Last Online
    31-07-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4 M/T

Finding out my JDM Registration number

Hi guys,
    Any idea how i might find out what my original JDM registration number was and how i might obtain a set original plates? Would be nice for displaying at a meet or the wall in my garage.
    Dave O

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Name
    Aaron
    Last Online
    27-10-2023
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

Thumbs up

Thats a cool idea! Yes it is possible, the import company gave me a copy of the original registration details for my car but I have no idea how they got it though.

Edit: You will probably just need your vin/chassis number and ask someone for the Japanese certificate of registration (登録事項等証明書) which has all the information on it. Btw theres usually a small fee for requesting this kind of information too.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 30-07-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Daily driver / circuit car / drag car / show car / weekend cruiser / project car

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    31-07-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Thats a cool idea! Yes it is possible, the import company gave me a copy of the original registration details for my car but I have no idea how they got it though.

Edit: You will probably just need your vin/chassis number and ask someone for the Japanese certificate of registration (登録事項等証明書) which has all the information on it. Btw theres usually a small fee for requesting this kind of information too.
    I'm really struggling to find any way to get this information, website's or translations. Can anybody help me?

Name
    Aaron
    Last Online
    27-10-2023
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

I think it can only be done in person, not online. https://translate.google.co.jp/trans...tm&prev=search
    Any luck trying an import/ export company? I assume they would access this kind of info all the time before cars get exported.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    31-07-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    I think it can only be done in person, not online. https://translate.google.co.jp/trans...tm&prev=search
    Any luck trying an import/ export company? I assume they would access this kind of info all the time before cars get exported.
    Ive tried to find out the name of the importer from the guy who sold me the car but he just hasn't responded back to me. im guessing this kind of question for him is just not important and possibly wasting his time.
    So think i will have to try a different approach. Will look at the link and do some more digging.
    But i would really like to have the original JDM No. plate details and get one made up to at least look the same to show off.

Name
    Aaron
    Last Online
    27-10-2023
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by mitsiboyblue View Post
    Ive tried to find out the name of the importer from the guy who sold me the car but he just hasn't responded back to me. im guessing this kind of question for him is just not important and possibly wasting his time.
    So think i will have to try a different approach. Will look at the link and do some more digging.
    But i would really like to have the original JDM No. plate details and get one made up to at least look the same to show off.

The original import company might still have something on file but I think any importer that has people based in Japan can do it, it just depends if they are nice enough to do it since theres not really much in it for them.