Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

Quote Originally Posted by mattnz

What gets sort of annoying is people rolling up and asking question after question that is answered in the members' resources (and probably a million other threads for that matter)
    I really am not trying to further spam up Harlet's post (sorry Harlet!!), but above in my opinion is perfectly highlighting the problem - these newbie users don't know that their question is specifically answered in the members section, and if they aren't going to be able to find out the answer in the non-paid area then they are naturally going to start another thread to ask the exact same question, where no doubt someone will link them to a thread within the paid section which answers their question, but they can't see the answer cause they aren't a paid member. The chances of someone becoming a paid member just to get an answer for one or two questions is pretty slim.

I definitely agree with you that is definitely is frustrating that some of these people just don't give back to the community, but it's a fact of life when running forums and you'll always get it to some degree.

It's just my views that perhaps tech related articles, especially for all the frequently asked topics should be made a bit more public so it doesn't become an issue that newbies constantly ask the same question over and over again.

Anyway to try and redeem this post as not 100% spam I would like to say I can't believe no one has bid on the Legnum yet, $3000 is an oustanding price and if I were any closer I would grab it for myself.

ps, matt are you in Dunedin now? how is other matt and my old VX-R going, she panel/painted yet by chance?

-Phil
    1991 E39A Galant VR-4 - the original VR-4
    1980 A164A Eterna GSR Coupe - 3.0 V6 MIVEC TT!

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    28-04-2017
    Country
    New Zealand

Lol, free bumps

VX-R was still going hard last I saw a couple of months ago, don't think the bodywork has had any love yet though, but I was extremely hung over at the time

And Harlet, you should put in the auction that it's got a tow-hook cover, pretty rare to find one with that still attached

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mattnz
    Lol, free bumps

VX-R was still going hard last I saw a couple of months ago, don't think the bodywork has had any love yet though, but I was extremely hung over at the time

And Harlet, you should put in the auction that it's got a tow-hook cover, pretty rare to find one with that still attached
    Tow hook cover??? where may that be when its home? Yep I'm a real noob with legnums and mitsi's in general. Really sad to see her up forsale so soon after buying it but sadly I can't afford to run it 100km's round trip a day

Had one person ring and ask to view but as seems to be the case down here they never turned up, and the same person ask if I wanted their tv and dvd player for it again...... sigh I miss Auckland.

If I was up there I would $1 reserve it but being so far down country it's simply not worth the risk.
    Legnum VR4 - Forsale
    EP82 Starlet GT - Variable Vein Turbo conversion in progress
    1999 Golf GTI daily driver

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    28-04-2017
    Country
    New Zealand

Tow hook cover is the bit of plastic in the bottom middle of the bumper

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Ahh ok, I always just thought it was some random mitsi design but now I see it serves a purpose. Thanks for that I learn't something today while sitting at work twiddling my thumbs

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Bump, auction closed with no bid so heres the new one.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=315523258

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Sold

Name
    Phil
    Last Online
    10-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1991 Galant VR-

Good work, get what you were wanting in the end?

Name
    Karyn
    Last Online
    11-11-2010
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 Golf GTI

Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    Good work, get what you were wanting in the end?
    Thanks, yeah got enough to clear 50% of my debts so I'm happy. That and its one less insurance premium, one less wof and one less rego to pay for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12