Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1992 E84a Galant VR4 Ralliart 6a12tt, Pssibly the only one??

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

1992 E84a Galant VR4 Ralliart 6a12tt, Pssibly the only one??

Hey guys, I'm just after a bit more info on my car, and figure you might be able to help, because i can not find anything anywhere. I've just bought an 1992 E84a Galant VR4 6a12tt, first registered in Japan in 1992, now registered in New Zealand. Its a Ralliart Edition so it has quite a lot of extras like Ralliart badges front and back, embedded into the metal so they're meant to be there (not fake), Electronically controlled suspension (with Tour and Sports mode lights on the rev gauge), Active Yaw Control (which also has a gauge in the middle of the rev gauge that says Front Torque Control 30 50 70 % like a light up scale, which puts more torque to the front wheels automatically in certain situations), front and rear LSD, Standard bigger blue tab TD025L turbos (even though these only came out on manual versions, but mines an auto which should have black tab turbos), and sadly Automatic/tiptronic mode, even though tiptronic wasn't introduced until the next model of Galants. Its like an early version of tiptronic.
    And all of this looks completely standard, like its been there since day 1, and you just wouldnt put all that stuff into a car anyway, it would be a waste of time and money, its just not worth it.
    So I googled my car to see if i could find a little bit more info, and I cannot find another Ralliart version anywhere. Not a single one with a rev gauge like mine, not a single one with ralliart badges, absolutely nothing. So I emailed Mitsubishi New Zealand, explained what I've explained here, and they got back to me and said that Ralliart/Mitsubishi never made a ralliart version, with any of the things i listed, of my model, the E84a Galant. They also said that maybe it could be an Evo IV prototype, or a test car of some sort, because mitsubishi do make those, but they crush them as soon as they're e done with them, so they don't know how I got it.
    So anyway thanks for listening to my rant, and any info you could possibly know or find out for me would be greatly appreciated guys, because im just having a ridiculous time confirming any of this stuff.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Have you got the chassis number? ASA might throw up some useful information.

PS: No need for three threads on the topic! I'll go do some tidying up...
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I have no idea, but some pictures would be amazing.

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

Until I see pics I'm calling

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru ETA View Post
    Until I see pics I'm calling

I remind the last one, saying he owns a Mitsi prototype car...
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Terry, please post some pics and probably your VIN. I want to see what ASA will tell us. In fact it must be one of the first 7G VR-4s as they sold the 6G in 1992 as well.

However, I am not aware of any Ralliart specific model of that period...

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Hey guys, sorry bout the three threads hahaha damn newbies!
    Chassis number-E84A-0003503
    VIN-7A8CJ0J0701003503
    Will get a few pics after work, not all that different from the run of the mill galant, apart from the extra gauges and ralliart badges
    Thanks heaps guys for any info you can find for me, because im having little luck. I havent found another E84a galant with all these things

Also, these our goddamn lovely cars to drive

And yea, there wasnt ever a ralliart model of this model

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Also, if u go to carjam.co.nz, my registration is cku843, theres one picture on there where u can just see the rectangle ralliart badge

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

i call BS,

you have either LSD or AYC not both. and i doubt someone would go to the trouble for retro fitting AYC

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Well theres a gauge in the middle of my rev gauge that says Front Torque Control and then a light up scale going from 30 to 50 to 70%, and it lights up depending on what your doing, normally cornering, and adjusts automatically. Is that AYC?? and definitely has LSD, Its says so under bonnet. Will take pics of gauge when im home this afternoon. Ive never senn it in a galant, and have searched the internet for hours for another one with the same gauge.
    And yea, theres no way someones come and put all this stuff in aftermarket, no way, too costly and a waste of time. and it looks completely like its meant to be there too. Nothing on it has been done up, its still factory as

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

These also didnt come out with Electronically Controlled Suspension until the next model as well i thought, but mine has that too. Again, ill get pics to confirm

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Just uploading pics, tells me there too big to load to here so will post a link to them in a minute

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Put a few photos up here http://imgur.com/a/ybPuW#0

Name
    Daniel
    Last Online
    15-03-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    8G VR4 + Colt

ASA is definitely confirming that it's a V6 2 litre, marked as a VR-4 with TCL. It's a 1992 model, so possibly a crossover while they used up the last of the Galant bodies?

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

A crossover with what though??
    And more info would be good, I've already got that it says it's a 2.0 V6, that comes up with registration search

Name
    David
    Last Online
    10-02-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Corvette
    My Garage
    Visit

That model came standard with the electronic suspension. It has a active centre diff, which is standard on that model.

Got a photo of the gear lever?

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

It's the first of the 7G shape, not the last of the 6G shape though, so not a crossover.

The torque split is probably more to do with the centre diff, as it refers to front and back. AYC deals with left to right split across an axle.

The TRACE-OFF indicator is intriguing. Any pictures of the gauge you referred to?

I suspect that there is no prototype malarkey going on, but it may have been one of the first dealership (or even car show) models so might have had every option thrown at it.

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Well, its a V6 Twin Turbo with TCL - first production series of 7G Galant VR-4.

Engine: 6A12TT - 6 cyl V shaped engine - 2l - two turbos
    ECS: came from factory
    Torque display: could be a display for the load of the viscous coupling (I think they had one, as the 6G VR-4's had one too)
    LSD: cars equipped with viscous coupling have an LSD as well - so this is correct

Though I do not know what the switch "up/down" should be for. I believe it could be for cruise control.

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio View Post
    It's the first of the 7G shape, not the last of the 6G shape though, so not a crossover.

The torque split is probably more to do with the centre diff, as it refers to front and back. AYC deals with left to right split across an axle.

The TRACE-OFF indicator is intriguing. Any pictures of the gauge you referred to?

I suspect that there is no prototype malarkey going on, but it may have been one of the first dealership (or even car show) models so might have had every option thrown at it.

Which gauge? the front torque ratio?? theres a pic of it there in the middle of the rev gauge.
    And yea makes more sense that its a showroom galant with all the electronic gadgets haha
    And TRACE is just an early stability control program, that comes with the traction control.

And what about the ralliart badges?? If its the only ralliart version ever made, does that not make it a prototype??

Name
    Terry
    Last Online
    06-07-2013
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    VR4 Galant 7gen

Quote Originally Posted by crazydriver81 View Post
    Well, its a V6 Twin Turbo with TCL - first production series of 7G Galant VR-4.

Engine: 6A12TT - 6 cyl V shaped engine - 2l - two turbos
    ECS: came from factory
    Torque display: could be a display for the load of the viscous coupling (I think they had one, as the 6G VR-4's had one too)
    LSD: cars equipped with viscous coupling have an LSD as well - so this is correct

Though I do not know what the switch "up/down" should be for. I believe it could be for cruise control.
    Na that switch is just the aerial up/down isnt it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast