Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Wellington's next meet

Hey guys,

Have been thinking on what we should do for our next meet?

Maybe get a Lake Ferry run in before the weather gets too bad for it?

J

Name
    Jan
    Last Online
    26-04-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Series 2 Legnum

What about a run to Palmerston Nth? It's been what a year since the last run there, and the Saddle Rd and Pahiatua track are good driving possibilities.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

I'm currently working on a route for a short blast up part of the old State Highway 52 but need to gather some info regarding distances and route alternatives before going into any further details...............

Watch this space...............

Name
    Quinton
    Last Online
    25-06-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Built VR4 Leggy

J why dont we get the club to issue you with Wellington Only regional meets then,seen as all yours seem to hover around the big blower....
    Rob has a good point,but then again who am i to say maby we should have a meet more central for ALL not just the Blower residents
    IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

look at auckland,theyr massive and have alot of functions and aswell alot of people turn up,and the venues vary too,(moari by nature) you do a very good job at organising these events ,my hat off to you

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    13-08-2021
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2000 VR4 Leg MT

I would be keen for palmy, castlepoint or lake ferry or something along those lines. Definately wouldnt go as far as taupo or napier with petrol prices the way they are and they are only set to rise. The Vr4 is only for special occasions as it is

Name
    Zal
    Last Online
    25-11-2017
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Evo V, WRX Wag

Napier would be cool aswell and most of the roads that lead there are pretty good too.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by VR4WGN View Post
    J why dont we get the club to issue you with Wellington Only regional meets then,seen as all yours seem to hover around the big blower....
    Rob has a good point,but then again who am i to say maby we should have a meet more central for ALL not just the Blower residents
    IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

look at auckland,theyr massive and have alot of functions and aswell alot of people turn up,and the venues vary too,(moari by nature) you do a very good job at organising these events ,my hat off to you
    Q,

I was just putting ideas out there, and I didnt say anywhere that Lake Ferry was the only option did I?

I will re-organise the Tui meet again, but later on in the year(as stated before)...

Getting Taupo and Napier events organised over the whole club is an interesting task, so it does take time and planning... There are things in the works so please bear with us

And WTF is with the Blower comments?????

J
    Last edited by CANDEE; 28-02-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by VR4 MAD View Post
    I'm currently working on a route for a short blast up part of the old State Highway 52 but need to gather some info regarding distances and route alternatives before going into any further details...............

Wynn and I have done part of this route before. Once Wynn sort out his computer he will post up the different options...

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Quote Originally Posted by CANDEE View Post

And WTF is with the Blower comments?????
    Not quite sure either but if I had to guess, I'd say that it is a reference to Wellington's wind? (Either that or all the political hot air that emanates from there).

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by VR4WGN View Post
    IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

Well Q, there's nothing to stop you and your fellow 'Balmy Palmy crew' from starting a thread to suggest a meet up somewhere other than a venue/location that is close to good old 'Windy Welly'. As has been proven in the past, the Welly crew is quite capable and willing to travel up to your area to meet up with you guys. And you obviously see the threads Jeremy, as our (Wellington Area) event organiser posts up about up coming events but I can't remember you guys coming down here to join in the events he's organised.

Remember too, his official position is more of a 'facilitator' than that of event organiser. He doesn't have sole responsibility to think of the ideas for events, then go arrange and organise the event, and run it on the day. Those are the club members jobs, he's just there to co-ordinate things to ensure scheduled event dates don't clash, liaise with the club committee over funding etc.

Jeremy has organised a number of events, all of which have been well run and attended by 'the locals' from around Welly. But organising things further afield, in towns other than Wellington, is asking a bit much as he isn't familar with venues/places to go or things to do. Which gets us right back to where I started this post, that is you guys needing to step up and firstly put up some suggestions of things to do or places to go outside Wellington. And then to come to the party and offer to, at the very least, help arrange things locally. Jeremy and I will do our best to mobilse the 'troops' this end to get up to support your suggested event.

