Neomal
    Last Online
    08-06-2018
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1999 VR4 S

Hi Everybody!

Just got a 1999 VR4 which is in pristine condition. Came with a solid service history with 3 previous owners. Eventhough it has done 258000+ kms it is an unmolested example which I beleive is rare to find here in NZ ( may be elsewhere too ) as most have been in the company of boy racers!!

The only item I would like to look around is the engine cover which is cracked. Though not obvious at a glance I would like to locate one new or used. So you help in finding one would be most appreciated.

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Things with a V
    My Garage
    Visit

Pictures are always nice!!

Most original engine covers are now pretty much dust, unfortunately. You may be able to get hold of a new one from Japan via the main dealership, but they may now be discontinued. Expect a scary price in the region of NZ$400-500 though!

| JDM Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 S | RVR Hyper Sports Gear R | Ford Transit Connect |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Jake
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Legnum VR4

Welcome!

If the cover is not too far gone, you can re-enforce it with a slow cure epoxy (fast will struggle with the heat). For extra support plaster board fibreglass mesh tape can be used in the epoxy. just be sure to clean, sand and clean again thoroughly or it wont hold!