cory
    Last Online
    12-10-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2001 vr4

2001 fl auto galant converted to manual via pfl legnum problems

I have taken on a bit of a mission in converting a 2001 galant to manual out of a 97 legnum, had the old engine running with my fl auto ecu,however used another engine and haven't had that running yet, I have used all the engine harness and dash loom, speedo etc out of the legnum. It will crank over but won't start as I have no fuel pump running on cranking only way it will go is if I hard wire it to a battery but even then it won't fire, it has spark I have checked several times, it has an safc connected and Rev speed meter which did have power originally but stopped working at some point, the red wire from the ecu is not putting out any power now which the safc is connected to, found some soldered connections that more than likely touched at some point so I'm thinking I have fried the ecu? I have checked the engine fuses and in car fuses with no joy, also without key on as soon as the battery is connected the fan runs constantly and the climate control turns on this is what happened when the car had no ecu and the battery connected which has got me wondering if the ecu is now no good, any info appreciated guys, also who do I get in touch with to renew my membership I have been trying for ages with no luck, cheers

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Is this taking a 2001 N/A Galant and transplanting the VR4 TT engine with the VR4 manual gearbox?

Sounds like an ambitious project, which many on these forums call the VR2. There are a couple of users who have done this on their cars (Andy theVee rings a bell as one of the first).
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)