Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Just some history on the car, it is a COTY that originally had black leather from the factory but someone converted the whole car to tan leather!
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

what distinguishes COTY cars apart from the rest Brad?

*edit* never mind, I see the wheels and what appear to be badges on the D pillars.
    Last edited by fuel; 22-08-2010 at 07:44 AM.
    1991 E39A Galant VR-4 - the original VR-4
    1980 A164A Eterna GSR Coupe - 3.0 V6 MIVEC TT!

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

also good work on the auction listing, but I reckon you should make it a $1res auction to attract all the interest. I sold this Legnum with higher kms and cloth interior for $3370 on $1res, yours should fetch $3500 at least - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=301797551

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Thanks guys, will keep the listing as is for now see what happens.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Good luck there,you know turners would fetch you 4k for it?? i sold the auto 1 for $4400..i wish id taken the whiter 1 to them so i dont have to deal with tyre kickers wanting joyrides or swaps for their this or thats!!!!!!!!!
    Fuel that was a good price for a high kms legnum.. i reckon ill fetch the same for the white 1 tho...(hopefully)

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Quote Originally Posted by VR4WGN
    Good luck there,you know turners would fetch you 4k for it?? i sold the auto 1 for $4400..i wish id taken the whiter 1 to them so i dont have to deal with tyre kickers wanting joyrides or swaps for their this or thats!!!!!!!!!
    Fuel that was a good price for a high kms legnum.. i reckon ill fetch the same for the white 1 tho...(hopefully)
    Hmm what did they charge you for selling through them?

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    I'm not a paid member. I think it sucks that most the useful information is restricted.

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    28-04-2017
    Country
    New Zealand

Probably wouldn't get too many members if it was only useless information. It's like $20, pays for itself over and over. Also a lot better than having ads everywhere.

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    I'm not a paid member. I think it sucks that most the useful information is restricted.
    you sold a vr4 but your only a usr still?? spare a fe $$ lol

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

Don't get me wrong I enjoy coming here but of the literally dozens of forums I am on, this is the ONLY one where you are essentially 'persuaded' to pay a fee in order to retrieve information. I don't want to sound like a scrooge here but as I don't own an 8G VR-4 (anymore), and as this forum seems to be cater towards the 8G more, I just feel it's totally not worth it for me to become a paid member.

I moderate and am on the committee of one of NZ's largest automotive forums, there is no paid memberships or anything - we get by on donations and the left over profit from regular track-days and events we run to pay for our hosting and other associated costs. We actually used to have a separate section for members who were long standing or who we thought were GC's, in order to try prevent the retards/newbies from spamming up our threads - but all it really did was create a bit of elitism, and it was actually tearing the club apart from the inside.

We basically wanted all our info available to anyone - so anyone who was searching the internet for a specific problem could see the posts, and if they liked what they saw or if they wanted to add their valuable information they could - I feel here you wouldn't get the same result.

*edit* those who know me, particularly on other forums know that I generally have a lot of input specifically in technical sections. The main reason why I don't offer my input here, is simply because I'm restricted from doing so - it's just far easier for me to offer advice where I don't have to pay for the privilege of doing so.

That's just my two cents - I'm not having a dig, I'm just voicing my opinion why I do not wish to become a paid member at this time. Sorry Harlet for spamming up your post.

-Phil

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    Don't get me wrong I enjoy coming here but of the literally dozens of forums I am on, this is the ONLY one where you are essentially 'persuaded' to pay a fee in order to retrieve information. I don't want to sound like a scrooge here but as I don't own an 8G VR-4 (anymore), and as this forum seems to be cater towards the 8G more, I just feel it's totally not worth it for me to become a paid member.

I moderate and am on the committee of one of NZ's largest automotive forums, there is no paid memberships or anything - we get by on donations and the left over profit from regular track-days and events we run to pay for our hosting and other associated costs. We actually used to have a separate section for members who were long standing or who we thought were GC's, in order to try prevent the retards/newbies from spamming up our threads - but all it really did was create a bit of elitism, and it was actually tearing the club apart from the inside.

We basically wanted all our info available to anyone - so anyone who was searching the internet for a specific problem could see the posts, and if they liked what they saw or if they wanted to add their valuable information they could - I feel here you wouldn't get the same result.

