Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

YAY! Finally found a Legnum :D

Just won an auction on ebay, my max bid was higher than it went for as well so really pleased!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190461009169

Just emailed the seller to arrange collection, hopefully late this week, can't wait

Thanks again to all who offered advice during my search for a Legnum, really appreciate it and will be joining up as a paid member as soon as I complete the purchase

A bit of confusion regarding the cam belt change, he said he has a previous receipt for a timing belt change and a tensioner and was under the impression this is the same thing?!?!

I'll be looking to get a full service soon for piece of mind, and I'm not 100% sure about the rims so may well look to change them at some point.

Fingers crossed it is what he has promised it to be, I'm useless at cars so will not really be able to check much when I collect other than asking to drive it!

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Yay!

Timing belt = cambelt

Car looks familiar...
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    19-04-2016
    Country
    England
    Car
    Lgnm VR4 type S

I'm sure the cam belt and timing belt are the one and the same thing, it is advisable to have the water pump changed at the same time, so that may be worth a look......... if your going for a full service including all fluids, cam belt and water pump you could be looking £800-£1000 depending on garage........ advisable to use Amsoil for all fluids, it's a bit more pricey but it will last 2-3 times longer than anything else.

Congratulations, you seem to have picked up a bobby bargain......... enjoy.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

i know what you mean Nev.

Buy cheap as chip as long as there is nothing wrong with the carmake sure you check the error code before hand over the cash or better still evo scan it to make sure everything looks OK. but you should probably stipulated that as part of the sale before bidding.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

I wouldn't have a clue how to check the error codes or evo scan it etc. so if anyone lives local and wants to help out I'd be more than willing to pay fuel costs + take you for a pub meal or something to say thank you! (Car is in Trowbridge) Failing that I will just have to gamble on it, I don't have any knowledge or expertise I'm afraid

Name
    simon
    Last Online
    04-05-2015
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum PFL VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    A bit of confusion regarding the cam belt change, he said he has a previous receipt for a timing belt change and a tensioner and was under the impression this is the same thing?!?!
    They are different parts, timing belt = cam belt, tensioner = the bit that keeps it tight to prevent it slipping and causing many ££££'s of damage

£20 for CVR4 Membership, best money I've ever spent.
    Join here

Jan 2011
    New engine
    Feb 2011
    NJ special ECU - thanks John
    Momo steering wheel - thanks Steve
    Alloys - thanks Jay/Colin
    229bhp @0.4 bar (fix to follow)
    New boost solenoid
    Standard dumpvalve - cheers again Steve
    Decat 3"
    291.5 BHP @ 0.9 bar

Legnum VR4 S-spec

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by sy666 View Post
    They are different parts, timing belt = cam belt, tensioner = the bit that keeps it tight to prevent it slipping and causing many ££££'s of damage
    Yeah sorry I wasn't very clear there, was saying I was under the impression the timing belt was the same thing as the cam belt but the seller though it was something different!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I think I saw this car when the previous owner had it. Was it in Norfolk at one point? Seemed like a good car at the time but the 18s made it feel harsh and the seller wanted to get what he paid for them even though they were 6 months old.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Congrats on the purchase
    Nick

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

Is it worth doing one of these HPI checks? You seem to be able to get them for as little as 3 or 4 quid, are they a waste of time?!?

Also looking at getting RAC / AA cover to be on the safe side, there used to be some pretty good cashback deals on quidco

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum Ralliart

Bit late for the hpi check if you won the bid then surely you are commited to buying it. It's a cheap car if all's well with it,i'd make sure the tryes are inflated to the right pressures,the fronts look a bit flat to me. Good luck with it

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Is it worth doing one of these HPI checks? You seem to be able to get them for as little as 3 or 4 quid, are they a waste of time?!?

Also looking at getting RAC / AA cover to be on the safe side, there used to be some pretty good cashback deals on quidco
    Congrats looks like you have got a bargain. I would just get break down cover on you insurance. My experience with AA/RAC is they come have a look then tow you to the nearest garage then cost you a fortune.

At least break down cover gets you home then you can fined out whats wrong on here & get it fixed for half the price
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

I agree with Beastlee on the 18 inch wheels giving a harsh ride.
    If you consider getting rid of those wheels then give me a PM. I may well be interested in buying them off you for my other car.
    I also have a very good set of original pre-facelift Legnum 16 inch alloys with very very good tyres on them that I could throw into the deal if you'd like. I had these on the car for about 6 months (3000 miles, if that) and they were probably the best all-round wheel/tyre size combination I've had. Swapped them for 17 inchers which are nowhere near as comfy a drive. Bigger wheels may look nice but the ride quality just isn't the same as how Mr Mitsubishi intended.
    If you're interested or have any questions give me a shout.
    '97 Legnum VR-4 type S
    DONE - SARD 530cc injectors, SARD AFPR, FMIC, MAP2-ECU, Ralliart air filter & 'Special' MAF, Magnecor leads, NGK 7s, Polyeurethane engine mounts, New lash adjusters, RPW downpipes, Powerflow 3" full de-cat exhaust, Reconditioned turbos, Bespoke AYC gauge, SARD R2D2 BOV, CarPC with EvoScan, Fusion amp & InPhase sub, EBC Turbo grooved & dimpled brake discs, EBC red & green pads, HKS SuperForm Lowering springs, Hydraulic bonnet dampers, Momo steering wheel, Bespoke wideband AFR/Oil pressure gauge thingy, New wiper blades all round!, Amsoiled... woo hoo!
    Growling out 349ft/lb torque, 296 fly HP @ 0.9 bar

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

I'll give you a shout Alan when I've got the car home and had a chance to have a look at it. Can't wait, never been this excited about a car and I've had quite a few over the years!

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    22-03-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR-4

Pick the car up tomorrow, can't wait! Going to take it to Nick's on Saturday morning as long as his missus doesn't go into labour for a service & checkup!

Excited!!!

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Good luck.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Pick the car up tomorrow, can't wait! Going to take it to Nick's on Saturday morning as long as his missus doesn't go into labour for a service & checkup!

Excited!!!
    Sorry bud, see my thread in the priory. I'm going to have to give it a miss on Saturday i'm afraid. Hope you like the car tomorrow!