Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: CVR4 membership overhaul from 1 January 2016; and other changes

Name
    Keith
    Last Online
    02-01-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    '97 Legnum COTY

Well I received my notice of membership expiry today & I have yet to get any such 'membership pack'
    Will someone let me know if my membership is going to be retained for the next year, thanks-

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Primus101 View Post
    Well I received my notice of membership expiry today & I have yet to get any such 'membership pack'
    Will someone let me know if my membership is going to be retained for the next year, thanks-
    Morning Keith please read the very first post in this thread

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio View Post
    There have been many discussions behind the scenes about the future of the CVR4 membership system, mainly due to the large burden of dealing with the multi-faceted physical side of the memberships, but also due to the way the dynamic of the club has changed over the last two or three years. It has become apparent that a pared-down version of the membership is the most appropriate way forward.

As such, with effect from 1 January 2016, the annual UK/RoW membership fee will be reduced to £10.

The main online benefits, i.e. access to the various members' areas, including articles and guides, supplier discounts, etc., will remain. The physical benefits, i.e. membership cards, choice of free gift, letter, will be scrapped. Fear not though, the goodies will not disappear completely, but more on that further down the page.

New members and future renewals

New members will no longer be allocated a membership number. I am not aware of anywhere really needing the membership number for discounts, etc. If necessary, proof of membership can be confirmed by admin should a supplier require it.

Previous new members and renewals made that haven't received a physical membership pack

While having already benefitted from access to the technical areas, etc., any member who didn't receive a pack will receive another year's membership, free of charge, and these will be actioned steadily over the next month or so. Any member who has joined/renewed more than once, will receive the relevant multiple thereof.

New Zealand & Australia memberships

These are presently dealt with differently, requiring a manual activation. We are looking at getting this automated in the same way that the UK/RoW is. This will be progressed as and when, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

CVR4 Shop

The shop will be updated during the New Year with the new goodies. Members will of course get discounted prices on items therein.

Facebook changes

The Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/clubVr4/ will continue as it is, posting pics of members' submissions etc., for now.

However the Facebook For Sale/Wanted group will be closed - the forums can and should be used for selling/buying stuff.

Of more interest to many of you, the main CVR4 facebook group will become read only with only posts by admins being allowed - these will be along the lines of pointing group members towards the forum for things that may be of interest, such as the recent expression of interest thread for cruise control, and generally promoting the Club and the forums.

This is because the Facebook group is a mess. It was only ever intended for users and members of the Club to use, and is much harder to police with the volume of inane posts and the total lack of any useful order.

Thanks for reading and for your continued support. Please contact us if you have any questions!

Name
    Keith
    Last Online
    02-01-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    '97 Legnum COTY

Quote Originally Posted by Humpty's Revenge View Post
    Morning Keith please read the very first post in this thread
    Yes, I had read that, thanks-
    Hoping to get verification that I am indeed signed up for yet another year?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes, I had read that, thanks-
    Hoping to get verification that I am indeed signed up for yet another year?
    I will nudge @elnevio so he can look at it for you but please bare with us as he is very busy but will let you know as soon as

Name
    Keith
    Last Online
    02-01-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    '97 Legnum COTY

Thank you Sir

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

There is currently a problem with manually updating the membership system and this is being looked at. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon and we can get on with with sorting the manual additions out! Thanks for your patience.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Keith
    Last Online
    02-01-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    '97 Legnum COTY

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio View Post
    There is currently a problem with manually updating the membership system and this is being looked at. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon and we can get on with with sorting the manual additions out! Thanks for your patience.
    6 weeks & counting-
    Not so much my patience has run out, but I am in dire need to access the manuals for some winter maintainance-
    Can someone look into this please??
    Thanks

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the delay - there was a difficult-to-track-down technical issue which was preventing the Memberships from being able to be updated.

I've extended your Membership for a year from today.

Please let me know here if you experience any issues (this is the first Membership I've amended, so hopefully I've done each step correctly!)

Garry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234