built in boot loader nor does it have the logic the flash the eeprom

please post any question regarding this and we will answer , but one huge step foward

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Custom re-maps are a future product and has already been discussed with a UK tuner
    Last edited by elnevio; 13-01-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Let's not lose sight of the benefits of the factory ECU, here:

The NutterAfro flash is about changing the factory maps.
    This means you retain all the knock-sensor-related goodness of the factory ECU. Same (to a lesser extent) with the fuel cut.

So you're not taking a huge risk with each map: no more so than buying a Jap car and running it on 97Ron. There is, of course, the possibility that you may encounter a horrific problem...but that possibility exists with an MBC.

If you're doing it properly, you'll have a boost gauge, wideband and potentially some kind of knock monitoring fitted already. Right?

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

I think it would also be a good idea to have someone in New Zealand or Aus also doing this work - as firstly it would be closer and safer for us in NZ/Aus to post ECU's to, I'm a bit wary of sending electronics halfway across the world!
    Also those of us in the southern hemisphere seem to get different tuning/power results to those of you in the UK/Ireland, so it would make more sense to have someone here tune the ECUs to our conditions.

'96 Legnum VR-4 in Sophia White, car mods:
    600x300x76 Intercooler, genuine HKS SSQV BOV, 17" DTM Demon wheels, 3" catback RPS Evo 4-6.5 exhaust with no cat, 3" post-IC hard pipe kit, 7203 ECU
    Coming up: TD04's.

ICE: Fully tweaked CarPC with active crossover through the PC
    JBL - SoundMagus - Vifa - Focal - JL Audio

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Quote Originally Posted by wintertidenz
    I think it would also be a good idea to have someone in New Zealand or Aus also doing this work - as firstly it would be closer and safer for us in NZ/Aus to post ECU's to, I'm a bit wary of sending electronics halfway across the world!
    Also those of us in the southern hemisphere seem to get different tuning/power results to those of you in the UK/Ireland, so it would make more sense to have someone here tune the ECUs to our conditions.
    Good idea. All you need is a computer geek, a tuner, somebody competant with electronics, a VR-4 owner and a clear idea of what you want to achieve. There must be these elements available in NZ/OZ! I'm expecting
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

can i make a suggestion, and this would be only if the UK people wanted to do it.

if on the off chance the the maps would be the same for UK and NZ, OZ cars then can i suggest that the UK people get to know and trust a local representative in NZ and OZ with the required electronics expertise. then the programmed chips themselves could be sent across the world and then fitted by said trusted representatives in the NZ and OZ locations.

but this is of course just a suggestion and it is up to the developers if they wish to consider this.

it is still very early in the 7201 ECU map sale and distribution life so it will take a while to get the process established and efficient. but i am sure lots of people will take them up on there product.

and good luck to them.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

PostMower(TM) standing down...

Let's keep this thread on track re information concerning the 7201 flashing process. The freedom of the information/knowledge behind the flashing is no longer a topic for discussion here at the present time.

Thank you!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

any news?

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Next real update will be early March when we have some RR results to show , we are finishing getting all the tooling setup to enable us to do this on a reasonable scale

Name
    ralf
    Last Online
    10-11-2013
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    evo

So to keep this on Track,if i find ive got a 7202,i can reflash it myself,

-if i have a 7201,i can take it oiut and send it to you and you remap it to my taste?

Keep us informed please!

Name
    ralf
    Last Online
    10-11-2013
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    evo

Oh look i already read this far LOL, i must be bonkers -

Make this thread a Sticky?

sticky anyone?

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

ok so theres gona be a big list of pfl owners wanting this dune including myself so is it gona be a first come first served or do u have a order list

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I would expect this to be simply order your PFL ECU from Kinky Nutters Inc. with your required map, and then send yours back to them?

Obviously these are my wildly accusating claims and not the real process involved, until otherwise proven by the peoples involved.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

well we are corrupt so the more you pay us the quicker you get it

it all comes down to how quickly people return there old ecu once they have our one

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

so if i send you mine now with big pile of cash i can have 1 now will you accept jock notes

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Never mined the big pile of cash. Get in line.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

Quote Originally Posted by aboo
    Never mined the big pile of cash. Get in line.
    what line thats why i asked is there a list i need to be on or is it first come first served

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast