Bowen
    Last Online
    26-11-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 legnum vr4

Unhappy Window seals on doors need help please

hey does any one that owns a legnum vr4 or standard legnum the door seals against the windows do yours sit against the window ? so if you put your window down when its raining does it wipe the water off like a window wiper so then you can see through it?...i dont know if mine are broken or what because when i put my window down it doesnt clear the water off it so they are not sitting that close and then that leads me to my next questions...i have just about finished putting in new speakers in the doors and how my seals are not close to the window a lot of water comes down the door i know a little does but i seem to get abit just wondering if any other legnum owners have struck this before ? is it just a matter of getting new window seals..cheers for any help on this

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Mine are the same - think most are

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Mine too. On both cars. If I really want to get rid of the water while in the car, I gently push de window out while it goes up/down.

Name
    Bowen
    Last Online
    26-11-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 legnum vr4

hey thanks guys for replying i took another look at it today as it was raining again here in NZ whats new lol...and i saw that the rubber seal has another seal lower down and it looks like it sits hard up against the window when its up but when i put window down it sorta backed away...so im scratching my head as to why so much water comes down if its a good seal...i then followed along the window of the seal and noticed at either end of the seal it doesnt continue all the way along it stops short??..is that were the water is getting in...do your guys cars have that the seal stops short at both ends? cheers for you help and knowledge much appreciated...and hoping to sign up very soon cant wait

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Have a look at this thread for a very cheap easy fix...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...t=guess+rubber

I used the same trick on my car as the passenger side glass never touched the seal. Put some rubber tube in the door and sorted!
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

i was just about to chuk a link up to that thread atik, you beat me to it.

if you want to by new originals form mitsi it is about £40 a side.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Bowen
    Last Online
    26-11-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 legnum vr4

wow thanks again i did try and search but not looking in the right places...ok am going to give this ago now you know how the window seal has a seal lower down against the window does this bit of rubber go in the middle of that and the top??..

Name
    Rob
    Last Online
    31-08-2014
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 VR4 Legnum

Hey Bowen,

I just discovered this problem as well. I had the door panels off to fit some speakers and noticed while driving in the rain that water was dripping down a fair bit on to where the speakers were going to go. Did exactly what you did and noticed the second lower seal against the window stops about 1/2 a cm before the front of the glass. This means water runs along in the channel then just goes straight in to the door. How did you fix this? Replacement part or home fix-it job?
    Or just leave as is? (I know you posted this a while back. I hope you can remember what you did.)

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Rob, if you can get some rubber tube into the top seal, you dont even have to worry about the one lower down. See the link I posted back in post number 5 for more info. Very easy fix in my opinion.

Name
    Rob
    Last Online
    31-08-2014
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    1998 VR4 Legnum

Thanks Atik,
    I'll source some tube at a hardware store tomorrow and give this a try. I should be able to cut it so it goes the full length of the window instead of falling short at both ends.
    I've got new speakers going in all doors on Tuesday, so hopefully this will keep them dry (ish). I'm sure some water will still get in, but shouldn't pour in as it has been.
    Thanks again for the link.

I'll post some shots of the new gear once it's installed. Touchscreen double din headunit should look awesome.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

No probs. You can get all sorts of tubes, but I found that the tubes you get for the washer/wiper fluids was good enough for it. There are softer tubes such as air lines for aquariums, which may be better in my opinion as they will flex against the glass movement a bit better.