Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Vehicle transport services

Needing to get my car from north Birmingham area to Eurospec in Guildford.

Thought I'd try a chance and see if anyone has or knows of anyone able to help.

Car runs and drives, but will probably not make the trip to Eurospec due to the stalling issue, so ideally needs to be trailered.

Barring the usual Google searches, if anyone can help, please let me know. Happy to offer a finder's fee beer token if successful.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

I've had a quote off Shiply.com before. If you wait a couple of days for all the results to come in, you might get a decent price. Looking at the quotes I received before, they ranged from £100 to £170 for a similar distance, to give you an idea!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Did you try ebay?
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Didnt think of Shiply for cars! Thanks Nev, posted an ad on there now.

Again didnt think of eBay... will have a look around now. Thanks Adam.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

what the hell you thinking about?

btw, I cant believe that you are so desperate with this Datsun that you want to send this to euro spec, there is no forum like ours here with helpful ppl always happy to help with fixing issues similar to yours? IMO for a cost of transport alone you should be able to sort out this car with a little help from other Stagea/Nissan/Datsun whatever enthusiasts as this is, apparently, well known engine.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Its not just the fault on the car, I want to get a thorough check on the car's health, a dyno run and possibly EBC fitment and tune to make sure the car is 100% healthy. When I got the Rednum, I did NOTHING and due to this, I was driving a neglected car which had a lot of underlying issues. I dont want to repeat that, so I'm prepared to spend a little money now for a better car in the long run. Only once I know the car is good, I'll be making the switch to LPG.
    As far as the Nissan work is concerned, there is a local 'tuner' to me who has a good rep with Skylines, so yes it might be cheaper to take the car there, but they are as yet an unknown for me. I trust Eurospec to provide a good service and I'd rather pay a little over the odds to get that. Once I have a good car, I'll be more than likely to use the local place for anything else I need doing.
    The other issue I have right now is time, or the lack of it, to make any attempt on working out the faults myself. Work is going to be busy until end of May now, so I'd rather get it to somewhere I know I can get it fixed in one go.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Now I understand your approach, a good one, do a health check and be sure there is all good then you welcome to bring it over for LPG implant :-)

good luck, hope its nothing major wrong with it.

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    24-08-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Audi S4 Avant

@Atik, if you are willing to travel that kind of distance have you tried Serious Performance Autos near Eastbourne? They are my local garage and have worked on my Legnum since I bought it in 2009.
    Andy is the 'go-to' guy for Nissans as he builds custom machines and race-spec RB engines. He is a well known name on the Skyline forum as they are his speciality.

He's tried to flog many a Stagea to me! lol.

If you give him a call, he may even be able to give you an instant diagnosis over the phone if it's a common or well known engine problem.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerfish View Post
    @Atik, if you are willing to travel that kind of distance have you tried Serious Performance Autos near Eastbourne? They are my local garage and have worked on my Legnum since I bought it in 2009.
    Andy is the 'go-to' guy for Nissans as he builds custom machines and race-spec RB engines. He is a well known name on the Skyline forum as they are his speciality.

He's tried to flog many a Stagea to me! lol.

If you give him a call, he may even be able to give you an instant diagnosis over the phone if it's a common or well known engine problem.
    Thanks Alex, will keep that in mind.
    I know there are loads of well respected RB engine tuners out there, but this initial need of mine is simply to get it somewhere that I know. I had a similar issue on my old silver Legnum and Eurospec fixed it easily. The other advantage is, getting it dyno'd while its there, and the added fact I will be travelling to Bracknell (nearby-ish) for work in a few weeks means I could get in to collect the car from them once it is ready.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

All understandable, and there is no even smallest doubt that Eurospec is a very good at what they do and have a very good rep going around, I would happy use them if only they been a bit closer, instead I would try to built my trust and confidence with someone more local-ish then if any issues arrive your not in trouble to travel in not working vehicle (or rent flat bed to send) waist a lot of time to sort this issue out. Only a thought.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Its all for a good cause

As I said, having had a bad car in the Rednum, I want to take as many precautions on this car as I can. Ideally, I'd have done a 'Nick Mann' and stripped/rebuilt the car so it was meticulous, but I don't have the skills to be able to do that. So for now, its just get the car to Eurospec, get a green light and then take it from there. A few hundred pounds now, will hopefully give me a better future with the car,

Name
    Tam
    Last Online
    04-04-2021
    Country
    England
    Car
    PFL Legnum

Hi Atik,
    Have you considered hiring a transporter, this company claim £100 for a days hire of a 3.5t truck.
    http://transporterhire.co.uk
    Marc

Name
    John
    Last Online
    21-03-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum

Have you asked Ben? He got mine low loaded down for a very reasonable price.
    Proverbs 20:29

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I did look at that Marc, problem being I dont have the time to make the drive I have a hectic 3-4 weeks of work coming up which requires me out in Hull for a week and another in Bracknell with some intermittent travel inbetween. I just wont make the time to spend half a day driving out to drop the car off. Which is why I'm hoping to get the car to Eurospec while I dont need the car so desperately. Also, once I factor in the fuel to make the trip it works out £170+.

John, I did ask Ben for a price but due to the distance for me, it works out a fair bit more.

Have found some companies via Shiply and another website and the best so far is £170.