Name
    Dan
    Last Online
    21-04-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom

On AutoTrader now, manual VR4

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...LANT&logcode=p

Very clean example, almost definitely already snapped up the moment it steps foot in the country. Still worth mentioning though, there may be a slim chance it isn't.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    14-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Scooby thing..
    My Garage
    Visit

Motorhub...

Generaly a place to avoid...

IIRC linked to a dealer in Keighley...

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Keep your eyes wide open if you're tempted by anything from this dealer.
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    03-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

I got my last one from them ,apart from the wheel falling off the day after I bought it ,(they more than paid for the damage) I had it 10 years , so can't really fault them ,

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Name
    zemo
    Last Online
    29-07-2021
    Country
    Other

I have been looking at that too. The seller is putting me right off, I know of a few people who have been stung by these guys so I'm staying well away.

For that amount of money I'm sure I can import my own and still have some change.

Bonnet doesn't line up on the near side as if it has been pushed down by the wing area. I wouldn't be surprised if its accident repaired car TBH.

Them guys have a very bad reputation, just Google MotorHub or Keighley Car Trade centre their old name.

Name
    Ryan
    Last Online
    10-04-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4 PFL

I am not dissing Ianturbo's car and I know he ran it for 10 years......

But I now own his car for spares and I have had a good look under the car and you can clearly see where its been lifted with a forklift truck......the chassis rails are crushed in two distinct places (the width of the folks)

I was speaking to my local JDM parts importer and he confirmed the damage as that of a folklift.

He told me a tale that when they imported cars from Japan they had a few that came with this type of damage. One car he said was the worst, was a Sti that had the folks went into both doors and they still loading it on the ship to the UK for them to repair. Some of the cheaper docks in Japan just dont give a **** and load the cars without caring....so be warned.

So watch out for bad dealers.......you have to remember most of the good cars have already left Japan for Aus or NZ a long time ago. I am now reading stories of R31/32 Skylines been taken from scrap yards and then cut and shut to make whats looks like a good car to be then sold to the Americans. As they are now 25 years old and can command a high resale in the states.

I am not saying all sellers are bad........but unless the car in Japan has been checked 100% as a good car stay clear.

I have also personally seen about 10 years ago at what was then my local JDM import place (Vineplace it was called) a Mazda RX7 sold as a grade 3.5 car but you could clearly see it had been damaged repaired.......silver on silver is hard to blend in..........and it still had a small ripple in the roof line.
    "I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes"

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

3.5 would tend to imply a damaged repaired, wouldn't it? If all the good cars have already left, is Japan full of duff cars now? Sorry to disagree a little, but I suspect there are good and bad cars leaving all the time, same as any second hand car buying. If someone with a nice car moves on, a nice car hits the second hand market.

I'd buy from anywhere, but with a rep like this place I'd have my eyes wide open before I handed over any cash.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Incidentally, the car is a type V, no high vis dash, so will almost certainly have an open rear diff. Other stuff is easily visible too - Evo 9 alloys, Teins, Front seat swap, steering wheel with no airbag, intercooler. The headlights and tail lights look to be non original for the model, although the headlights could be UKDM. Weird light in the rear bumper - Reverse light? Plastic arches are probably added as early type V models didn't have them. What looks to be a fujitsubo exhaust, although it is difficult to tell for sure. A black roof, Monte Carlo stickers, air intake, hard pipe kit and something in the stereo aperture, although I can;t tell what it is. There is also what appears to be dodgy stick on carbon over the switch panel by the coin tray and the drivers side A pillar so a pound to a pinch of salt the car has sported gauges and the like in the past. It also looks like it could be quite clean with regards to tin worm.

Could be a corker, could be a badly put together messed around with nightmare.