Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I have now attached the files, good luck everyone
    Yay

Ken:

Have you investigated the minor WGDC issues reported by shtiv?

Also, whats the recommended way to set load target above 159 on this ROM? Now we've reached a public release status, I'd like to push it even further

Everyone else:

Please keep in mind this is serious stuff, unless you REALLY know what you're doing here ask one of us for help. As with all tuning, you could really f*** up your car if you don't know what you're doing. If in doubt, ask questions here and one of us will help it all make sense

Also, if anyone wants to know how to implement Anti-Lag / Launch Control / Valet mode let me know
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

Steve confirmed that the ROM is working as per standard (i.e. same behaviour as standard regardless of which map is on) so that should not be an issue.

Target load = Target Load lookup + Boost Desired Load Adder

The standard adder value is 40. 159 + 40 = 199. If you want to go further forward, just increase the adder and adjust your target load lookup.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

The standard adder value is 40. 159 + 40 = 199. If you want to go further forward, just increase the adder and adjust your target load lookup.
    Now you see I've tried that, I've set BDLA as high as 80 but it still error corrects to 159, it's good for a stable 1.0 bar boost through nearly all of the rev range but we know the TD03's are good for a little more.

I'll post up an EvoScan graph when I get home, just taken the puppy for his first vet trip

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Okay here we go;

Screen shot 2012-03-17 at 14.20.49.png
    • The leftmost 2D table is the Target Engine Load with the 1D table above it it showing which 2D table is selected for the current map
    • The rightmost 2D table is the Wastegate Duty Cycle with the 1D table above it it showing which 2D table is selected for the current map
    • The bottom 1D table shows exactly what I've got my Boost Desired Load Adder set to

As you can see, I've got target load set to 159 from around 3000 RPM onwards with plenty duty cycle to help build boost, that plus the 80% BDLA it should be trying to make close to 240. I'm willing to accept that maybe the turbos would start to run out of "puff" after 5500 RPM, still, you can see the WGDC doesn't change a fat lot despite the load error remaining roughly constant.

Thoughts?

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

Are you sure you are on the right map? Are you using the definition I uploaded yesterday? (If not, I suggest you do as I have no intention of supporting the "testing" version)

Your load and WGDC look to be related to each other, just not to the numbers in the tables.

I guarantee you it isn't the ROM modifications.

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

One question to you guys: Do you have the RE85 or E85 ethanol fuel in your countries ? We have here in Finland and a buch of people or actually to be honest one person has managed to create this flexifuel software for evo 8-9 ecus. It has 255 interpolation values but I was thinking that maybe these 8 values would somehow be adequate for flexifuel system if the map changes could be triggered by an ethanol detector (this system has been done for the evos already)
    -00 Galant Vr4 Type-V
    + Equipped with Type-S arches, genuine wind deflectors. only thing missing is the sunroof
    + Red interior with recaro front seats
    + Momo steering wheel
    + 600x300 FMIC, Custom hardpipes
    + Custom Downpipe+ Fujitsubo Legalis Super R slighlty modified/Custom catback + custom decat + Custom air intake with big K&N cone filter
    + BC Racing Coilovers
    + Advan RCII 17"x7,5 rims
    + Flexifuel /Gasoline + Ethanol E85, 850 cc injectors
    + Manual conversion with evo clutch (a standard clutch)
    + 2 x TD04-13T
    + Adam's 262 -cams
    + Xenon -projectors
    + Carbon fibre hood
    + About 450bhp/ 570Nm at the moment....with stock internals and clutch...

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Are you sure you are on the right map? Are you using the definition I uploaded yesterday? (If not, I suggest you do as I have no intention of supporting the "testing" version)
    I'm still using the test ROM from a few months ago.

At the time that graph was taken, it was using Map 3, I determined this by logging MUT request BD which I have set to return address 0xF645, applying the scaling x+1 (as per this thread).

The 2D tables above show which 3D tables to use respectively, including those tables. In short, what you see in those tables should be the applied values when the graphs were taken.

Have you changed anything between that release and the one you published yesterday? Edit - Yes something has changed;

MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - alpha/ECU KS Mods V2.0.hex) = 6fea40bb6a1eef91c20103ae32f20ab9
    MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - alpha/EMKS12.xml) = d8d9d4d01fe23b6c2c3c4a0ebe7d30b8
    MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - alpha/KSModsBase.xml) = 3f10e9d253b88b30384f5a020aad3397

MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - beta/ECU KS Mods EMKS12.hex) = b86f201858ae547fe6fb24e93e848560
    MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - beta/EMKS12.xml) = 3e82e45c8e654d07002ddce3bf5533ae
    MD5 (ECU KS Mods V2.0 - beta/KSModsBase.xml) = 14fae458f249a6b23dd3601d7bcbfd37
    Ken can you clarify whats changed? Both ROM and Definitions have changed since release, defs appear to have been cleaned up but curious about the ROM

Your load and WGDC look to be related to each other, just not to the numbers in the tables.
    Exactly, I found this curious, that's why I tried upping BDLA to see if it'd "push past" it. It's got me baffled, happy to send you my edited copy of the ROM.

