Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Ken, this is spot on.

I managed to get half an hour to play a few hours and I noticed the ECU was receiving the converted signal (so it seeing 40 KPH = Vehicle travelling at 40 MPH), so I lowered the switch speed to 8 KPH and it appears to have resolved the issues... (I say that, I also enabled NTLS but set the bitmask in such a way that the ECU always thinks the cars in gear so it won't ever activate NTLS).

Just need to work on my launches now, here's another EvoScan log from a quick bogged launch I made on the way home from work

bogged-launch.png

Sent $25 USD your way to say thanks
    Last edited by foxdie; 12-09-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Tomek
    Last Online
    22-06-2014
    Country
    Other
    Car
    legnum 2002

Hi Kenneth.
    In your ROM we have KS Fuel Map and KS Ignition Map(EMKS11).
    But we also have another Fuel and Ignition Map (VR4Base) which is not the same as KS maps. ( other value)
    Both maps are operating at once or just yours?
    APEXI Induction Kit, ECU Remap, PRISM rods; Wiseco Pistons 8,5:1, Manual conversion, HKS twin plate clutsch, HKS DLI Twin power Ignition Amplifier; HKS SSQV III, SARD Limited FPR, 2 x fuel pump 340lph, Magnecor 8,5mm, 2xTD04HL-19T, HKS HYBRID PF, Downpipe 2,5>3,5", 2xEGT, Innovite AFR + Turbotimer, BOOST, OIL TEMP, OIL PRESURE, VOLT's, Batery relokation, Super Ground System, Full Head Porting, injectors 750cc, NGK Irydium Sparks, 600x300x90 Intercooler, Hardpipe, APEXI cooler cap, MOCAL Engine oil cooler, MK Gearbox oil cooler, NEW ENGINE, MILLERS OILS, ROTA TORQUE 18", BREMBO 4P 355mm two pices, Steel brake hoses, Tytanium exhaust wrap, TEIN suspension, methanol injection, IC water sprayer,

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

The ECU will only use one set of fuel maps at a time. In my ROM, it will use my maps only.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Ken, got some feature requests (in order of preference), for each of these that are implemented reliably I will donate another 50 NZD

1. Switchable maps

There's 2 tables each for both high and low octane ratings (I believe this is for manual / auto gearboxes) for fuel / timing / load aka boost, I'd like to be able to choose which tables get used by flicking a switch, I believe this has already been added in Evo ROMs so it may be an easy port.

2. Live tuning

This may be quite difficult, however it appears to have been implemented on as far back as Evo IV's (so hopefully that covers 7202s / 7203s), this would be a great must-have as having to stop the car to reflash every time I want to make a change and clearing the idle adjust (causing potentially dangerous stalling) is a big headache.

3. Valet Mode

For when you need to leave your vehicle with untrusted people like at a garage or when it's being valeted, this will set WGDC to 0% and change the rev limiter to a much lower figure such as 2500-3000 RPM to prevent abuse.

Again this has been implemented in Tephra Mod so may be an easy port. I particularly like the feature to have it enabled / disabled by holding your foot on the accelerator for a few seconds before cranking the engine to enable / disable the feature, it'd be nice to leave it on permanently (and therefore, you have to always hold your foot on the accelerator for 5 seconds to "unlock" the cars power) so that if the car was stolen, they're not gonna outrun the police

Name
    Tomek
    Last Online
    22-06-2014
    Country
    Other
    Car
    legnum 2002

Quote Originally Posted by foxdie View Post
    Ken, got some feature requests (in order of preference), for each of these that are implemented reliably I will donate another 50 NZD

1. Switchable maps

There's 2 tables each for both high and low octane ratings (I believe this is for manual / auto gearboxes) for fuel / timing / load aka boost, I'd like to be able to choose which tables get used by flicking a switch, I believe this has already been added in Evo ROMs so it may be an easy port.

2. Live tuning

This may be quite difficult, however it appears to have been implemented on as far back as Evo IV's (so hopefully that covers 7202s / 7203s), this would be a great must-have as having to stop the car to reflash every time I want to make a change and clearing the idle adjust (causing potentially dangerous stalling) is a big headache.

3. Valet Mode

For when you need to leave your vehicle with untrusted people like at a garage or when it's being valeted, this will set WGDC to 0% and change the rev limiter to a much lower figure such as 2500-3000 RPM to prevent abuse.

Again this has been implemented in Tephra Mod so may be an easy port. I particularly like the feature to have it enabled / disabled by holding your foot on the accelerator for a few seconds before cranking the engine to enable / disable the feature, it'd be nice to leave it on permanently (and therefore, you have to always hold your foot on the accelerator for 5 seconds to "unlock" the cars power) so that if the car was stolen, they're not gonna outrun the police
    Hi.
    In tephra mode, when we changing maps icon lights up on the dashboard.
    This is very helpful to not confuse the map if one of them is a map of methanol.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by kochajj View Post
    Hi.
    In tephra mode, when we changing maps icon lights up on the dashboard.
    This is very helpful to not confuse the map if one of them is a map of methanol.
    That would be handy, however there is only one dashboard light that the Engine ECU has control over and that's the CEL

I'm not sure if we can hook up additional outputs to our ECUs, anyone know?

