Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

New VR 4 Driver from Austria

Hello guys!

My name's Lukas and as the title already says, I am from Austria (in Northern Ireland for 5 weeks right now, still 2 or 3 to come to work here). At the moment I am still looking for as much information as possible about the VR-4 before importing one from Japan. The model information was the most useful thing I've found in the last 5 days. Never had such a detailed source of the Facelifts from the VR4 which are completely different to the EU Galant, thank you for that! Now I really know what to tell my import company, or at least I think I know.

I drove the V6 EU Galant a couple of years but needed to swap it for a VW Passat because my daily work route forced me to. It was just not bearable anymore to drive 150 km/90mi a day and refuel that beast with 98+ octan gasoline (which were basically 90 Euros every two to three days).

First I wanted to upgrade my old Galant to a VR4 in germany (I never sold my beauty. I just couldn't, it would have broke my heart). But after some serious usage of my brain (happens occasionally) I came to the conclusion that importing one would be the better option.

So I guess for the first weeks/months I will be busy reading and I need some practice on the car as well before I can give useful answers and participate in discussions

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. (And don't hesitate to correct my english, I'd really appreciate it if you do so)

Best wishes
    Lukas

Name
    Mac
    Last Online
    25-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    LegnumVR4

Hello and welcome to CVR-4! You are in the right place if you are looking for more info regarding VR-4.
    Enjoy!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Enjoy your search. Feel free to ask questions but I guess you are just reading and absorbing at the moment.
    Your English is better than some people on here who have lived here all their lives!

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

Hi Lukas, welcome to the Club. You will find all necessary info on here.

If you want to save yourself from spending too much Money on importing a car just send me a personal message. I am considering to sell my VR-4 in nearer future. A Manual Legnum with full paperwork located in Germany.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0047.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	586.1 KB 
ID:	76689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0042.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	76690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	786709-930-0-elbetreffen-xi-2015-teil-2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	76691
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Lukas
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thanks guys!

Yes at the moment I will be more absorbing than posting to learn about the problems this car might have and what to consider when buying one. When I have the car and drove it a few times I am sure I can share some experience as well, but will be a long time until then. First I have to get one
    @Crazydriver81 that's a very beautiful car you have there. But I am looking for a sedan since my Passat's already a station wagon

Name
    Lukas
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

So now it's time to introduce my VR4. After a hell of authority marathon I finally made it. My pearl white shiny Galant which I already "personalized" a bit. Exchanged the silver diamonds on the front to the red diamonds and the orange side signal lights to the white ones. Also converted it to black leather which is already finished (except heating but as it's a summer car I don't bother) but I don't have a picture of it at the moment, maybe I can take some tomorrow. What is also not visible on this pictures is that I retro-fitted the headlamp range adjustment.

Just because I could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190424_140906.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	741.4 KB 
ID:	81330 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190424_140727.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	532.6 KB 
ID:	81329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190424_130022.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	679.5 KB 
ID:	81328

Has a bit of problems though: The clutch started slipping about a week ago. :/ Before that happened it had ignition problems when going full throttle at about 5000 revs.

I heard a metal-like "cling" when it started to slip and when going on bumpy roads I can hear "metal stuff flys around in a metal hull" sounds. So I guess mine looks a bit like his: https://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showth...l=1#post803182.

Altough it's still driveable but only on good days I can push the pedal down more than a quarter/half in 5th gear. Gear 1 - 3 work with no problems on full throttle, 4th sometimes slips on full. But acceleration on the highway from 110 km/h to 140 km/h in 5th is not possible with more than half of the pedal way.

So I guess you will see a thread in the Gearbox/Transmission sub-forum in the next few days

Planned stuff for the next weeks:

-new spark plugs
    -new ignition cables
    -new engine oil
    -fix leaking rocker cover gasket
    -fix leaking transmission case
    -new liquids
    -a whole bunch of small stuff like new gaskets at the doors, new wiper arm (oxidized), grill clips, etc...

No upgrades planned as it would require an cat-back exhaust which is .. almost impossible here The new exhaust MUST NOT be louder than the original one, so only a custom made solution would be possible but I don't think I want to spend so much money when I could get a Legalis R which would be illegal though. So maybe just a 3port + ECU-tune, I don't know yet. First the other little (and big) things are on the list.

best regards

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit