Transmission: Automatic
    Mileage Total: 172615

M.O.T. Expiry Date: 1 January 2016
    :

Contact Method: Pm, email keaney4000@hotmail.com or call/text 07584664141

Price: £2870

Car Description

Car History
    2 UK owners, 1 of which was a forum member and did most of the mods.

Modifications.
    Mines ecu and manual boost controller. Hks panel filter in standard air box.
    Stainless steel 2.5" downpipes and rallyart exhaust with powerflow backbox. Has cat in place but comes with decat. Not to loud for general driving but you can hear the V6 purr.
    Face-lift arch extensions and side skirts.
    Evo 8 enkei alloys with brembo front brakes.
    Lowered all round on billstein shocks with eibach Springs. Firm but fair ride. Nice and low stance.
    Boost Guage on windscreen.
    CD player with parrot Bluetooth for hands-free calls and wireless streaming.
    Magnecor leads with iridium plugs.
    Towbar with single electrics. (fitted by me and only used for bike rack)
    Genuine mitsubishi hard plastic boot liner.
    Boosts around . 9 bar and pulls well in every gear.

Other information.
    Recently done engine oil and filter with amsoil. Got 15 litres of amsoil atf fluid to go in. (may get done before sale)
    New plugs, leads and inlet gasket done, all under 1000 miles ago by myself.
    Rear diff seals replace and amsoil diff oil done. Fit oil for transfer case to go in aswel.
    Dunlop sp sport tyres and discs and pads done on front earlier this year.
    Reason for sale, long story short, massive change of plan. Again. Was going to sell my 300zx and take this to the ring, but going to sell this and take the 300 instead. Then sell that aswel and be skint and car less.
    Is a shame as it's an amazing car. With me it's done countless biking days/weekends away, trips and travels with the misses, Donnington trackday (that was a laugh) and general everyday estate stuff. Do love the car but given the tough choice and my situation, I can't keep both cars and do the ring.
    Anyone thinking they don't want an auto by the way, that was me before I drove an auto legnum. Proper game changer that gearbox. In my opinion, it completes the legnum being a tip tronic.

Bad bits
    Ay, worked when I got it, then it stopped, put an adjustable pressure switch on, worked a bit longer, now it's stopped again. In my opinion, its better without. As it's taken the stability control with it, so with the tcl switched off, the car is fully understand your command. Loads more lively and fun.
    Occasional tappet noise, nothing major.
    Slight rattle from passenger side front suspension, suspected drop link bush. Had it on ramps and nothing obvious though.
    No engine cover or undertray. Came to me this way and hasn't affected performance in any way. Also mileage was changed around 70000km, so actual mileage is around 140000 if my maths is correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

I've got loads more pics and there's sure to be stuff I've forgot. So any more info, or pics needed let me know. Was a struggle updating pics.
    Cheers
    Danny

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

Other bits of forgot, was imported in July 2007 with 127000km on the clock. So actual mileage is roughly 130000. Heads were rebuilt and cambelt done by previous owner around 20000 miles ago. Also loads of receipts for oil,filters and service items.
    Cheers
    Danny

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

What we thinking guys? To expensive? Thought this would be snapped up for this price.

Name
    james
    Last Online
    15-01-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

Last year with sim ayc probs but much lower millage and being manual was put up at 1500 and only 1 guy intrested. I bought it at 1400 was a mates car who needed to sell quickly but at 1500 there wasnt much intrest.
    Prob is a pre face lift you can now pick up low millage face lifts with low millage for same or less new import is about at mo for 3-4k

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by billybobboot View Post
    Last year with sim ayc probs but much lower millage and being manual was put up at 1500 and only 1 guy intrested. I bought it at 1400 was a mates car who needed to sell quickly but at 1500 there wasnt much intrest.
    Prob is a pre face lift you can now pick up low millage face lifts with low millage for same or less new import is about at mo for 3-4k
    Your point being ???

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

Cheers for the input, but were are these pre face lifts? There's never any for sale. I'm happy to accept offers or price recommendations of I'm miles of but not £1500. Not just a regular pfl either in fairness.
    Cheers
    Danny

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

AYC not working will likely be an issue for some buyers and as bonus of car is AYC the cars desirability changes - as replacement pressure switch is not effective a replacement pump is around £2K

Perhaps not many prospective owners want to sort an AYC pump rebuild - as a prev owner of VR-4's I am not certain of effectiveness of a rebuild/refurbish - perhaps that is more about me and my preferences

So your price may be optimistic with AYC pump problem - it is a significant part of the cars spec...

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

Good point, and I agree, to fix it it's mega money if it's the pump. But to me the ayc isn't worth all that. But appreciate what your saying. Like I said, am open to offers, but can't knock the ayc repair cost off the asking price, if end up paying the buyer. Lol.
    Cheers
    Danny

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Our cars are hard to sell at the best of times. I think you need to give it some time.

Prices vary wildly and I don't think much in the VR4 world sells high at the moment.

Your car is typical of many with non working AYC and it can be expensive to fix although it's perfectly useable without it.

You need to advertise as widely as possible on all the usual sites, eventually it will sell.

Hope this is helpful, and good luck with the sale.

Last edited by TAR; 08-05-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: removed a personal opinion on price
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

OK mate cheers. It'll be going on eBay and pistonheads this weekend. Just wanted to give club owners a chance first. Realise its a small club and most already have a vr4.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Danny

Name
    james
    Last Online
    15-01-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

After the weekend drive i just had doing very small c roads at fast speeds the first time i have driven this car hard and i mean hard the ayc was a big help! I wouldnt have driven like i did without it even when the back end did get out a few times you def noticed the front diff and ayc working!
    Rebuilding ayc isnt too much of a prob if all goes well but for rebulid and new solonides your going to need to budget arount 300-500

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

Front diff? Didn't think that had anything to do with the ayc? Unless yours is updated? Agree it makes the car more agile in hard driving. But that comes with the stability control which pegs back the fun. Personal preference I suppose. It's on fleabay and ends at 5 today though. Would rather it stay in the club. Then I can buy it back after the nurburgring trip in my 300. Lol.
    Cheers guys fir the input and advice
    Danny

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by keano View Post
    Front diff? Didn't think that had anything to do with the ayc? Unless yours is updated? Agree it makes the car more agile in hard driving. But that comes with the stability control which pegs back the fun. Personal preference I suppose. It's on fleabay and ends at 5 today though. Would rather it stay in the club. Then I can buy it back after the nurburgring trip in my 300. Lol.
    Cheers guys fir the input and advice
    Danny
    No you are right, it is rear diff where AYC does its work...

Name
    daniel
    Last Online
    28-03-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    nissan 300zx

Well guys it didn't sell. It reached 1750. I'd set the reserve at £2350 so open to offers around that.
    Cheers
    Danny