Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LED TAIL LIGHTS FOR YOUR LEGNUM / GALANT STATION WAGON - Please read !

Name
    Christian
    Last Online
    01-10-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Galant EA0 GLS

Exclamation LED TAIL LIGHTS FOR YOUR LEGNUM / GALANT STATION WAGON - Please read !

This idea spunkt around for some time with me in my head -
    I can simply not put up with it for our beautiful wagon fleet is no Led taillights.

Therefore, I still try to find a company that is willing to produce corresponding
    taillights, with e-marks and plug´n play change.

It is certainly not easy to finance all that fun, but with the appropriate
    preparation and the necessary support we might can handle it.
    An attempt is always worth it.

1) What will the taillights?

I'll have it sent a set of taillights to Asia inspecting them. The resident company builds, among other things, the tail lights of Lancer CY0 - which should be known to you. The rear lights are in good quality and with e-Mark. The desgin of the tail lamps will have to depend on
    the shape of the original rear lights, because the cables are in accordance with the multi-part tail lights so its not so simple to change the arrangement significantly.

I deem useful to run the rear light or brake light in Led. The rest of the lamp
    would probably cost from start made in the form of light bulbs. At the turn
    signals would be - if LEDs would be used - new flasher relay needed, what I
    want to burden anyone. When reversing lamps and rear fog light LEDs,
    however, one could take> cost.

2) Approval / legality of the rear lights?

The lights should of course have an electronic sign so that they can assemble
    each and one in Germany, not to worry about security. The cost for a light
    technical expertise are high, but for the acceptance of the tail light absolutely
    needed and inevitable.

The rear lights are of course run as they are plug & play.

3) What will cost the taillights?

That's a good question! Unfortunately I can not because the major cost factor
    based on the number of items answered. The more taillights are produced and
    sold, the cheaper each one will be set. Of course I am not so optimistic that we
    can buy 3000Sets. Less than 100 € is guaranteed to make anything. I expect a
    price around the € 200-250. For this reason, you can stake out the right area
    for you to rate the top. You have 1 or 2 votes - again, please vote for YES or
    NO. And if YES, you have one more true to what price it would be interesting
    for you.

[B] 4) Delivery of the tail lights? [/ B]

I assume that the production will take some time and the delivery is moving
    from order date within a framework of 3-5Moanten. I can provide more
    accurate data as soon begin talks with the producers.

5) What about warranty?

The guarantee would probably run through my business or I'll find another
    partner occurs as a guarantee according to Leister. This is a point I have not
    been illuminated further as I also think that resulting in no damage to such
    components rarely purely out of production.

6) How do we achieve our goal?

We will achieve the goal safely only with hard work, endless hours of
    headaches and a proper share of commitment. We will have to rely on the
    help, no doubt, of all known forums and also Länderübergreifend publish this
    action. Therefore, I will need your help what the propaganda and the follow-up
    concerns. We need a website and mailing lists, postings in forums and possibly
    sponsors - everything that we can ascend. Anyone who is willing that we can
    achieve our goal, and also help to do its part.

There are currently around the 25,000 authorized Galants in Germany. If we
    only 1% of those reached, we would bring more than 200 potential buyers to
    us a state of limbo. One alone will not make it, but together - we can do it!

Here are just a rough draft, wei you could do it.

[IMG]http://n3utr1n0x.pytalhost.com/bilder/forenbilder2/galant_ruecklicht_led_005.jpg[/ IMG]

Big Sorry for that bad english - thats a google translation.

Hope for some big support !
    Last edited by Yoshio; 06-01-2010 at 11:51 PM.
    MFG Yoshio

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I also like this idea, but hae not had the time or inclination to do anything about it.

To help with the link in the post above:

Picture.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    13-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Outlander Turbo

hmm tbh i think they look better without, possibly because the car is red to im not sure!

Name
    john
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    gallant classic

a word of warning ,
    we changed all our rear lights at work to l.e.d (fleet of 120 busses) 6lights at the rear of each bus to save money on bulbs, the quality of the product we recieved from asia was absolutley shi7e , so much so we've changed back to bulbs

the lights consisted of tail lights (2per unit) a stop light and a flasher light the stop light was incorporated into the tail light.

i'll see if i can find the name of the company , but i know they were oriental as all the writing on the packets, namely wiring instructions lol

johny

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Hi Christian!

Good to see you around here. Nice idea but I did not see what you want to reach with this. Do you want to have a list with possible interested people?

Anyhow, if you need support drop me a short e-mail.

Assumed that the tail-lights will be with LED's also for the turn signals, and the price will be around 250 EUR per set, then put me up for one set please.

Btw, you do not need a new flasher relay if you have a resistor in line with the turn signal LED's so that turn lamp needs 21W...

Last but not least, have you thought of the different switch circuits for the imported and the european Galant Estates / Legnums???? The european models have integrated rear fog lights and the imported ones have usual rear lights with drive/stop light in the tail gate! SO you need the same LED setup like for the outer tail lights also for the inner ones. This leaves the option for either only fog lamp or brake / rear light setup.

Cheers
    Stefan
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    11-03-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    7 x VR-4 & EA6W

Are we only talking estate lights here, or also saloon?

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Yeah... what's about saloons???

Yoshio, I can drop your info along Polish Mitsubishi forum also if you wish, give me PM.

