Name
    nikkei
    Last Online
    24-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

wow I thought the summer was here yesterday but today I guess I was wrong lol.

wasn't hard to re-con the rear brakes..only thing that was the hand brake cable being hard to come off but got it all sorted now so thx guys for the info .
    @chris g..after some thinking and knowing I wont use the car as much cuz of working oversea I now think better just use some normal setup then going coilovers so I call Bilstein UK but being an import they don't have the list so will have to wait for them to get back to me on Monday and see what they have for the VR4.

i understand a good combo sometime work much better then some aftermarket stuff and i just got some Carbotech pads before i went oversea so when i re-con the brake i have fit them at the same time and now UK start to warm up and some dry roads i will give them a try see how they are.
    @peter..thx man for the bolts but I got them from the dealer but if those bolts fail again then I will know who to ask.

thinking of getting rid of those 18s and back to some light weight 17s but worry about the car being heavy and hitting those pot holes will deffo kill those light weight rims lol.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei View Post
    wow I thought the summer was here yesterday but today I guess I was wrong lol.

wasn't hard to re-con the rear brakes..only thing that was the hand brake cable being hard to come off but got it all sorted now so thx guys for the info .
    @chris g..after some thinking and knowing I wont use the car as much cuz of working oversea I now think better just use some normal setup then going coilovers so I call Bilstein UK but being an import they don't have the list so will have to wait for them to get back to me on Monday and see what they have for the VR4.

i understand a good combo sometime work much better then some aftermarket stuff and i just got some Carbotech pads before i went oversea so when i re-con the brake i have fit them at the same time and now UK start to warm up and some dry roads i will give them a try see how they are.
    @peter..thx man for the bolts but I got them from the dealer but if those bolts fail again then I will know who to ask.

thinking of getting rid of those 18s and back to some light weight 17s but worry about the car being heavy and hitting those pot holes will deffo kill those light weight rims lol.
    And with lower profile tyres as well on 17s...

Name
    nikkei
    Last Online
    24-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

been looking around and i found some bilstein B6 and koni sport but the koni only have front in the UK and rear in Italy so i order the B6 at £480 also got hold of eibach for springs which they will get back to me and think it will be coming from japan so going to use the factory spring on the B6 see how they go and if no luck in springs then i will get a set made with a small drop on them.

i been looking at some TE37 and BBS LM..the BBS is not light compare to the TE37 also thinking of the Team D's PRO 3 but if i can find some MO6 at nice price then i will go with Compomotive MO6 .

Name
    nikkei
    Last Online
    24-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

the bilstein is here so going to put them on the car but I really want to know what is the factory spring high cuz I want to lift the front up maybe 1in to clear the humps we have around here lol..the springs on the car now seem tobe lower springs and the gap from arch to top of wheel is about 1 1/2in with 17/45/235..any one got the factory springs measurement and spring rate?.

I couldn't get any eibach from euro zone and I cant wait 5-6 week for them coming from japan so gonna use the factory springs for now till I can find some right one for the car.

Name
    nikkei
    Last Online
    24-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

hey guys.

its been a while and with working overseas make hard to keep up with everything going on..I hope you all are well and still kicking.

i think its time for me to let the car go and let someone else look after it..i just don't have the time or enough knowhow to fix them and its sad to see the car just sat there dying.

anyone fancy taking over as carer?.

Name
    nikkei
    Last Online
    24-08-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr4

its time to let the car go coz i am sad looking at it sitting there each time i come back home from working on the cargo ship so any1 like to look after it?.

import in 2000 auto 2.5 TT VR4 S with full recaro.

if anyone want info or see the car can text me on 07871684130..the car is in manchester 3 miles from town.

i will leave sale here for 1 week for you guys then will goto ebay.
    Last edited by Nikkei; 15-08-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12