Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

Yes I think one could tune the 6a13 NA engine for better fuel economy too same way, have tried it with the vr4 too.
    -00 Galant Vr4 Type-V
    + Equipped with Type-S arches, genuine wind deflectors. only thing missing is the sunroof
    + Red interior with recaro front seats
    + Momo steering wheel
    + 600x300 FMIC, Custom hardpipes
    + Custom Downpipe+ Fujitsubo Legalis Super R slighlty modified/Custom catback + custom decat + Custom air intake with big K&N cone filter
    + BC Racing Coilovers
    + Advan RCII 17"x7,5 rims
    + Flexifuel /Gasoline + Ethanol E85, 850 cc injectors
    + Manual conversion with evo clutch (a standard clutch)
    + 2 x TD04-13T
    + Adam's 262 -cams
    + Xenon -projectors
    + Carbon fibre hood
    + About 450bhp/ 570Nm at the moment....with stock internals and clutch...

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

Anymore info on this topic??? i would love to know if the N/A v6 can be tweeked for more power

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Adam,

Yes the N/A V6 can be reflashed now, I did make a post about how I managed to make a definition with Lauri (lateshow)'s help for a N/A V6 7202 ECU, but it appears to have disappeared..

Here's the definition and stock image to get started

Dropbox mirror: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36481366/ECU/v6%207202.zip
    Want your car tuning? Here's my pricing
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Grant
    Last Online
    20-05-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum 2.5

Hi,

A couple of questions:

1. Can you use any software to view fuel usage in L/100kms on the N/A V6?
    2. On a Japanese engine - does the Hi Octane map refer to 91RON like we have here in NZ or would it be more like BP Ultimate 98?
    3. Is it possible to modify the A/F ratio to point at something higher like 15 or 16:1 on the N/As?

Cheers

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

jason, will this mean you can remap the ECU now? if so what would the cost be? and also what will the BHP be after?

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by adamvortex View Post
    jason, will this mean you can remap the ECU now? if so what would the cost be? and also what will the BHP be after?
    Hi Adam, yes it's possible, however there won't be major gains, we're only talking a few HP at most (165~ hp).

If you had some supporting mods (decat or sports cat, performance panel filter) and the car is generally in good health, you may get somewhere around the 170-175 HP, that's pushing it pretty hard*

Cost is £30/hr and shouldn't take more than 2 hours.

* If pushed too far it'll actually make less power (post-MBT), possibly even some knock, mapping N/A cars is purely fuelling and timing so is a more involving process, running a higher octane fuel may help
    Last edited by foxdie; 12-02-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Revised some wording to be clearer about the nature of NA remapping

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

Cheers J, my car has done 84k got std exhaust system which is on the cards to be changed, std air filter again I will get round to that. I run it on Tesco's 99 and have done since I bought it just over a year ago, I must admit I have noticed the MPG has got better with that fuel. would the re-flash make it even better for MPG?
    Its such a shame that the v6 N/A engine cant have more power really, I know its not a bad engine std, Mitsubishi should have made it around the 190-200BHP mark. I think the UK ones are only 160BHP std?
    I wonder if that engine could be supercharged running fairly low boost just to give it a little bit more?

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

You need a wideband to tune it properly lads! An expert tuner here in Finland says that you can tune it to 13 AFR on full throttle. The standard maps indicate that it may run much richer than that. And another fact: There were slight differences when it comes to ignition with the 163 bhp and 170 bhp models.

For fuel consumption you should buy the UTCOMP. (Although dont recommend it in cold areas like Finland but England will do)

For better fuel economy you may trie to run it a bit leaner (although havent found open loop maps) and use bigger advance load 0-70 and rpm 0-3000.

And the rom id didnt work or did it?

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Cheers J, my car has done 84k got std exhaust system which is on the cards to be changed, std air filter again I will get round to that. I run it on Tesco's 99 and have done since I bought it just over a year ago, I must admit I have noticed the MPG has got better with that fuel. would the re-flash make it even better for MPG?
    Its such a shame that the v6 N/A engine cant have more power really, I know its not a bad engine std, Mitsubishi should have made it around the 190-200BHP mark. I think the UK ones are only 160BHP std?
    I wonder if that engine could be supercharged running fairly low boost just to give it a little bit more?
    Hi again Adam,

I'd recommend changing the exhaust and filter before a remap, that way you'll get the most gains. Running Tesco 99 is good, the higher octane fuel will help towards preventing knock, and yes remapping will make it slightly more economical on cruise.