*edit* those who know me, particularly on other forums know that I generally have a lot of input specifically in technical sections. The main reason why I don't offer my input here, is simply because I'm restricted from doing so - it's just far easier for me to offer advice where I don't have to pay for the privilege of doing so.

That's just my two cents - I'm not having a dig, I'm just voicing my opinion why I do not wish to become a paid member at this time. Sorry Harlet for spamming up your post.

-Phil
    Amen Fuel, well put. One of the first things I noticed when I joined this forum, and like you I belong to a few. Had to source my info from elsewhere when I first got the car as it was my first mitsi after owning toyota's for many years.

Thanks guys for letting me know the interior had been changed, shame it isn't still the black as I prefer that, but oh well, my new car has nice black recaros all round so I'm happy

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

If you ask questions in here thatare valid and aren't stupid thing like will brembos fit or what boost can I run, then they tend to get answered by people like Nick Mann and myself.

If someone is asking a valid question I will always answer it to the best of my ability. Or of course I can be pm'd and often spend quite some time writing an answer for people.

If you want a free forum for vr4's you should go to ozvr4

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    28-11-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Galant VR4

Club VR4 charges a small fee for members to cover running costs of the forums and their dedicated servers.

In order to encourage members some information is kept in that section as well as other features not available to Joe Public.

The cost is low and most members are happy with it, it is just the way the club runs.

Some clubs rely on donations, and a lot of the time there is someone that forks out their own money to keep it running.

I was a paid member of Geekzone and they had special features and accesses for that money.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

A lot of people say that of all the forums they visit, (at least automotive ones) Club VR-4 is the nicest and most enjoyable for them. We really appreciate that sort of feedback and strive to keep Club VR-4 that way for the majority of members.

Club VR-4 is the way it is because of how it was built up and the way it is run. That includes the membership structure.

Perhaps if more people were willing to reach into their wallet and pay membership (or donate) then the membership would be considerably cheaper.

Thanks for your opinion, we do take what you say on board. Thank you also for taking the time to word it nicely and not have too much of a dig

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

Guys I feel you're all taking this a bit the wrong way. As I outlined from the beginning I am not having a dig (much) at how the forum is run, and I certainly am not debating that it is a really good forum, which is why I keep coming back here.

I am simply saying, that for me personally, who doesn't own an 8G which this forum appears to specifically cater for, and given that for my 6G I'm pretty well covered in terms of galantvr4.org, nzmmc, msport, team4g the list goes on etc - that I don't see the need for me to become a fully paid member at this very point in time and I was explaining my reasoning behind my decision.

That's not to say that I wont become a fully paid member full stop - who knows in time to come I will have another 8G - but right now there just isn't much enticing me to join.

I just think you need to put yourself into the shoes of 'Joe Public', the very people above who don't see any of this extra information or extra features/benefits the paid members do. These are the people who are likely to have just bought their car and are after simple information, and when instructed they should be paid members, simply move on and find the information elsewhere. As Harlet said above, (s)he is an example of that. Perhaps if you're looking for the membership costs to reduce, you're going to have to have more reasons for registered users like me to pay up.

I guess I'm just a bitter old man because I paid for an NZMMC membership all those years ago, and as they catered for Evos and GSRs for people in Akl, Wellington and Chch lil ol' me with my Galant in Taumarunui/Hamilton had no reason whatsoever to join in the end.

Take from what guys what you will - I think I've said enough at the risk of making me sound like a tight pursed negative scrooge.

Cheers

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    28-04-2017
    Country
    New Zealand

I don't think anyone minds you in particular not paying up, as you quite often add to the value of the site with your knowledge.

What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter) or having their first post as trying to sell their car, without really giving anything back. As soon as the question is answered/car is sold, they're never heard from until their next problem.

But yeah, there's not much (if anything) on models other than 8G for members, so I can see it not being a particularly good investment on your part.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    28-11-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by mattnz
    I don't think anyone minds you in particular not paying up, as you quite often add to the value of the site with your knowledge.

What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter) or having their first post as trying to sell their car, without really giving anything back. As soon as the question is answered/car is sold, they're never heard from until their next problem.

But yeah, there's not much (if anything) on models other than 8G for members, so I can see it not being a particularly good investment on your part.
    well said, back on track.

$3,000 start is reasonable good luck with the sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast