Tam
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Hello :-)

Hello there, Im considering jumping into the world of the Legnum VR4, there is so much information on this site that i am a little overwhemed.
    I first started looking in to them in early 2009 and ruled them out due to the fact i wouldnt be able to make it from where i live in suffolk up to the in laws in yorkshire on one tank of fuel. However it has been niggle that has continued to itch (especially to my husband who sulked considerably when i said no last year) until last week when driving through thetford mountain biking and came across a facelift manual in browns of mundford.
    Now last year this would of been my ideal car, a Face lift in Trigger mauve and a manual, i proceeded have a bit of a hypevetilation fit until he said it would cost just shy of £7000.
    I have done a bit of searching and this seems a bit steep? i have also seen the car on the New era import site and it looked in much better condition on their site then it does in Browns........
    I have also spoke to Ben at Ebony and Ivory as i am for my sins origianaly from scunthorpe and he said that a manual facelift is a bit a a rare beast.

So After that monumental bit of rambling What do you guys think of the car is it overpriced? should i hold out for i different car? And does anyone have any experiance of Browns/Newera? I understand that i could be waiting some time for a tidy Facelift manual with reasonable milage to turn up.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

In my opinion that is way overpriced. 4.5 to 5k Maybe.

You could always get a really nice facelift auto and get a manual conversion done.

Name
    Karl
    Last Online
    14-10-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mits VR4 Super
    My Garage
    Visit

welcome to the club mate i agree with Mark on this one mate
    Mitsubushi Legnum Super VR4 # 59/283

Remapped ECU
    Blitz dual selenoid Electonic Boost Controller
    600X300X76 FMIC
    Magnecor KV85 competition HT Leads
    NGK Iridium spark plugs
    Custom made hard pipes
    S-ayc diff
    Selby ajustable sway bars
    Poly utherain bushes
    Sard 265lph fuel pump
    Sard fuel pressure regulator
    Daiyama adjustable coilovers
    236mm 13 row transmisson oil cooler
    Custom made rear strut-brace
    plx wideband sensor & gauge
    Evo VI 3" Decat
    Enkei Evo VIII alloys
    Evo VIIII brembro calipers & discs all round
    Zenon HID headlights inc high beam and fog lights
    Carputer
    2x genesis amp's
    Rainbow and focal door speakers
    AMSoil fluids
    K&N panel filter
    Opie oils air freshener

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi & welcome to CVR4.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

im with mark also, a bit on the expensive side it can be a waiting game for the right car for you , keep an eye in the for sale section on here most club cars are cared for and well maintained regardless.

oh and welcome to the club, where abouts in suffolk are you i was in elveden forrest last week with the family.
    Home Audio / Visual and CB HERE

To contact CLUBVR-4 committee or moderation staff click HERE

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Welcome to CVR4 , and I got from accrington to gt Yarmouth on a tank 306 miles from full tank to light on for 10 miles !!
    Ian

Name
    Tam
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Thanks for the replies Both me and my husband thought it was expensive, is it worthwhile going for a face lift? i have to say i prefer the look of the face lift and its a newer vehicle but its not like the old model has been hit with a pig stick. Would i be getting any benefits with a facelift other than the fact im a tart and i prefer the look of it?
    Ive seen a couple of Pre Face Lift manual models on Autotrader for £2500 and £3500 respectively. Are they worth a sniff? and on that note does any one know anything about them?
    Im afriad it has to be a manual for me as Auto Cars make me terribly car sick
    Thanks

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51259

Here is a manual for sale. Its a PFL but a very well looked after on & half the price.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Tam5583
    Thanks for the replies Both me and my husband thought it was expensive, is it worthwhile going for a face lift? i have to say i prefer the look of the face lift and its a newer vehicle but its not like the old model has been hit with a pig stick. Would i be getting any benefits with a facelift other than the fact im a tart and i prefer the look of it?
    Ive seen a couple of Pre Face Lift manual models on Autotrader for £2500 and £3500 respectively. Are they worth a sniff? and on that note does any one know anything about them?
    Im afriad it has to be a manual for me as Auto Cars make me terribly car sick
    Thanks
    Depends where you are in the country there may be a member close by you that would come & have a look at the cars with you

If you have links to the cars your looking at they may be none to the club.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Hi Tam, where in Suffolk are you? Our house is back in Stowmarket and we lived in Lincoln before that. I used to go to a friend's house on the roundabout at the end of Scotter Rd and passed by Ebony & Ivory so many times but wasn't interested in Jap cars at that time. We normally visit the house on our Easter trips so we may see you on one of the visits I had a VR4 for 6 months before we moved over to Germany and i was fun to embarass the boy racers going up to the Tesco by the A14.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Tam
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

we are currently living at sunny (or not so sunny) Wattisham so i know Stowmarket well! funnily enough i used to live at hibaldstow! so i know scotter bottom and still visit reletives at flixborough. did you ever go to Blyton for ice cream? lol

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Hi and welcome to the forum good luck
    Nick

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

You poor sods , I was working at Wat(ashame) before we moved here and that back road to Stowmarket was one of the things that pushed me to find a new job. Too many near (or not so on a couple of occassions) misses on there just wasn't worth it. As long as you're only living in the village rather than working there it would be a nice place to be. Never went to Blyton, didn't know about ice cream so I imagine I was missing something good?

Name
    Tam
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

OOO yeah you were definately missing out on the ice cream it was bloody lovely (or at least it was 10 years ago!) My husband is sat baffled trying to deduce your proffession lol. The stowmarket road gets no better, there was a car upside down and wedged between two trees in the front garden of ringshall hall (coming down the hill before the massive pond) a couple of months back. He got a A* from me for effort!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Perhaps I should make a detour from the M18 on teh way to Hull on Wednesday

I'm an IT tech. I was the IT and Civilian Manager at 132 Avn Sup Sqn there from Jan 06 to Sept 07. I've since given up the civilian management bit LOL

Must admit I used to try and get as fast as I could from the National Speed Limit sign on the straight bit halfway between Stowmarket and Wattisham, on the back route, to the left turn into the junction on the other side. it was the only safe bit on there.

Name
    Tam
    Last Online
    16-11-2013
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

My other half is an Aircraft Tech he is sat here now cringing at the thought of 132. To many RLC bods in one area :-) i bet it was a bit different for you though!
    i used to play the same game on my Bike on the bit of road until one day i ended up going straight on as there was no way i was going to make the junction! I ended up doing a red faced u turn down by the park and tootling back up the road........

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Answering the earlier question, facelifts have the right mounts fir brembos and accept all evo 5-9 brembos with no problems at all. They also have wider wheel arches and sometimes recaro seats.
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason