Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Passat B6 TDI
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    9510 was completed in the third week of October 1996, 10354 was the first week of November. Certainly quite close in birthdays!

I'd agree with Tim. If the ECU for 9510 has been played with, it might be very specific for that car and it's supporting mods. To be safe you'd want to be measuring boost levels and air/fuel ratios if you swap it to 10354.
    Wow, thanks nick, I knew they were close in age but jeez!!

9510 had an HKS mushroom filter, which has actually broken where it connects to the maf
    My intention for 10354 was to use the standard airbox with a K&N panel filter

9610 also had a "Longlife" stainless steel cat back exhaust, which I've already removed and that will be going onto 10354 next week

Aside from that, 9510 had no other supporting mods. So to that end, I'm thinking I should be OK, right? Straight swap and turn the key..?

10354 has a hks boost controller, which actually doesn't work. I looked at the wiring under the dash and it's an (expletive) mess!!!
    Tiny wires spot soldered onto spades and wrapped in electrical tape.. its all coming out for sure and going in the bin,
    Also has a turbo timer, which again, doesn't seem to work

My intention is to turn 10354 into a somewhat respectable, mostly factory example

Interestingly 10354 has featured here in the past, search for "L9 NUM"

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    2006 VW Passat B6 Tdi 140 BKP (Daily driver)
    1996 Legnum VR4 TYpe-S Sophia White (Weekend Toy)
    1996 Legnum VR4 Type-S Trigger Mauve (Parts Car)

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

If the ECU for 9510 has been tuned based upon the mushroom filter, then I wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it.

Best bet would be to pop along to one of our Garage/Dyno Weekends where myself and foxdie will be there, we can do everything properly, with no guesswork!

Name
    Russell
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Passat B6 TDI
    My Garage
    Visit

I'll hold off on swapping the ecus for now then.
    My main reason for doing it was that 10354 doesn't throw me back in the seat when I floor it hard to overtake something. Yes she goes well, but given the specs (twin turbo v6, yadda yadda yadda) I'm actually a little underwhelmed

I reckon my 2ltr tdi 140 passat would keep up with it for the most part at the moment.

Just checked the dates for that, unfortunately I'll either be in work (taxi driver) or having my son on the weekends.

I'll see how things go, but I'd certainly love to attend and mingle with other owners, see what's what and learn some more along the way

9510 will eventually be stripped and scrapped, the shell is as soft as cheddar cheese in a lot of areas.

Watch out for a future thread where I'll be advertising it officially
    Drivetrain is very low mileage, odometer reads 95,500 and I belive this was properly converted to miles too
    So with a full fluid change and a damn good service (having been sat for years) I dare say it'll be a very attractive prospect for someone in need of an engine or gearbox or whatever

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345