Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    19-04-2016
    Country
    England
    Car
    Lgnm VR4 type S

For the kids it's all about the Legnum......... and I must admit I prefer the look of the Legnum.........

The auto box's are great, there are advantages to both manual and auto and it is realy a personal choice......... mantenance costs for both are very similar when you compare them over a life time, but an auto requires very specific AFT.......

The VR4 if you can afford it is the best option if you like to drive enthusiastically....... which I assume you do if you owned an FTO........

Dont rule out the auto, I would deffinately suggest taking one for a test drive and base your decision on the experience, I was a die hard manual man, but I changed my mind after driving an Auto VR4......

Welcome to the club and happy hunting....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Taff
    Last Online
    01-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr-4

the main reason i choose the legnum (other than it's looks), was for the boot space. it saved me loads in house moving costs and the extra room will be handy when the baby arrives in december.

i too was an avid manual fan, but as soon as i took the vr4 out for a test spin, i was instantly converted. never thought i would ever like an auto, but it does suite the car. the ATF oil for the gearbox etc can be a bit on the expensive side. but thats the price you pay for the permanent grin that you'll have on your face, when you'll be driving the car.

if i was you, i would do the number crunching first (servicing costs, the mpg, insurance etc) and go from there.

good luck on the hunt for a car and welcome to club vr4

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

If you are capable of changing a clutch yourself the manual servicing costs are virtually nil. You'll need a new clutch every 50-70,000miles which costs 150 pounds for a stock unit and about 80 pounds worth of oil in that same time frame (two changes)

The auto's need very expensive oil changed a bit more often, about 200 pounds for a fluid change every 20-30,000 miles. More if you track the car.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12