Please don't critise without having firstly shown a willingness to show your support for the Club events he has organised previously, something you haven't done, yet you expect us to organize an event for you guys, from down here and then also expect us to travel up there when you haven't done the same in the past for events down here ...................... no fair.............

The 'Tui Brewery Run' is now an annual event which is our attempt to have something more central to the area Jeremy finds himself as 'event organiser' for but without a bigger group of members to cater for up your way, the majority of events are always going to be centered around the larger group of members here in Wellington, if for no other reason than to help ensure we can get enough people along to make the effort to get the event up and going worth while, as well enjoyable enough so people will want to go.

Your praise of the Auckland organiser fails to recognise and take into account the fact those events are IN AUCKLAND, which leaves the Hamilton members in just the same situation you find yourself in and are complaining about. I don't see you giving them any thought when holding Auckland's events up as the example we should all be following................. Sorry RANT OVER...............

Just my two cents worth............

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

ok beeen staring at the screen for 3 hours, now what?

day dreaming of 13b's , huge ports and suicide doors, and a few other things too I cant say here.

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    Im not sure he has sorted his comp yet... He still has to work all the distances out for us to make an informed decision on routes etc.

Name
    Jan
    Last Online
    26-04-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Series 2 Legnum

I have a suggestion for a future run "The Gentle Annie" road between Taihape and Napier. 150km of very twisty narrow road. Plus it is all sealed now, so no need for an Evo rally car to run it anymore.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Oh great, just what we need.................... another bl**dy comedian................ LOL

Sorry all my time tonight went on venting my spleen at some people who seem quick to critise and slow to step forward to do something to put things they thick wrong, right.

As soon as I get this PC to do as it's told, I'll get the info up.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik123 View Post
    I have a suggestion for a future run "The Gentle Annie" road between Taihape and Napier. 150km of very twisty narrow road. Plus it is all sealed now, so no need for an Evo rally car to run it anymore.
    Nice suggestion Jan but one has to wonder just how many people would actually go on such a run as that. You are talking several hundred km to get there, another 150km over the 'Gentle Annie' road and then the same distance home again. Total cost on gas = huge.

Also, I am assuming you intend this to be a one day event and not an over nighter? If not, then accommodation costs will just add to the total cost, making it even harder for people to afford to go.

Maybe as part of a 'National' CVR4 weekend meet in Taupo, we could do that but as a one off I'd be surprised if, come the day to go, you would find many actually heading away. The cost would be just prohibitive for many.

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

my fave road trip is... te awamutu down state highway 3 to wanga's i really enjoy it in the summer when there is a setting sun over the ocean. then pull up grab some "fush ond cheps " and down it with a nice cold coke to cut the grease away while the sun goes down ont he horizen(sp?).

but I dont like the idea cruising to te awamutu just for that lol.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    14-01-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    99 legnum vr4,

What about manfield race track? When's their next open day??

Also thanks J for sorting the dyno day, just wish I didn't have to fix the car really wanted to see what power the beast had.

P.S My little girl loved being there to vrrroomm vrrroomm.
    I only speed when i overtake, so i don't spend to much time on the wrong side of the road!!!!!

Name
    Jeremy
    Last Online
    29-05-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    98 VR4 | 01 CF4

Ryan, They dont have open days as such.. Usually you go with someone like Playdays on Track.

Wynn, Pierre & I have been on them and are great days, but they prob wont have anymore till mid year or later...

No worries re the dyno day, was good to catch up with ya.

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-02-2017
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2003 Blue rx8

Oh great, just what we need.................... another bl**dy comedian................ LOL

Sorry all my time tonight went on venting my spleen at some people who seem quick to critise and slow to step forward to do something to put things they thick wrong, right.

As soon as I get this PC to do as it's told, I'll get the info up.

Sorry could not resist that one.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Sorry could not resist that one.
    No worries ............... I walked straight into that one anyway........... LOL

Right here is the suggested route for a run up through the Wairarapa. Total distance from BP Melling up to Dannevirke and return is 425km.

There are several variations possible with shorter total distances if this was considered too far or would take too long.............

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast