Gareth
    Last Online
    04-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2001 Galant VR4

Immobiliser Issues

I am having issues with starting my car and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a solution. Basically the immobiliser fob is not registering when poked into the socket ( the little flashing one next to the ignition on the ralliart cars). The car has been stood for around 9 months but was started and taken for a short drive every fortnight up until the beginning of January since then it has just been sat. In this time the battery has been drained. I charged the battery yesterday for 12 hours and now I am getting nothing when trying to deactivate the immobiliser. I do have 2 key fobs for unlocking the door but these have not worked for a long time I always opened doors with the key and used the immobiliser fob. So now I have no way of disabling the immobiliser to start the car. Any advice on how to fix either the immobiliser fob or door fob would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Gareth

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

If it is a cobra alarm/immobiliser.
    You will need the reprogramme code which should have been written in the alarm manual.
    The procedure for reregistering the immobiliser fobs and key fobs is in there. It involves turning the ignition on and poking the immobiliser fob into the socket in the 4 digit reprogramme code sequense. 4 pokes for a 4, 2 pokes for a 2, etc. Then the foobs can be registered with the immobiliser but all have to be done at the same time and each one within about 10 seconds of each other.
    It is a bit of pain but it does work.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Bye for Now!

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    04-06-2017
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2001 Galant VR4

Thanks Dave it appears to be a Thatcham according to the manual. Mitsubishi Elite 3 Alarm Immobiliser MIRRC. I have instructions for re learning the door fob but this includes inserting a touch key which should light up the dashboard but in my case doesnt so Im a bit buggered. Also there is no code in there. Im thinking maybe the battery is cream crackered so looks like Im going to have to get a new one and try that. Does that sound feasible or do you think it will just be more money down the drain?

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Thatcham is a categorisation for alarms and immobilisers.

Most have the Cobra system, the fob has two buttons, one large with a small raised dot in the centre, and a smaller one to the right of it.

The touch key receptacle may have had the centre pin pushed inwards if it's been used repeatedly as the primary source of starting the car - it's not designed for regular use.

Name
    john
    Last Online
    18-08-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

I have this issue with the touch key thing as well athough it's not the actual key it's the receptacle I need to pull it out the slot every now and then to push one of the connections that shakes loose back in. Not by much but enough for it not to work something else to look at and rule out