Edward
    Last Online
    27-07-2012
    Country
    Other

New member hoping to purchase a Legnum VR-4

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself.
    I joined the forum yesterday after deciding I want a Legnum VR-4!
    My story is that I owned for many years a Volvo V70 T5 and always liked the Legnum (I have a thing for fast sleeper estate cars) I pushed the Volvo as far as I could power wise, then my wife announced that she was pregnant with our 5th kid (our other 4 kids are now teenagers) so I agreed to buy her a people carrier if I could buy a 'toy' for myself.
    With that deal done she got the people carrier and I bought a Nissan Skyline GTR, this meant the Volvo was surplus to requirements so my sister bought that from me.
    Well the Skyline is an amazing car and lives up to all my expectations, It has always been my dream car but to be honest it really is a toy for weekends and track days so it gets parked up in the winter in a a garage.
    This has left me craving a car to have fun in, the people carrier is boring, my van albeit tuned is a workhorse, and the Skyline is parked up to avoid the winter road gritting which they do not take very well, so I am craving the ability to jump into a car that I can just enjoy driving... and I miss my Volvo which was good fun with 310bhp.

I own a business servicing and repairing LPG converted vehicles and carry out the odd LPG conversion myself so obviously all my cars I have converted to run on LPG including recently converting the Skyline which is now the only LPG powered R33 GTR in the world, I now wish to purchase a facelift Legnum and convert that to run on LPG and go back to having an everyday powerful estate car that I can enjoy.

Well that's me, hopefully I can soon join the group Legnum owners on here

Edward.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

You must have pictures of some of these cars to post up!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Edward
    Last Online
    27-07-2012
    Country
    Other

Hi Elnevio,

Not really much of the Volvo but plenty of the GTR.
    Heres one from when I first filled it with LPG after I had finished the conversion.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/866/imag0237l.jpg

Edward.

Name
    Edward
    Last Online
    27-07-2012
    Country
    Other

Unfortunately not many pics of the Volvo, shame really as it was a nice looking motor, but she did manage to sneak into the background of a few of the Skyline pics

I'm sure you don't want to see pictures of the people carrier
    Edward.

Name
    dave
    Last Online
    18-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    350z/Espace

nice gtr.

am sure a few members on here may want to pick your brains regarding lpg conversions

ps.have approved your posts ,thats why they didnt show straight away as auto moderated
    Home Audio / Visual and CB HERE

To contact CLUBVR-4 committee or moderation staff click HERE

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi & welcome to CVR4.
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    keith
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 s

now than hope you get a vr4 i struggled to find a car that ticked all the boxes until the legnum. the only problem was the economy so i have lpg mine.did it about a month back. the only problem i have is that i have a europe filler port so i cannot get it tested and register it as a lpg. the mpg is not much better. upto now its working out about an extra 30 miles per £50

Name
    Edward
    Last Online
    27-07-2012
    Country
    Other

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I am always happy to offer any advice regarding LPG, been doing it since around 1998 so know most systems pretty well and have converted many things from a Perodua Kelisa upto huge Damon Daybreak american RV's.
    I am always very busy though so if I am slow to reply I apologise but will respond eventually

Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    nice gtr.

am sure a few members on here may want to pick your brains regarding lpg conversions

ps.have approved your posts ,thats why they didnt show straight away as auto moderated

Name
    Edward
    Last Online
    27-07-2012
    Country
    Other

Hi Keith,

Yes, unfortunately the COP 11 guidelines will not allow an approved installation with any screw in adaptor, only the UK bayonet fitting, however the certification is only required by a few insurance companies so as long as the installation has been done well and is safe you will be fine.
    The economy doesn't sound right though, you should only use a little more LPG than you would petrol. In general if a car does 30mpg on petrol it will do 25-27mpg on gas.
    Can I ask which system you have and who mapped the LPG?
    My preferred LPG system is BRC, I service and repair all systems but have a preference for the BRC (mainly for anything above 300bhp) any Italian system (OMVL, Romano, Bigas Zavoli etc) should cope quite easily with a VR-4, the Polish systems (AC, Stag, AG Zenith etc) can cope with a VR-4 but the mapping would need to be correct and the components used must at the higher end of the quality range.

Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by hardarse View Post
    now than hope you get a vr4 i struggled to find a car that ticked all the boxes until the legnum. the only problem was the economy so i have lpg mine.did it about a month back. the only problem i have is that i have a europe filler port so i cannot get it tested and register it as a lpg. the mpg is not much better. upto now its working out about an extra 30 miles per £50