Name
    Christian
    Last Online
    01-10-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Galant EA0 GLS

Hey Guys,

sorry for that bad english above, but i think you can understud whats the case.

Sure, i might forget that the english version got different tail lights- there should be at least an instruction to change the light signal to the original ones, by using the european version or the other way aroun. I think this depends how good the feedback will be.

About the desgin i will get an info when the tail lights recieve Taiwan. I´m sure the company is doing there work very well. I know the lancer tail lights, and the shape &quality is ok.

About the price i try to get they lowest we can get - what else have you thougt - but i cant imagine the companys costs. The costs will depend on the qty also. I told them to sold at least 100 sets in the first order and i want some sets for promotion issues - lets see what they can do for us. I think the price could be around 165-200€ (if so, i will buy two or three, because i REALLY want to have legal led tail lights.

@swinks

You can take the text - erase the errors please - and spread it all over the world. I think that is the best way to get some feedback we need. I will geive you update as fast as i can and keep u update to the decisions they have to be made. i thnik the design issue will be the hardest - its not easy to cover hundrets of meanings.

Your welcome for any posts.

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    11-03-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    7 x VR-4 & EA6W

There are no difference between english tail lights and european. But japanese models are running with extra two rear lights instead of where rear fog lights are in EU-models - not a big problem...

BUT THERE ARE DIFFERNCE BETWEEN KOMBIWAGEN UND LIMOUSINE!

What about them?

Name
    Christian
    Last Online
    01-10-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Galant EA0 GLS

I think we should start with a led conversion on the KOMBI first, because there are already 7 differnet tail lights for the LIMO - there is no really need for one more.

The Station Wagon has only OEM lights, so we also should get another one, did´nt we earned them ?

After that conversion we can also ask the company for sedan lights if you still like.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

I love the idea: I'm just not that keen on the lights themselves: the Factory ones have "clear" turnsignal lenses which blend nicely with the "LEGNUM" or "GALANT" badge on the back: it looks like these have 100% red lenses?

It's a fantastic idea, and the product looks about right, just not sure the style is to my taste.

Name
    Pierre
    Last Online
    27-02-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR-4 Legnum

I like the style of the 3rd image perhaps with a clear lens rather than black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    alan
    Last Online
    13-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Outlander Turbo

yeah good shout, third ones look better..... i still think LED's will look good but they need to follow the light shape better than on that pic.....and i still say on a red car they will look odd.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Second pic looks the best one to me, but utterly impossible without reshaping the entire rear of the car.

The circles look too aftermarket for my taste.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    21-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ex-Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshio
    I think we should start with a led conversion on the KOMBI first, because there are already 7 differnet tail lights for the LIMO - there is no really need for one more.
    Saloons... many of aftermarket, but only for Asia or US market, illegal in EU due to red indicators, and require massive conversion. Not worth hassle, especially those lamps have plastic lenses and covers so you can't dissasembly ones using hot air, because you'll melt them instantly.

So, idea with saloon's lights is not such crazy.

Name
    Kat
    Last Online
    17-01-2024
    Membership ID
    AU143
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    RS6 Wagon
    My Garage
    Visit

This should be considered

Call me crazy, but I see a potential problem, resistance of the brake circuit directly affects ABS operation, so if you swap them with LEDs your ABS may decide to stop working. I might be wrong, well actually I'm not, so you heard it here first. Solution would be a inline resistor..... just something that should be considered in the design......

So let me guess..... I need to do the ABS ECU pinout that include expected voltage/resistance values
    Last edited by Kitty's VR4; 07-01-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Kittys VR4

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Christian
    Last Online
    01-10-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Galant EA0 GLS

About the design

The tail lights ar on the way to taiwan. When they hit the company, they will send me some photoshops or designs they could imagine - so lets see what they got for us.

Name
    Richie
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '97 legnum MT

the only clear tail lights i have seen for the galant is the lexus style and i dont like them. the only tail lights i would consider would be all silver, preferably LED as i cant find any LED upgrades for my car. even side repeaters dont come with an amber light. with clear side repeaters available for almost any car you would think that they would provide LEDs to go with them
    1998 2.0 GLS>1999 2.4 GDI>2001 2.5 sport>1997 VR4 + 2000 2.5 sport
    1997 legnum (manual)
    CUSCO rear strut brace
    BILSTEIN springs on uprated shocks
    3" S/S downpipes and exhaust
    induction kit
    EVO V RS transfer box
    EVO VIII brembos
    HEL brake lines
    V6 sport interior
    laser cut engine cover
    GRP EVO style bonnet
    18" inovite redlines
    HKS SSQV
    2003 Mazda 6 2.0 TS estate

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty's VR4
    Call me crazy, but I see a potential problem, resistance of the brake circuit directly affects ABS operation, so if you swap them with LEDs your ABS may decide to stop working. I might be wrong, well actually I'm not, so you heard it here first. Solution would be a inline resistor..... just something that should be considered in the design......

So let me guess..... I need to do the ABS ECU pinout that include expected voltage/resistance values

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty's VR4

The only problem I have with this, is how does the system work when you get blown bulbs, or some people run 5 brake lights or 3 brake lights? Don't those variables all change the resistance? Or is it not that straight forward?!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast