Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Sard R2D2 adjustment

I've got the aforementioned dump valve but have never adjusted it. Can anyone tell me whereabouts I should set it to ?

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

It should be adjusted so that it doesn't open when idling.
    If you don't have any problem of e.g. stalling when idling then it will be OK.
    I never adjusted mine after fitting so I guess it didn't need it and was set appropriately from the factory.
    Mine will go for a good few seconds if I leave my foot off the accelerator which is totally different to the Blitz and Bailey ones I've had on other cars. I think they can be adjusted so that they're a bit tighter and the noise is a little shorter and sharper though I like being able to keep mine going for a good 3-4 seconds of reducing volume. I find it quite intoxicating and addictive.
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Well mine does exactly the same so I guess it is set OK. Might have a little play with it though, just to see if it makes any difference.

Name
    Malc
    Last Online
    29-11-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi S3 3000GT
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 4
    Well mine does exactly the same so I guess it is set OK. Might have a little play with it though, just to see if it makes any difference.
    I had an adjustable GFB Hybrid FX on my old VR4. If the spring was set to hard it jolted badly when coming off/on the gas

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Let us know your findings. Been meaning to do this but haven't got round to it.