The N/A Galant V6 can be anywhere between 156-162 HP on paper, I've had a theory for a while now that we could possibly squeeze 200 HP out of the N/A cars by fitting DOHC heads from a VR-4 engine.

Supercharging isn't worth it to be honest, far too much cost involved vs the returns, you'd be better just fitting a VR-4 engine to the car, granted it'll still be FWD and wheelspin like a bitch, but it's been done numerous times (look at The Vee's posts ).

Name
    adam
    Last Online
    05-02-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 elegance

Thanks again jason for the very helpful info! Its very interesting to see what can or can't be done with the v6 n/a

yeah i know what your saying about the other bits vr4 head etc, with all that work and hassle i would always opt for just buying a vr4

Name
    Grant
    Last Online
    20-05-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum 2.5

If they made it 200HP then less people would have opted for the Vr4 (no reason why they couldn't have made it more powerful - nissan RB25DE and 2.5 Cefiro motor make around 200hp). Great sounding V6 though

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    11-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Mazda 6 MPS

Iv always thought that for a 2.5 V6 the HP is very low. I had mine on the rollers at 177HP with very few mods. Would be interested in a remap if it means either more HP or better MPG though

Name
    Grant
    Last Online
    20-05-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by sonicsoundzdj View Post
    Iv always thought that for a 2.5 V6 the HP is very low. I had mine on the rollers at 177HP with very few mods. Would be interested in a remap if it means either more HP or better MPG though
    Better MPG would be good - I get around 400kms a tank around town and I got 600km from a tank during a very long trip - I'm thinking of the AFR mod or similar...

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

AFR mod to around 15.6 should be quite practical on the N/A V6, plus increasing timing a couple of degrees in the cruise areas should gain you an extra 3-4 MPG easy.

Name
    Grant
    Last Online
    20-05-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    AFR mod to around 15.6 should be quite practical on the N/A V6, plus increasing timing a couple of degrees in the cruise areas should gain you an extra 3-4 MPG easy.
    Thanks for your response foxdie - what is the best way to go about modifying AFRs?

Also, does EvoScan work with the N/A v6s? I would like to modify the timing etc and view fuel economy output.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    27-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by darth_grantius View Post
    Thanks for your response foxdie - what is the best way to go about modifying AFRs?

Also, does EvoScan work with the N/A v6s? I would like to modify the timing etc and view fuel economy output.
    The best way to modify cruise AFR is to use a wideband controller, such as an Innovate MTX-L, and configure its narrowband output to have 15.6 at it's 0.5V point.

Evoscan should work with N/A V6's, it'll either be as MUT-II or OBD-II, not sure which. You won't be able to modify the timing nor tune the ECU with it, just log / read output.

Name
    Grant
    Last Online
    20-05-2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    The best way to modify cruise AFR is to use a wideband controller, such as an Innovate MTX-L, and configure its narrowband output to have 15.6 at it's 0.5V point.

Evoscan should work with N/A V6's, it'll either be as MUT-II or OBD-II, not sure which. You won't be able to modify the timing nor tune the ECU with it, just log / read output.
    i might give this a go actually. I also read this in the workshop manual:

When the engine is cold or operated at high altitudes, the ignition timing is slightly advanced to provide optimum performance.

Would modifying the output of the barometric sensor be a benefit?

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    01-08-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EA0 V6-24

Hello, i have a short Question..

Is it possible to deactivate the Immobilizer with ECUflash? Cuz i know someone who has a OP2 cable, and i use a alert in my car and dont wanna spend 100€+ for a key with chip.. and i have only one

Thanks

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galant_martin View Post
    Hello, i have a short Question..

Is it possible to deactivate the Immobilizer with ECUflash? Cuz i know someone who has a OP2 cable, and i use a alert in my car and dont wanna spend 100€+ for a key with chip.. and i have only one

Thanks
    yes should be, download the ROM and send it to me/upload it. I'll create you a def that you can use to control this.

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    01-08-2013
    Country
    Other
    Car
    EA0 V6-24

@ BCX

Thanks, great! another question is, do i need only the OBD2 connector from the OP2 cable to download and flash or do i need the mitsubishi reflash connector too?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast