Mileage Total: 140000
    Mileage KM: 90000

M.O.T. Expiry Date: 21 January 2013
    TAX Expiry Date: 25 January 2013

Contact Method: Email me on here or call me on 07534 666501

Price: £2500

Car Description

Car History
    Pearl White Facelift VR4 Legnum, with AYC. Auto gearbox + tiptronic (shifts perfectly in normal and tiptronic modes). Everything works correctly (even the air con is ice cold!). All original accessories/carpets etc. provided (see pics). Interior is very clean for a car of this age, almost immaculate (slight visible wear on the driver's seat, to be expected).

Very reluctant sale, moved to London a few months ago and my insurance has tripled due to the are I'm living in! (plus extra costs/hassle e.g. parking permits, having to park on the street etc.). Hardly using the car any more (probably once a week at most), so unfortunately can't justify keeping it. The car has been extremely reliable for the 18 months I've owned it, starts every time and has never broken down. It's the oldest but most reliable car I've ever owned, runs incredibly smoothly, feels very solid+ awesome performance.

First registered November 1998, Imported to UK February 2009. Has 140000 on the clock, however the first 90000 were in KM so actual mileage around 105,000. I've looked after the car the best I can, and kept up to date with oil changes every 4500 miles (last change 2000 miles ago, with titan race pro and blueprint oil filter). Replaced the downpipes recently with ones from a car being broken on here, and they seem better than the ones which were there when I bought it (fewer flex joints and they don't scrape over speed bumps like the old ones did). Tyres back and front have been refreshed in the last few months, all 215/45/17 with loads of tread left.

Shortly after buying the car I replaced the old stereo with a double din Pioneer CD/DVD player, and new speakers front and back (it still had the original speakers which were basically blown). I've had a Mitsubishi roof rack added, which I will leave on. There is also a Mitsubishi bike rack for 3 bikes, I may or may not provide this (unless any new buyer desperately wants it), because a friend is interested in them if they fit on his car (I can't check because he is on holiday until Monday).

Please note (Fri 14th September) I may not be online again until late tonight so may not reply, please call if seriously interested.

Modifications.
    TOAD Cat 1 Alarm System with Remote Engine Start
    17" Schneider Lightweight Alloy Wheels
    Bilstein Yellow Shock Absorbers with Lowered Springs
    Uprated Stainless Steel Downpipes
    Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
    Swoosh Boost Gauge
    Electronic Boost Controller
    SARD R2D2 Dump Valve
    10000K Xenon HID Conversion on High Beam (Also had conversion on dipped beam, but at last MOT one bulb was blown and I decided to use normal bulbs because I couldn't source one on the day. Since then I've preferred these because the xenons were a little dazzling, but all the hardware is there and can be hooked up again easily. However the xenons on high beam are fantastic for dark country roads)
    Reverse Parking Sensors with Onboard Screen and Beeper
    Double DIN Pioneer touchscreen CD/DVD Player

Other information.
    280 BHP

Bad bits
    Quite a few scrapes on the Schneider alloys (I had a quote of around £200 to have them fully restored but don't have the time to do it, and didn't think it was worth it).
    A few minor scuffs/marks around the bodywork. Nothing bad or really noticeable, and to be expected for a car of this age.
    Digital clock seems to display random numbers! (I understand this is quite common)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Humpty's Revenge; 09-10-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Now sold

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

Nice looking motor there

Good luck with the sale

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Thanks! I've had several people come up to me on the street seriously interested in buying it (that was before I intended to sell it!!).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvr4 View Post
    Nice looking motor there

Good luck with the sale

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Still available. Any offers?

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Bump! No interest at all in this car? Realised after a bit more digging that the asking price was a bit high. Revised to £2500, and will consider sensible offers.

Name
    keith
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 s

ive had no interest in mine ive got for sale either. so it looks like these cars are just not cost effective in these hard times. the next thing will be to strip it for parts.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    05-02-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70 T5

Fancy a T5 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisvr4; 18-09-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Name
    Martin
    Last Online
    19-05-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Thanks for the replies. I will at least try Pistonheads/Ebay first before exploring other options! (including the volvo Chris, would be interested to hear the full details of the car if it would be a direct swap, but was planning to be car-less for a while so would probably only be if I could sell it easily+ would be more of a last resort). Also gonna try parking it on Clapham High Street with a sign in the window for a while and see if any of the ppl commenting/drooling over it will put their money where their mouth is!

Name
    bartosz
    Last Online
    14-06-2015
    Country
    England

Im intrested on this one but i will have money in 2-4 weeks. If it will be still for sale i deffinetly will come to have a look on yours.