Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

WTB: Fuse #14 in engine bay - 30A ignition fuse

As stated, I require a 30A ignition fuse. The one I have has been soldered at some prior to my ownership and quite often cuts out on me. It leaves me with no remote central locking, alarm or ignition. I have to jiggle the fuse all the time which seems to get it working again.

Tried the local autofactors and they dont have anything like it.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    16-03-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Atik
    As stated, I require a 30A ignition fuse. The one I have has been soldered at some prior to my ownership and quite often cuts out on me. It leaves me with no remote central locking, alarm or ignition. I have to jiggle the fuse all the time which seems to get it working again.

Tried the local autofactors and they dont have anything like it.
    You have PM

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Sorry Wodj, saw your pager, but managed to locate one from Carl and picked it up today (while delivering some bits and collecting some cash).

Just taken a closer look at the fuse today and when I took it out, it was very hot! Just dismantled it now and found that it has obviously blown in the past, and been resoldered. But not soldered properly cos the dry-joint now looking at me is so obviously wide open (about 1mm) tht I'm surprised I still had ignition as much as I did. Must have been held together just enough by the pins in the fuse box!