Ever since I got my Legnum the back section of the exhaust has been blowing slightly (OK almost 2 years...) - I wasn't 100% sure which gasket had gone, so I went around replacing all the easy ones until one was left, sort of a squashed circle shape. So not an off the shelf item.

So I spent a few weeks going through the internet and phoning up custom exhaust makers, no joy. Eventually I found this company in Bradford called Dobson Gasket - their main business is industrial machinery gaskets, but they do make custom car ones also. On their website there is a detailed review in a Land Rover magazine all about their quality work.

Deciding they must be able to provide what I wanted I phoned them up, £7 later plus £10 next day courier (could have used Royal Mail) it was delivered the next day.

As I said my gasket was a squashed circle shape, so there was no way they were going to replicate this without me taking the old one off and posting it to them - or emailing specks, both ways they offered. But as expected when I did replace the gasket the old one just fell apart so I couldn't have drawn around it and put the old one back in whilst waiting for the replacement. So i ordered a ft square sheet with a pre-cut 2.75" whole through the middle. So with a bit of work with a pillar drill and a knife the new one was fabricated to shape.

The gasket material itself is very good quality and I can't see it degrading any time soon, was very tough to cut through it. I was going to send back the old one to make a properly cut gasket made up, but for now there is no point and the sill is air tight.

Their website is: http://www.dobsongasket.com/