I guarantee you it isn't the ROM modifications.
    Yeah I'm 99% with you on that, probably something silly has been overlooked somewhere, probably by me
    Last edited by foxdie; 17-03-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Appended info

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Quote Originally Posted by lateshow View Post
    One question to you guys: Do you have the RE85 or E85 ethanol fuel in your countries ? We have here in Finland and a buch of people or actually to be honest one person has managed to create this flexifuel software for evo 8-9 ecus. It has 255 interpolation values but I was thinking that maybe these 8 values would somehow be adequate for flexifuel system if the map changes could be triggered by an ethanol detector (this system has been done for the evos already)
    In New Zealand we have E10 (10% ethanol, 90% 95RON) which is sold at the pump with a 98RON rating.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Updated my post above to reflect comparing releases with MD5 tool.

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

We have E85 in NZ. As far as I know it is only available through one outlet though. Fortunately I don't live too far from it. One of these days ill go get some and see how it goes.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes, this way of map switching could do all of that.
    You can configure a number of fuel and ignition maps (also injector size if necessary) to work with ethanol. How you switch them is totally up to you. If you have an ethanol sensor which can be used to trigger an input on the ECU, it could very easily be automatic.

If you were so inclined and didn't care about high/low octane mapping, you could, in theory, run up to 8 different fuels.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    26-04-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legacy 3.0R

We have E85 in NZ. As far as I know it is only available through one outlet though. Fortunately I don't live too far from it. One of these days ill go get some and see how it goes.
    Ahh yes, that Exx too - it is Gull Force Pro and is available from Gull Melville (Hamilton). 110RON http://www.gull.co.nz/fuel-products/gull-force-pro/

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

foxdie and kenneth: We already have a system that can give you voltage 0-5V depending on the amount of ethanol in the fuel. Would it be hard to connect this to an analog input and the modify the KS 2.0 to use this value to change the maps. Because 98 costs now something like 1.75 e / litre here im thinking of going E85. Only thing i need is the bigger fuel pump and propably some hoses Im thinking of tryinh with stock injector, even reduce boost is it goes over the top....

E85 gives you more power and torque because you can have the best ignition values there is... No problems with knocking.

We need to change the injector values too, because id like to operate in closed loop
    Last edited by lateshow; 18-03-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

And in addition, there is one special reason why this fuel sounds so good here. It costs 1e / litre because it is done out of trash and litter. The consumption is 20-30% more so it'll cost much less...

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    22-07-2015
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    99 Legnum VR4 T

Steve confirmed that the ROM is working as per standard (i.e. same behaviour as standard regardless of which map is on) so that should not be an issue.

Yeah the problem was with me not realising how little the error correction table did, it works just like a std rom.

I don't know what Jason's doing wrong but I have close to 200% Load to over 6000RPM in cars I'm tuning and without that WGDC dropoff you have and my WGDC is nothing like 100% anywhere above 2500RPM, that said I'm using a 3 port not the factory solenoid. It's not to do with a reference to a low octane BDEL that we found eearly on is it?

Lauri, slightly off topic but I don't know what duty cycle you're at now but I'm around the 75% mark at full load so I don't think there is that much headroom for E85 without dropping boost somewhat....

Name
    Lauri
    Last Online
    31-10-2018
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant Vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Shtiv View Post
    Yeah the problem was with me not realising how little the error correction table did, it works just like a std rom.

I don't know what Jason's doing wrong but I have close to 200% Load to over 6000RPM in cars I'm tuning and without that WGDC dropoff you have and my WGDC is nothing like 100% anywhere above 2500RPM, that said I'm using a 3 port not the factory solenoid. It's not to do with a reference to a low octane BDEL that we found eearly on is it?

Lauri, slightly off topic but I don't know what duty cycle you're at now but I'm around the 75% mark at full load so I don't think there is that much headroom for E85 without dropping boost somewhat....

Yeah im around that same mark too, maybe little less. I have to use less boost maybe for a while if im going to do this. Evo injectors arent cheap and im poor as usual.

I've been using this mechanical device to control boost and virtually same kind of results. at 6000rpm it cannot produce 200 load. And the mechanical device usually is the best.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

foxdie and kenneth: We already have a system that can give you voltage 0-5V depending on the amount of ethanol in the fuel. Would it be hard to connect this to an analog input and the modify the KS 2.0 to use this value to change the maps.
    I think this is possible, but you can only test if a voltage is above a certain threshold or not. You can't test to see if a voltage is within a particular range.

To use the secondary O2 sensor input (Connector D Pin 5) for map switching, use address F069 for the Memory Address and change the Activation Lookup scaling to Volts5_8bit. If this doesn't work reliably, try the 16bit version.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Shtiv View Post
    It's not to do with a reference to a low octane BDEL that we found eearly on is it?
    It could well be that, refresh my memory what map this affected?

Regardless, I'll try the updated ROM / definitions next week

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast