Matthew
    Last Online
    15-11-2010
    Country
    United States
    Car
    01 GTZ

Hello Fellow GVR4 owners

New to here, I have a 90 GSX gallant thats a convert and i used to own 477/2000 6g, I bought a 8g and i plan to convert it as as much as i love my current VR4 I am getting older and it just doesnt fit in with most people who are not in the know about VR4s and think im some broke ass kid with a loud annoying car. THUS i want to try to build myself an authentic (almost) 8g, I have a 01 GTZ i bought today and am trying to find a clip and a rear subframe there was one on ebay for a killer price but it is gone!!! doh! so i am in search of another. anyone know where i can source one? I need someone who can give me the hookup and ship me things to the states besides the clip!!! so with all that i look forward to talking with all of you and milking your vast knowledge of 8g galants.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    08-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ138
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    97 VR-4 + 05 R6
    My Garage
    Visit

Welcome to CVR4.
    OnBoost!

Why not become a full member of CVR4,and enjoy the additional benefits? Information here.

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

What exactly are you after, and planning to do? Full VR-4 conversion (i.e. powerplant & drivetrain) or just engine, or something else? the USDM 8Gs have a different suspension set-up which may cause issues with inserting the 4WD drivetrain (not to mention the transmission tunnel modification potentially required). Just putting the engine in might be somewhat easier, but still probably quite a bit of work. Guess that depends on how much work you'll be doing and/or how deep your pockets are! Good luck with it!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

its sounds like you have a big task ahead, well you have found the galant mecca, top guys on hear with alot of knowledge and help.
    good luck with your project!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Sounds like an interesting project - I'm looking forward to following the build. We can and will help with VR4 technical questions, but I'm not sure how helpfull we will be on the differences between JDM and USDM though.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi & welcome to CVR4.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    14-10-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Smart fortwo

hello and welcome aboard!!!!
    Best thing to do is come over here and buy one with the sterring wheel on the correct side!!!

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Turning a USDM into a VR4, the cars a massively different.
    Different suspension set up, different engine bay mountings etc etc etc the idea is there but it would cost far too much money and far too much time to do, and even then, I have heard some states can be very strict on conversions like this, it would be cheaper and easier to import a VR4 from the UK then convert it to LHD, or try and find a LHD VR4 in Europe and get it imported. But I am sure you are aware how difficult and expensive that would be already as VR4s aren't allowed to be imported in to the states IIRC something to do with emissions and being RHD.

You can however with a bit of chopping and cutting fit a VR4 front end, essentially, new lights, cut something in engine bay to fit lights, fit bonnet, fit grille, bumper requires some adjustment to fit and I think there is a template available to cut side repeaters into the front wings(fenders) the fixed mirrors can be replaced with the folding ones, I believe side skirts and and rear end is mostly the same so fits, and that isn't cheap to do, a full VR4 conversion, honestly would be cheaper to play with the 4G63 and look at a 4wd conversion which I believe has been done with Eclipse running gear?