Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Daniel from Adrian Flux

Hi everyone.
    Just a short introduction. I’m Daniel. I’ve worked for Adrian Flux Insurance for nearly 18 years now.
    If any of you guys on here have any general insurance queries or specific problems with Adrian Flux insurance please let me know. I can assure you I will be completely impartial despite being on the pay roll of Adrian Flux. If we have messed up I will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected, if any of you do not understand an insurers viewpoint I will do my best to clearly explain it.
    It could be problems ranging from simple paperwork issues to major claim disputes. With my years of experience I should be able to answer most queries immediately, if there are issues or a problem that I can’t answer directly I would ensure that a relevant manager investigates these and I would then be able to relay an answer back.
    I hope this will be of some helps for you.
    Thanks very much.

Daniel.

Adrian Flux Insurance Group

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Daniel,

Could you ask the company to look into insuring British Forces in Europe. I know there are currently only two UK insurers, names on request, that are approved to provide cover for us but neither will do anything for modified cars. I'm currently using a German provider which provides the bare minimum but due to the complication of my car not actually becoming a German registered vehicle, and therefore not subject to TUV approval, they can't cope with modifcations easily. I can imagine you cover a lot of the guys in the UK and they would like to continue cover with you during the Germany postings, and would be willing to pay the premiums for it.
    If you want any information from me regarding the BFG (British Forces Germany) vehicle procedures please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Additionally can you advise what NCB entitlements are possible for those who have been out of the UK on European policies for over 2 years. I had full NCB when I left and, under the German way of providing NCB, I now show as 17 years NCB. If I return to the UK would a UK insurer offer my full NCB with proof from the German insurer?

Thanks
    Lee
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Jay
    Last Online
    07-06-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Do you do multi-car policies?

I would much rather keep the VR4 as a weekend / show car, but its a real hassle swapping policies over between cars.

Jay

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    Daniel,

Could you ask the company to look into insuring British Forces in Europe. I know there are currently only two UK insurers, names on request, that are approved to provide cover for us but neither will do anything for modified cars. I'm currently using a German provider which provides the bare minimum but due to the complication of my car not actually becoming a German registered vehicle, and therefore not subject to TUV approval, they can't cope with modifcations easily. I can imagine you cover a lot of the guys in the UK and they would like to continue cover with you during the Germany postings, and would be willing to pay the premiums for it.
    If you want any information from me regarding the BFG (British Forces Germany) vehicle procedures please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Additionally can you advise what NCB entitlements are possible for those who have been out of the UK on European policies for over 2 years. I had full NCB when I left and, under the German way of providing NCB, I now show as 17 years NCB. If I return to the UK would a UK insurer offer my full NCB with proof from the German insurer?

Thanks
    Lee

Hi Lee

If you would like for me to arrange for someone to contact you for a chat, please feel free to pm me your contact telephone number.

Cheers
    Dan.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by nuster100
    Do you do multi-car policies?

I would much rather keep the VR4 as a weekend / show car, but its a real hassle swapping policies over between cars.

Jay

Hi Jay

Please pm me your full name and contact telephone number and i will arrange for someone to call you and discuss a quotation!! What vehicles do you have in mind?

Cheers
    Dan.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Just called for a quote and got the most vague quote ever.

All I was asked for was:
    name and make of vehicle,
    my surname,
    date of birth,
    postcode,
    number of no claims,
    how long I've owned the vehicle,
    how much I paid last year.

You need more details than that for Confused.com and they need hardly any info at all!

The guy came back with 'sorry sir, I'm not going to get anything better than around £1000 for you unfortunately. We can put you through to our affiliate 'Call Connection' who may be able to help'. After I declined to be put through, he just said sorry we cant help.

What if I wanted to take the policy at £1000-ish? And not giving me an actual number seems iffy too. What is 'around £1000'? £1k is different to £1.9k.

Guess I'll wait for my renewal from Sky at the end of the week.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Atik View Post
    Just called for a quote and got the most vague quote ever.

All I was asked for was:
    name and make of vehicle,
    my surname,
    date of birth,
    postcode,
    number of no claims,
    how long I've owned the vehicle,
    how much I paid last year.

You need more details than that for Confused.com and they need hardly any info at all!

The guy came back with 'sorry sir, I'm not going to get anything better than around £1000 for you unfortunately. We can put you through to our affiliate 'Call Connection' who may be able to help'. After I declined to be put through, he just said sorry we cant help.

What if I wanted to take the policy at £1000-ish? And not giving me an actual number seems iffy too. What is 'around £1000'? £1k is different to £1.9k.

Guess I'll wait for my renewal from Sky at the end of the week.

Hi

If you can pm me your details and i will arrange for someone to call you. Please pm your full name, postcode and contact telephone number.

