Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Is it me or has someone coloured in the "Mitsubishi V6 2500 DOHC 16V" aspect on the engine cover?

It shouldn't be that colour at all.

Name
    Jonathan
    Last Online
    16-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    L200 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Is it me or has someone coloured in the "Mitsubishi V6 2500 DOHC 16V" aspect on the engine cover?

It shouldn't be that colour at all.

Yeah it appears to be red vivid, same as on the mitsubishi word on the strut brace, pity they didn't colour within the lines...

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    25-11-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99Legnum 2.4GDI

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    That isn't the stock steering wheel! That is one from a car with leather.
    Doesn't have to be a leather interior to have leather steering wheel/gear shift/handbrake. Mine does and until recently it had standard cloth seats. The chrome gearshift surround on the auto seems to go hand in hand with leather steering wheel etc, as mine has one too and very few seem to.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjames.powell
    Doesn't have to be a leather interior to have leather steering wheel/gear shift/handbrake. Mine does and until recently it had standard cloth seats. The chrome gearshift surround on the auto seems to go hand in hand with leather steering wheel etc, as mine has one too and very few seem to.
    Warning! Ignore Brad at your peril!

Besides, it's a wooden steering wheel. Which only came with the beige leather. Although matches (!) the fake wood sunglasses holder he's got.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjames.powell
    That chrome gearshift surround is standard for the facelift autos. As I believe the "normal" Nardi steering wheel, leather gearshift/handbrake are also std in the facelifts...

I think the carbon dash is transplanted though... lol as it only came out with the Momo wheel and recaros as part of the "sports pack" in the facelifts... though the supers are different again... lol
    Last edited by CANDEE; 26-12-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

The leather steering wheel is standard on all VR-4's. The wood inserts though mean that the steering wheel was originally from a Galant with leather, either black or tan. I've only got one interior pic of the red leather and that car didn't have a wooden steering wheel.

The chrome surround is indeed a standard thing on Supers and all facelift Type S's. Type V's still had the black surround.

The leather handbrake lever started to become standard on late prefacelifts and is standard on all facelifts.

The carbon dash however came standard on all Supers and facelift VR-4's up until May 2000 when they changed to the silver dash. Note however that VR-4's optioned with the tan leather still came with the wood dash all the way to August 2002.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    KiwiTT
    Last Online
    24-05-2018
    Membership ID
    NZ001
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    BMW 330i
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by jb2815
    ... the results of an AA check came out, so I'm greatful for that.
    You know you can possibly get an AA mechanical warranty for it for 3 years for about $1,000 (I did - and it almost paid for itself.). Worth considering if you want to avoid any big bills and are not modding it.

NOTE: Mine does have a Silver Gear cover, Carbon-Fibre Dash and Nardi Steering Wheel.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a VR-4, around corners at speed. But it costs see here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12