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

2. Live tuning

I beleive the evo 4 ecu's are not to dissimilar to the 7201 processor as a guy I work with had an evo 4 and had to switch to a evo 5 ecu to get flashable tuning. and evo i think 7 or 8 onwards are live tuning capable as i beleive this is to be the next release for evoscan.

and to kenneth is there any plan to implement map sensor? to delete the AFM. with christmas holidays coming up some full time work will result in a donation towards your purposes

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Findlay View Post
    I beleive the evo 4 ecu's are not to dissimilar to the 7201 processor as a guy I work with had an evo 4 and had to switch to a evo 5 ecu to get flashable tuning. and evo i think 7 or 8 onwards are live tuning capable as i beleive this is to be the next release for evoscan.
    This is why I said it might not be so simple, Evo 4-6 can have it with a SH2 based ECU (ie. installing a Evo 7-8 ECU in it), I'm hoping with a bit of work it'd be possible on ours

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Findlay View Post
    and to kenneth is there any plan to implement map sensor? to delete the AFM. with christmas holidays coming up some full time work will result in a donation towards your purposes
    Well, he can always use the secondary o2 sensor input for the MAP sensor, just need to find a stable +5V output to power it

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

MAP would be awesome for me - it's going to be difficult to find an adequate place to position a the MAF in my Anglia

Name
    Tomek
    Last Online
    22-06-2014
    Country
    Other
    Car
    legnum 2002

That would be handy, however there is only one dashboard light that the Engine ECU has control over and that's the CEL

I'm not sure if we can hook up additional outputs to our ECUs, anyone know?
    I think that the computer does not have to directly control the light on the dashboard.
    This can make the 2 position switch.

Ken, it is posible control fuel maps as the LC??
    In one position switch lets the ground to PIN X = FUEL MAP 1, in the second position the pin Y = Fuel maps 2 ?????

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

it isn't so easy to port the tephra mods to H8 because the H8 is fairly different. In saying that, it is easier than doing them from scratch.

There is a reason why there is no live mapping on H8. There is not enough RAM. There may be enough free to have one fuel or ignition map in memory at a time but that is it.

I haven't yet looked at seeing if there are spare outputs which can be used.

Speed density shouldn't be excessively difficult, just takes time. (especially since Ceddy has already done it for Evo H8)

While your offer is nice to see Jason, $50 (or $100 for the 2 "doable" mods) is less than 4 hours of me working at my job, 2 or less if I were doing something outside of work for people. Or I can sit back and let one of the Australian tuners give me $50 per tune he does without getting out of bed
    To put things in perspective, you are offering the equivalent of an ice cream as incentive to fully detail my car. A nice treat for something I should and will eventually get around to doing, but not a lot in the way of motivation unfortunately.

Unfortunately that has also been influenced by the last offer (i.e. the thread "who wants to make some money") where the person never made any effort to keep up their offer.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Ken,

I understand where you're coming from, I tried to offer as much of my monthly disposable income as I could and I'm hoping others in the club will contribute as well to get these features added to the 720x ECUs too.

Anyone else with me?

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

Ken if you could txt me when your free with your bank acc num i will deposit 100-150 towards MAP sensor implemntation (depending on tomorrows pay check ) also for the use of your launch control rom.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum Type S M

"Speed density shouldn't be excessively difficult, just takes time. (especially since Ceddy has already done it for Evo H8)
    I should and will eventually get around to doing, but not a lot in the way of motivation unfortunately"

Also, I understand that its a donation towards the development and not paying for a immediate product, theese things take time, all of your efforts are much appreciated by myself and im sure many others especially as all of this programming business if far over my head, my brain is definatly more mechanicaly orentaited..

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Am I right in presuming that, even if we could access a serial SRAM IC such as this (should store all the tables and more!) with a spare GPIO, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to read it as quickly as the ECU would require it?

Name
    Bill
    Last Online
    20-07-2022
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    2000 Galant

I reckon i could have something in the works for valet mode and some other mods... just working with Kenneth on a few things. I dont want to step on Kenneths's toes with this - thats all.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

My current (started this morning) project is map switching. There is a fairly simple way of being able to switch between 2 maps, but I don't think that is very flexible.

So this is my plan

4 sets of maps/variables

• High Octane Fuel
    • Low Octane Fuel
    • High Octane Ign
    • Low Octane Ign
    • Ign Warmup
    • Target load High Octane
    • Target Load Low Octane
    • Wastegate Duty High Octane
    • Wastegate Duty Low Octane
    • Load Limit
    • Injector Size
    • RPM Limit
    • Speed Limit On
    • Speed Limit Off
    • KS Mods Setup

Some of these are not really needed but will be useful for going with alternative fuels (E85 for example).

There will be a routine which, for each map set, takes a number of input addresses (ECU Memory, up to 16 though 1-3 should be enough) and checks them against values for validation. If all pass then the input bits will be masked (as currently done for NLTS and LC) for any external switches.

This will be done up to 3 times. The first map set which passes will be the current working set. If none match, then the 4th will be used.

In theory this will allow the use of Valet mode as one map set, LC can use another and all sorts of stuff. So long as you don't need Valet Mode, LC Petrol, Std Petrol, LC E85 and Std E85 then you should be ok.

If you need more sets of maps, that can potentially be done but it will mean mapping outside of the 0-4000/10000-14000 range which, in theory, isn't ideal.

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

Sounds great Kenneth. I still need to get my ECU over to you sometime soon with a donation towards costs

I know you mentioned that you just put the larger maps somewhere else - could you not just pull timing on all points of the standard maps and use these for valet mode? Would save some space on the ECU?

Name
    Trent
    Last Online
    08-11-2021
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Legnum (Manual)

Or just have a 3000RPM rev limiter as valet mode.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

How many people would really use Valet mode? It implies you are giving your car to someone you don't trust...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast