Thread: Ebay : Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 2000 Twin Turbo Gallant Rally Art Tiptronic

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Ebay : Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 2000 Twin Turbo Gallant Rally Art Tiptronic

My vr4 for sale

URL
    Description

VR4 lenum for sale on ebay
    Last edited by H24k; 28-04-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

To the eBay seller;

Facelift aside.. Comparing the value of your car with 150k on the clock, AYC butchered and faulty ABS (dangerously kicking in whilst driving) against a fresh import..

Do-tell-me-more.jpg

Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Ps. The ABS kicking in is most likely a faulty ABS ring or sensor, causing the active stability control to kick in.

My first Galant used to do this, disconnecting the sensor underneath the arm rest cubby hole would disable the system (albeit give you a dash warning light permanently).

Easiest fix would be to get some new front half shafts, or perhaps new hall effect sensors.

Name
    Chris
    Last Online
    11-06-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

This is what you have to pay, for the best colour they come in

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Thanks for the info Foxdie, and with regards to the car having 150k etc it did have a recon engine fitted and to be honest ive owned quiet a few vr4s including a very late 2002 with very low miles and even that had the usual tappet sound on start up this one doesnt have that its a very nice smooth engine so must of been well looked after, and mine does come with a lot of expensive extras plus all the other bits im giving with it, spares, alloys brembo calipers and discs etc all add up!!

The ad is only a test ad as its not even under the correct section, and im still using the car almost everyday and really dont wanna sell it but ive currently got 7 cars including a 3000gt vr4 so thought I would put this and see if theres any interest, see what happens.
    Last edited by H24k; 28-04-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

If it is your car for sale you should really say that in you post, plenty of people post links to cars for sale. And people will give their opinion both good and bad of it.
    If you post up a for sale add then not many people will comment on it and let the interested people ask the questions.
    When any car is for sale privately with no warranty then it is always a sold as seen, buyer beware, do your home work with back ground checks, scenario. It is up to the buyer to ensure he or she is getting what is being advertised.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Bye for Now!

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Hi Dave yeah thats understandable but I only posted a link as I had allready listed it on ebay as a trial test kinda thing to see what happens, If I was really thinking to sell it and had a price in mind I would have first put an ad on here but just put the link up using the ebay listing option on here which asks for the url etc! but ive taken your advice and just added that its mine to the original post, Thanks

anyway people are free to say what they like and give their own opinions etc thats cool, like I said I do love the car and its soo reliable compared to most other cars out there even with all the tech these have I guess its only the AYC that needs real looking after but much more reliable cars than mercs beemers and audis etc that ive owned and also currently own!

Maybe if I get a sensible offer I will let it go otherwise will sort out the cat and probably keep it. Any ideas on the de cat do you guys recon its a good or bad idea??
    Last edited by H24k; 28-04-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Most MOT testers don't know how to warm up our cats - they're a long way down the exhaust, and need some serious heat in them to work properly. So you either need to arrive having ragged the **** out of the car, and have the emissions tested immediately, or the tester will need to rev the engine at 3-4k for a good couple of minutes, including some full throttle then lifting off (to draw through fresh air to "kick start" the cat), otherwise it'll never get up to temperature just at idle (unlike newer cars with cats on the manifolds).

It's also technically illegal to run without a cat, as it's an MOT failure if a cat has been physically removed.

I'm happy in a way that people are starting to ask more for these cars, as they should be worth more than they are currently fetching, but the ABS issue, lack of AYC, and the rust on rear arches would be a turn off for many who know about these cars, and would drop the price dramatically, even with the mods (where the purchase price of then are almost irrelevant to the sale price).

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Hi and Thanks for the reply, You are defo right about the cat because it failed on the last mot then the tester kept revving the engine for some time then quickly tested again and the emission where fine after that but he said he thought that the cat was on its way out as it was sending the lambda sensor readings mad etc hence why the emissions were all over the place!

Im not good with mechanics myself but did like the idea of a decat as I remember back in the day when the cat laws came in and my dad had just purchased a brand new bmw 525ise and then had to have a cat fitted and it sapped soo much of the power so was thinking it would add power too having it removed however like you said come mot time pure headaches!! so not worth doing!

Regarding the prices of these cars, im sure they will keep rising as they are soo rare allready and ive recently seen one sell for £6995 on ebay a 1999 car with 50k and another which had about 89k sold for £5995 and that was an S reg 98/99 aswell!

The brakes I could sort out quiet easily as its a simple thing im sure because they work fine but only sometimes i get that kind of grinding feeling through the pedal and ive had a similar thing on other cars in the past, mainly alfas ive owned so im sure its nothing to do with the AYC etc and i do have the brembos to fit!

The rust on arch etc i could easily do myself as thats what im good at doing body work but just soo busy these days but if i end up keeping it i'll probably sort all that out.
    Last edited by H24k; 28-04-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

think this car last sold on here a few months ago for offers around £2K.
    Prices must be climbing sharply!

'97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    03-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

I bought my car off this chap , had a few bits to do on it but no problem and I'm loving the auto box 👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Hi Ian,

Hope you're well mate and glad you are enjoying the car, Thanks for posting the Positive comment, Nice to actually get some positive feedback off someone on here!! lol

All the Best mate

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    03-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Passed M.O.T yesterday, 👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Name
    Harry
    Last Online
    15-03-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant VR4 2001

Car is open to sensible offers as I now need to sell it to fund my dads funeral!