Dan

Name
    Philippa
    Last Online
    20-06-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    LEGNUM VR4

Unhappy competitive Quote

I have just been on the Adrian Flux website to get an online quote for my husband who is in his 40's with 2 years no claims and no penelty points I was shocked to find the quote at £2172.44 I dont think I put the value of the actual car as high as that and I did put £500 as my excess. how do people get such low quotes from Adrian Flux???? please tell me otherwise we will be selling the car??

novaeater

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    08-12-2015
    Country
    United States
    Car
    Carless!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaeater View Post
    I have just been on the Adrian Flux website to get an online quote for my husband who is in his 40's with 2 years no claims and no penelty points I was shocked to find the quote at £2172.44 I dont think I put the value of the actual car as high as that and I did put £500 as my excess. how do people get such low quotes from Adrian Flux???? please tell me otherwise we will be selling the car??

novaeater
    Phone them up - never use an automated form for any imported/modified cars.
    why fix it the right way first time - when excessive swearing can occour when it all goes wrong when you don't?

Now with 5.7 liters of V8 muscle

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Novaeater View Post

novaeater
    Hiya,

Please feel free to pm me your surname, postcode and a contact telephone number, so I can ask someone to look into this for you and give you a call.

Thanks
    Dan

Name
    matthew
    Last Online
    23-08-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    yet another v6

im with adrian flux, was well happy with price and service :-)

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    12-09-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1997 Legnum

I have always been happy with Adrian fluc. Have been insuring the Land Rover with them since I bought it over 6 (maybe 7) years ago. Now have the Legnum insured with them as well.

They always try it on on renewal time but a simple phone call with other prices from online searches always recitfies this.

The only time they have ever p!ss3d me off is when I changed a policy from a 250bhp GT4 to a 90bhp Pug 306 and they wanted to charge me extra!! Wassomething to do with insuring a standard car with a modified insurer or something didn;t really pay attention as I knew I was taking my business elsewhere for that one :-)

Anyway if its modified or something a little different from the norm, such as the VR4 I always recomend Fluxy with a big thumbs up
    1997 Legnum VR4 Manual
    BBS 16" Alloys
    LPG Converted
    8mm Magnecor Plug Leads
    Innovate AFR Meter with narrow band emulation to ECU
    DE-CAT

1994 3.9V8 Discovery.
    4" Lift with 33" tyres (12.5" wide), 30mm wheel spacers.
    LPG converted
    Koni shocks
    Mallory Ignition
    Magnecor leads
    3" Strainless straight through exhaust
    diff and steering guards
    Mud

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    29-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2000 vr4 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Flux Insurance View Post

Hiya,

Please feel free to pm me your surname, postcode and a contact telephone number, so I can ask someone to look into this for you and give you a call.

Thanks
    Dan
    Dan do you have anything better to say than this this has been your reply throughout this thread! Then you wonder why were not using your service.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Hi

I haven't posted on this thread in over a year. However, the reason I post this kind of comment is to enable the Client to PM me their details as they obviously don't want to post personal details on an open forum. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on any post without looking into a Clients file.

This also enables me to get the right department to contact the Client.

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by richy rich View Post
    Dan do you have anything better to say than this this has been your reply throughout this thread! Then you wonder why were not using your service.

Name
    Piers
    Last Online
    04-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4 + BMW 335

Are you still around Dan?

I have a multi car policy with Admiral for 5 cars and my Renewal is just over a month away!

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Hi Piers,

Thanks for the enquiry and yes I'm still about - flying the flag for Adrian Flux.

If you'd like to PM me your full name, telephone number and when it would be convenient to call you.

We'd be more than happy to provide you with a (hopefully) competitive quote and see you as a Flux policyholder soon.

Regards.

Dan

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    28-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom

Hi Dan.
    Whilst you are flying the same flag, Can you look into this for me please. I sent a mail last Thursday (5am) and still no response.

Good morning.
    Ref:- above policy.
    You will know that the above is an agreed value ins policy. Although I have no plans to have an accident of any kind at any time in the future, these things do happen hence the need for your services.
    I have recently been made aware from a third party that he had his car insured with you and also had an agreed value ins policy. He went on to explain that having had a rear end shunt for which he was proven to be blameless he was still paid out the market value of the vehicle and not the agreed value. The explanation from A.F was that the cover for agreed value was with you and not with the 3rd party insurers and therefore could not be paid in full. Could this be true?

Kind Regards
    Colin Jackson.
    Live, love, learn but most of all.... Plan.

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by carfanatic View Post
    Hi Dan.
    Whilst you are flying the same flag, Can you look into this for me please. I sent a mail last Thursday (5am) and still no response.

Good morning.
    Ref:- above policy.
    You will know that the above is an agreed value ins policy. Although I have no plans to have an accident of any kind at any time in the future, these things do happen hence the need for your services.
    I have recently been made aware from a third party that he had his car insured with you and also had an agreed value ins policy. He went on to explain that having had a rear end shunt for which he was proven to be blameless he was still paid out the market value of the vehicle and not the agreed value. The explanation from A.F was that the cover for agreed value was with you and not with the 3rd party insurers and therefore could not be paid in full. Could this be true?

Kind Regards
    Colin Jackson.
    Hi Colin,

If you would like to PM me some policy details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards
    Dan

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    28-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom

Hi Dan,
    I have had an interesting response from A.F. Basically it says I will receive my full agreed valuation, if I am not to blame! whats that all about on a fully comp ins policy?

Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

Quote Originally Posted by carfanatic View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I have had an interesting response from A.F. Basically it says I will receive my full agreed valuation, if I am not to blame! whats that all about on a fully comp ins policy?
    Hi,

If you could PM me some details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast